CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=144932)

Gooserider September 13th 06 02:45 AM

What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

http://www.active-tunes.com/

I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system and
bike mount for iPod.

Kristian M Zoerhoff September 13th 06 03:30 AM

What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

In article , Gooserider@mouse-
potato.com says...
http://www.active-tunes.com/

I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system and
bike mount for iPod.

Can't be any worse than a car stereo. I would just strap my portable
speakers/iPod into the webbing on my trunk bag, but if you just gots to have
tunes....

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_

Earl Bollinger September 13th 06 11:55 AM

What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

"Kristian M Zoerhoff" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
Gooserider@mouse-
potato.com says...
http://www.active-tunes.com/

I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system
and
bike mount for iPod.

Can't be any worse than a car stereo. I would just strap my portable
speakers/iPod into the webbing on my trunk bag, but if you just gots to
have
tunes....

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_
(_)/ (_)

The question I have is where or what do you do with the IPOD or MP3 player
or whatever.
They just have a earphone plug on the unit so the player has to be mounted
or affixed to the bike somewhere else.

Kristian M Zoerhoff September 13th 06 01:11 PM

What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

In article ,
says...

The question I have is where or what do you do with the IPOD or MP3 player
or whatever.
They just have a earphone plug on the unit so the player has to be mounted
or affixed to the bike somewhere else.

Seat pack? That's where I'd put it. That, or strapped to my arm via the jogger-
holster I have.

The portable speakers I use have a built-in dock connector, making this moot.

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_

(_)/ (_)

Roger Zoul September 13th 06 05:34 PM

What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

Gooserider wrote:
:: http://www.active-tunes.com/
::
:: I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker
:: system and bike mount for iPod.

I like to hang my speakers in my ears.....

Chris Z The Wheelman September 13th 06 08:22 PM

What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

Old school. I MacGyvered something like that way back in the eighty's
Now I just tuck a pair of small amplified walkman speakers into the side
pouches of my handlebar bag.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Artoi September 13th 06 11:11 PM

What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

In article ,
"Roger Zoul" wrote:

Gooserider wrote:
:: http://www.active-tunes.com/
::
:: I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker
:: system and bike mount for iPod.

I like to hang my speakers in my ears.....

Looks like Apple's new iPod shuffle could come in very handy for this
purpose.

Werehatrack September 14th 06 12:46 AM

What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 01:45:19 GMT, "Gooserider"
wrote:

http://www.active-tunes.com/

I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker system and
bike mount for iPod.

Two reactions:

I'm really going to risk a $300 iPod on a crappy plastic mount like
that? NFW!

If they're loud enough to be heard over street noise, they're louder
than I want to hear as I ride past. Just what we need; the boom-box
wars moving to bikes.

There's enough noise in the world now. Don't make more.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Roger Zoul September 14th 06 06:41 AM

What do you think---iPod speakers for the bike

Artoi wrote:
:: In article ,
:: "Roger Zoul" wrote:
::
::: Gooserider wrote:
::::: http://www.active-tunes.com/
:::::
::::: I found this product for sale--the i-Ride. It's a small speaker
::::: system and bike mount for iPod.
:::
::: I like to hang my speakers in my ears.....
::
:: Looks like Apple's new iPod shuffle could come in very handy for this
:: purpose.

Yeah, that tiny thing is just dandy!