CycleBanter.com

-   Marketplace (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wanted - J.C. Higgins Crank / Driveside (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=231822)

dave[_2_] October 16th 11 10:21 PM

Wanted - J.C. Higgins Crank / Driveside

Hello,

I'm looking for a J.C. Higgins crank drive side, one with J.C.
Higgins "in the spider" of the chainring. The one I have has stripped
threads where it receives the pedal. The length of the arm is 165mm,
or 6.5 inches long.
Thanks for any and all advice,
dave

dave[_2_] October 18th 11 12:57 AM

Wanted - J.C. Higgins Crank / Driveside

test 123

dave[_2_] October 18th 11 01:07 AM

Wanted - J.C. Higgins Crank / Driveside

thanks gregory,
i'm looking into that and many other options. my understanding is that
i need a tap with the correct t.p.i. and diameter to receive the
helicoil, and a helicoil with the correct t.p.i. and diameter to
receive the pedal. i can't swing $100.00 to make this work, i need to
find someone local who has the setup to make it feasable.

ideally, a matching crank would solve everything rather quickly, and i
may just swap it out for another model crank and keep looking.