CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A long time ago... (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=158154)

JD March 19th 07 08:43 AM

A long time ago...

....in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/up..._32_146356.jpg

JD

NotaKnob March 20th 07 04:12 AM

A long time ago...

On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" wrote:
...in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/up...llery_35_32_14...

When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?

FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.

Bruce

Scott Gordo March 20th 07 06:15 PM

A long time ago...

On Mar 20, 12:12 am, "NotaKnob" wrote:
On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" wrote:

...in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/up...llery_35_32_14...

When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?

FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.

Bruce

I had a remarkably similar Giant and Specialized. First things that
come to mind: helmet jostled over my eyes, cut-off jean shorts, sore
hands and chattering teeth.

Also: Joe Murray is generally credited with the sloping top tube for
the mtb, right? God bless him.

/s

JD March 20th 07 11:23 PM

A long time ago...

On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" wrote:

...in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/up...llery_35_32_14...

When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?

FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.

Bruce

I had a remarkably similar Giant and Specialized. First things that
come to mind: helmet jostled over my eyes, cut-off jean shorts, sore
hands and chattering teeth.

Also: Joe Murray is generally credited with the sloping top tube for
the mtb, right? God bless him.

/s

Yes, it was Joe Murray. He sloped Konas first, I think and then did
the VooDoo thing. He's still into the VooDoo thing as well as many
others, including Dahon.

JD

Scott Gordo March 21st 07 02:46 PM

A long time ago...

On Mar 19, 2:43 am, "JD" wrote:

...in a place far, far away.

http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/up...llery_35_32_14...

When did the scourge of ATV's start taking over the mountains?

FWIW, I've got a Nishiki in my garage that looks almost exactly like
that, except "I've" got clipless pedals.

Bruce

I had a remarkably similar Giant and Specialized. First things that
come to mind: helmet jostled over my eyes, cut-off jean shorts, sore
hands and chattering teeth.

Also: Joe Murray is generally credited with the sloping top tube for
the mtb, right? God bless him.

/s

Yes, it was Joe Murray. He sloped Konas first, I think and then did
the VooDoo thing. He's still into the VooDoo thing as well as many
others, including Dahon.

JD- Hide quoted text -

Joe's with Shi*mano, too, you know. Part of their dev group. Anyway,
that ol' gleaming pearl-white Giant top tube is one of the most
frightening things I can recollect. I have never respected/feared
anything more in my life. It was always there, a presence, looming,
waiting....

Picked up a Dahon Boardwalk 8 for my pops a couple years ago. Natch,
the handling is squirrelly compared to what I'm accustomed to, but a
smart package, esp for the money. And if my dad (who couldn't tell you
which side of a hammer is up) is able to fold it down and snap it back
together without so much as shearing off half a finger, Murray et al
are doing a commendable job.

BTW: hold onto that Trek. It might be worth $1300 some day:

http://bikestoponline.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=1078

/s