CycleBanter.com

-   Social Issues (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Best Shortwave Antenna for Cycling ? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=13885)

ex_cathedra March 30th 04 12:29 AM

Best Shortwave Antenna for Cycling ?

It's yer bike !
Believe it or not.
I had this junky transistor styled shortwave radio
that hardly picked up any stations.

I also had a hard time picking up even FM in some places out here due
to the terrain.
One bike radio(am/fm/headlight) I tried had a wire coming out from
it.
And when it got near the bike,the radio went dead.
So for FM your bike is a signal killer.

So just goofing around today I clipped a wire to my bike....(to the
reflector bracket) and this shortwave radio worked GREAT!

I rode around to all the places I had problems with FM even.
And the shortwave stations were really loud and clear.

I'm just sayin....
Whooda thunk a bike is a perfect shortwave antenna?

Thank God I don't have to listen to Clearchannel anymore !

Red Cloud April 20th 04 07:20 AM

Best Shortwave Antenna for Cycling ?

(ex_cathedra) wrote in message . com...

Listening to radio while on bicycle is against law!
Didn't you know that it is violation of vehical code to
listen to radio by wearing earphone! Yes it's traffic violation!
Be careful!

Max April 20th 04 11:47 AM

Best Shortwave Antenna for Cycling ?

In article ,
(Red Cloud) wrote:

(ex_cathedra) wrote in message
. com...

Ex?? Aren't you supposed to be fomenting revolution or something?
(have you listened in on WNTD yet?)

Listening to radio while on bicycle is against law!

CITE!

Didn't you know that it is violation of vehical code to
listen to radio by wearing earphone! Yes it's traffic violation!
Be careful!

Listening to radio != wearing headphones.

..max

--
the part of
was played by maxwell monningh 8-p

Telamon April 21st 04 04:23 AM

Best Shortwave Antenna for Cycling ?

In article ,
Max wrote:

In article ,
(Red Cloud) wrote:

(ex_cathedra) wrote in message
. com...

Ex?? Aren't you supposed to be fomenting revolution or something?
(have you listened in on WNTD yet?)

Listening to radio while on bicycle is against law!

CITE!

I "CITE" common sense.

If you are on a public roadway you have to follow the local rules.
Chance are you will be OK using one earphone with the other one able to
hear car horns, warning shouts or emergency sirens.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Max April 21st 04 06:48 AM

Telamon wrote:

Max wrote:

(Red Cloud) wrote:

Listening to radio while on bicycle is against law!

CITE!

I "CITE" common sense.

If you are on a public roadway you have to follow the local rules.
Chance are you will be OK using one earphone with the other one able to
hear car horns, warning shouts or emergency sirens.

So listening to radio on bicycle is not against law...

glad to see you agree. :-)

..max

S o r n i April 21st 04 06:53 AM

Max wrote:
Telamon wrote:

Max wrote:

(Red Cloud) wrote:

Listening to radio while on bicycle is against law!

CITE!

I "CITE" common sense.

If you are on a public roadway you have to follow the local rules.
Chance are you will be OK using one earphone with the other one able
to hear car horns, warning shouts or emergency sirens.

So listening to radio on bicycle is not against law...

glad to see you agree. :-)

Is Red Cloud Troll the same person as Telamon?

Bill "tell a man, mon" S.

longwave April 21st 04 07:53 AM

Max wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Max wrote:

(Red Cloud) wrote:

Listening to radio while on bicycle is against law!

CITE!

I "CITE" common sense.

If you are on a public roadway you have to follow the local rules.
Chance are you will be OK using one earphone with the other one able to
hear car horns, warning shouts or emergency sirens.

So listening to radio on bicycle is not against law...

glad to see you agree. :-)

.max

Most states prohibit the use of headphones which cover both ears, while
riding a bicycle or driving a vehicle.

Telamon April 21st 04 08:42 AM

"S o r n i" wrote:

Max wrote:
Telamon wrote:

Max wrote:

(Red Cloud) wrote:

Listening to radio while on bicycle is against law!

CITE!

I "CITE" common sense.

If you are on a public roadway you have to follow the local rules.
Chance are you will be OK using one earphone with the other one able
to hear car horns, warning shouts or emergency sirens.

So listening to radio on bicycle is not against law...

glad to see you agree. :-)

Is Red Cloud Troll the same person as Telamon?

Bill "tell a man, mon" S.

No. I don't play the sock puppet games.

If you are looking for a clue to my handle look at the "Organization"
field.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

S o r n i April 21st 04 08:49 AM

Best Shortwave Antenna for Cycling ?

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
"S o r n i" wrote:

Max wrote:
Telamon wrote:

Max wrote:

(Red Cloud) wrote:

Listening to radio while on bicycle is against law!

CITE!

I "CITE" common sense.

If you are on a public roadway you have to follow the local rules.
Chance are you will be OK using one earphone with the other one
able to hear car horns, warning shouts or emergency sirens.

So listening to radio on bicycle is not against law...

glad to see you agree. :-)

Is Red Cloud Troll the same person as Telamon?

Bill "tell a man, mon" S.

No. I don't play the sock puppet games.

If you are looking for a clue to my handle look at the "Organization"
field.

So "Max" asked Red Troll to cite, and you answered as if he were challenging
you.

Then he replied as if RC had indeed posted the remarks. (Never really
thought you and he were one, btw.)

It's all clear now :)

Bill "CLOUDY INDEED" S.

Beloved Leader April 21st 04 03:59 PM

Best Shortwave Antenna for Cycling ?

(ex_cathedra) wrote in message . com...

I'm just sayin....
Whooda thunk a bike is a perfect shortwave antenna?

Finally! A use for all those junky bicycles with the bent frames I've
got littering the basement. And to think I was going to repair them
"any day now."