CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Basic Human Rights: The Right to Ride a Bike (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=230312)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_] August 12th 11 03:36 PM

Basic Human Rights: The Right to Ride a Bike

Remember when they days when Carter was in charge and Human Rights were all the rage? I kind of reminisce of those times when idealism was somewhat a moderating factor to economics. I always was for the extended human rights, which means that they should include HOUSING & HEALTHCARE, something every human being should have. But it should also have the right to mobility, meaning the RIGHT TO RIDE A BIKE. This means that you should not need to be looking over your shoulder to see why someone is blasting the horn at you.

By these standards few countries are in compliance of human rights. Now the culture of greed has taken over the world and nobody even mentions human rights. The new buzzword is GLOBALIZATION. It's followed like a religion and nobody really knows why we follow it. What's the morality of it anyway?

Now it's not OK to ride a bike. You must drive an SUV and live in a Gated Community to be someone. Americans though insist that they have the fundamental right to cheap gas. Nobody has thought of taxing gas to pay for the debt? Oh no, that would be political suicide. In times of Jimmy cars were downsizing and we thought we would evolve into a more frugal, smarter world. Then Reagan came along and planted the bad seed: GREED, something the Teabaggers try to keep alive even at the cost of sinking the country.

No more Wisdom of the Jungle for the day.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_] August 14th 11 03:59 PM

Basic Human Rights: The Right to Ride a Bike

On Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:58:09 PM UTC-4, DevilsPGD wrote:
In message

someone claiming to be "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach
Cruiser Philosopher" typed:

On Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:21:26 PM UTC-4, DevilsPGD wrote:
In message

someone claiming to be "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach
Cruiser Philosopher" typed:

Remember the days when Carter was in charge and Human Rights
were all the rage? I kind of reminisce of those times when
idealism was somewhat a moderating factor to economics. I
always was for the extended human rights, which means that they
should include HOUSING & HEALTHCARE, something every human being
should have. But it should also have the right to mobility,
meaning the RIGHT TO RIDE A BIKE. This means that you should not
need to be looking over your shoulder to see why someone is
blasting the horn at you.

What does the "right to ride a bike" have to do with having to
shoulder-check?

Oh, it has a great deal to do with it. As you may have noticed my
wisdom is inspired by the jungle, and the first thing you must do
in the jungle is look over your shoulder... WHY? Because the
predators are all around you and want to eat you.

In a civilized society you don't worry about drivers, they worry
about you. They are behind you and you turning your head can cause
you to lose control and can give you a strained neck as well.

DRIVERS ARE AT FAULT --LIKE IN HOLLAND-- UNLESS PROVEN OTHERWISE.

In a civilized society, everyone should take care of both their own
needs and others. This is true of biking and driving, and if you aren't
capable of doing so without injury or loss of control, either get
mirrors or get off the rode.

You cannot assume anyone else is competent, you need to take
responsibility for your own safety while also not injuring others.

Even on a bike-only path, if you aren't shoulder checking you're an
accident waiting to happen and you shouldn't be there if other bikers
are in the area.

Most Americans are incompetent drivers thus it follows that you should be off the road all the time.

Indeed only a fraction of 1% dare commute by bike.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_] August 15th 11 03:36 AM

Basic Human Rights: The Right to Ride a Bike

On Sunday, August 14, 2011 1:20:14 PM UTC-4, rst0 wrote:
On Aug 14, 7:36 am, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
Yes, the Dalai Lama is a CIA stooge, and he gets $180,000 from the
CIA.

Wait, those are BIG WORDS. What exactly do you have to say in order to receive a check from the CIA?

Anything and everything to make China angry, agitated, react
negatively,...

Case in point, like Liu Xiaobo and Ai Waiwai.

Ai Waiwai spent 15 years living as a homeless and illegal immigrant
in New York City Chinatown. Recently, he agreed to pay 1.8 millions
in back income tax in China. Where does he get this kind of money?
From the CIA!!!

The point is why the Dragon gets agitated about such a fly. The monks don't even dare to speak up like me. Their "wisdom" is to hide inside themselves.

I'm talking about REAL FREEDOM, such as RIDING A BIKE WITHOUT FEAR.