CycleBanter.com

-   -   color match (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=75492)

jim beam December 4th 04 06:42 AM

color match

anyone ever mixed paint to aproximate for bianchi's celeste color? need
to do some touchup work. doesn't need to be exact.

thanks!

Mark D December 4th 04 08:24 AM

Hi, Bianchi Does sell Celeste touch up paint from thier website. In
fact, this is the only color they sell. Can't remember the URl, but
it's probably www.bianchi.com Mark

B i l l S o r n s o n December 4th 04 08:43 AM

jim beam wrote:
anyone ever mixed paint to aproximate for bianchi's celeste color?
need to do some touchup work. doesn't need to be exact.

Save up some snot?

(Or is that just Sycip? sp?)

?,

--
BS (no, really)

Partly Animal December 5th 04 12:25 AM

I took my Bianchi to my local automotive paint store who were able to do a
custom match. Didn't cost all that much.

jim beam December 5th 04 04:02 AM

Mark D wrote:
Hi, Bianchi Does sell Celeste touch up paint from thier website. In
fact, this is the only color they sell. Can't remember the URl, but
it's probably www.bianchi.com Mark

who'd a thunk it? thanks mark!

Zog The Undeniable December 5th 04 09:37 AM

Mark D wrote:

Hi, Bianchi Does sell Celeste touch up paint from thier website. In
fact, this is the only color they sell. Can't remember the URl, but
it's probably www.bianchi.com Mark

But they have also changed the exact shade several times in the past (or
maybe it's just duff quality control)...

Tom Sherman December 5th 04 02:02 PM

jim beam wrote:

anyone ever mixed paint to aproximate for bianchi's celeste color? need
to do some touchup work. doesn't need to be exact.

The paint used on the interior of swimming pools is a close match. ;)

--
Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

A Muzi December 5th 04 11:34 PM

jim beam wrote:

anyone ever mixed paint to aproximate for bianchi's celeste color? need
to do some touchup work. doesn't need to be exact.

Is that a for a recent/current Nuovo Celeste Bianchi? You
can just buy a small bottle of touchup an any Bianchi dealer
or get Bianchi's exceptional 2-can spray paint kit ( green
base with pearl blue clear topcoat).

If it's older, the color has been greener (80s), greyer
(60s),bluer (70s) over time at various Bianchi factories.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

A Muzi December 6th 04 02:38 AM

jim beam wrote:

anyone ever mixed paint to aproximate for bianchi's celeste color? need
to do some touchup work. doesn't need to be exact.

I wrote you but your email has changed. Write me please.

A Muzi December 6th 04 02:41 AM

Mark D wrote:

Hi, Bianchi Does sell Celeste touch up paint from thier website. In
fact, this is the only color they sell. Can't remember the URl, but
it's probably www.bianchi.com Mark

Pretty close. It's-
http://www.bianchiusa.com/