CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Vuelta Stage 11 (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=67294)

Richard Adams September 14th 04 04:33 PM

Vuelta Stage 11

Now that's a solo effort! Way to go Dave!

Jay Hill September 14th 04 11:40 PM

Richard Adams wrote:
Now that's a solo effort! Way to go Dave!

I keep on thinking of Trautman(?) during the Tour de France badgering
Bob Roll to explain to him why riders took flyers off the front if they
didn't have a chance of making it...

Richard Adams September 15th 04 03:02 AM

Jay Hill wrote:

Richard Adams wrote:

Now that's a solo effort! Way to go Dave!

I keep on thinking of Trautman(?) during the Tour de France badgering
Bob Roll to explain to him why riders took flyers off the front if they
didn't have a chance of making it...

Last time I saw an effort like this it involved Dudu and Spotty Dick,
only Virenque made it, Paris-Tours 2001

John Forrest Tomlinson September 15th 04 11:48 AM

On 14 Sep 2004 22:02:24 EDT, Richard Adams
wrote:

Jay Hill wrote:

Richard Adams wrote:

Now that's a solo effort! Way to go Dave!

I keep on thinking of Trautman(?) during the Tour de France badgering
Bob Roll to explain to him why riders took flyers off the front if they
didn't have a chance of making it...

Last time I saw an effort like this it involved Dudu and Spotty Dick,
only Virenque made it, Paris-Tours 2001

I saw this in the first stage of Bob Beal 35+ a few years ago.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

gym gravity September 15th 04 05:10 PM

Jay Hill wrote:

Richard Adams wrote:

Now that's a solo effort! Way to go Dave!

I keep on thinking of Trautman(?) during the Tour de France badgering
Bob Roll to explain to him why riders took flyers off the front if they
didn't have a chance of making it...

Maybe someone should email Troutmeister a link to the cyclingnews live
coverage from the day?

gym gravity September 15th 04 05:11 PM

gym gravity wrote:

Maybe someone should email Troutmeister a link to the cyclingnews live
coverage from the day?

On second thought, don't encourage him.

otto September 15th 04 08:50 PM

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote in message news:
I saw this in the first stage of Bob Beal 35+ a few years ago.

JT

watching bike racing at 3+ years? wow JT i knew you were a die-hard,
but i diodn't realize that you were that much of an afficianado.

Richard Adams September 16th 04 02:43 AM

gym gravity wrote:

Jay Hill wrote:

Richard Adams wrote:

Now that's a solo effort! Way to go Dave!

I keep on thinking of Trautman(?) during the Tour de France badgering
Bob Roll to explain to him why riders took flyers off the front if
they didn't have a chance of making it...

Maybe someone should email Troutmeister a link to the cyclingnews live
coverage from the day?

Speaking of which... Isn't it grand how OLN hasn't carried the Vuelta
while for 11 stages USPS has carried the leaders jersey and won a couple
stages, while Tyler Hamilton took the first ITT? They must be patting
themselves on the back.