CycleBanter.com

-   General (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bike Clubs (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=191726)

It's Chris July 29th 08 02:35 AM

Bike Clubs

Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so on?

Post your gripes, if you have any, about "your" local clubs, I'm
curious.

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Tom Sherman[_2_] July 29th 08 03:03 AM

Bike Clubs

It's Chris wrote:
Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so on?

Post your gripes, if you have any, about "your" local clubs, I'm
curious.

Why do all the rides start so early in the day?

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”

Bruce Gilbert[_3_] July 29th 08 03:13 AM

Bike Clubs

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
It's Chris wrote:
Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so on?

Post your gripes, if you have any, about "your" local clubs, I'm
curious.

Why do all the rides start so early in the day?

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”

Down here in Houston our summer rides all start at 7 or 7:30. Getting off
the bike later than 11 is just like being incinerated in a solar oven.
Having dealt with Melanoma already I try not to fry too much...

Bruce

Tom Sherman[_2_] July 29th 08 03:21 AM

Bike Clubs

It's Chris wrote:
Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so on?

Post your gripes, if you have any, about "your" local clubs, I'm
curious.

Why do all the rides start so early in the day?

Down here in Houston our summer rides all start at 7 or 7:30. Getting off
the bike later than 11 is just like being incinerated in a solar oven.
Having dealt with Melanoma already I try not to fry too much...

7:30 PM would be a more reasonable time to start.

Bruce Gilbert[_3_] July 29th 08 05:38 AM

Bike Clubs

It's Chris wrote:
Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so

on?

Post your gripes, if you have any, about "your" local clubs, I'm
curious.

Why do all the rides start so early in the day?

Down here in Houston our summer rides all start at 7 or 7:30. Getting

off
the bike later than 11 is just like being incinerated in a solar oven.
Having dealt with Melanoma already I try not to fry too much...

7:30 PM would be a more reasonable time to start.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”

Most of the organized summer rides go at 7am in this part of the world.

Some years ago on the way back home from nationals, my daughter and I
stopped in Durham, NC to see my wife's aunt. We did a group ride that
started at 1PM. That was a new and unusual experience for us. It was kind of
nice to ride in the early afternoon and not have the hair burned off your
arms.

Bruce

It's Chris July 30th 08 01:35 AM

Bike Clubs

From: (Tom*Sherman)
Why do all the rides start so early in the
day?

The club here in S.Carolina where I live it seems most of the members
start their rides after 11 in the morning, some even later. They do this
all seasons of the year. How they cope with the 90 degree heat and
similar humidity I never quite figured out. I guess it must be genetic.

- -

sally July 30th 08 02:10 AM

Bike Clubs

(It's Chris) wrote in news:24216-488E73F1-523
@storefull-3233.bay.webtv.net:
Anybody here have any "complaints" about the clubs in your area? Their
preferred type of riding isn't compaatible with yours, they don't ride
far/fast/slow enough, or enough period, general "lethatargy" and so on?

If you don't like the rides your club leads, why don't you offer to lead your
own? Most clubs are begging for more volunteer ride leaders and the ride
leader gets to choose the route, speed, start time, etc.

Tom Sherman[_2_] July 30th 08 03:16 AM

Bike Clubs

It's Chris wrote:
[...]

Do not people work anymore? I could not attend a ride that started later
than 4 AM or before 7 PM.

Tom Sherman[_2_] July 30th 08 03:17 AM

Bike Clubs

From: (Tom Sherman)
Why do all the rides start so early in the
day?

The club here in S.Carolina where I live it seems most of the members
start their rides after 11 in the morning, some even later. They do this
all seasons of the year. How they cope with the 90 degree heat and
similar humidity I never quite figured out. I guess it must be genetic.

On weekends presumably?

What about week days?

sally July 30th 08 04:37 AM

Bike Clubs

Tom Sherman wrote in
:
Do not people work anymore? I could not attend a ride that started later
than 4 AM or before 7 PM.

Cycling is a popular sport with retired people.