CycleBanter.com

-   -   red lights are for other people (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=255160)

AMuzi December 6th 17 02:23 AM

red lights are for other people

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3678395
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Frank Krygowski[_4_] December 6th 17 03:23 AM

On 12/5/2017 9:23 PM, AMuzi wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3678395

In a situation like that, I suppose we'll never know what was in his
mind as he entered the intersection. It's hard to believe ignoring the
light would be deliberate, unless he was suicidal.

Once, riding home from work, I saw our former department secretary run a
downtown red light at speed in her distinctive little car. If another
car had been coming, she'd have been creamed. She was the furthest thing
from a scofflaw, so I assume her mind was elsewhere.

And BTW, this was before cell phones were a common thing.

--
- Frank Krygowski