CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Warm Showers List for touring cyclists (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=128247)

Peter McCallum March 27th 06 01:47 AM

Warm Showers List for touring cyclists

In case there is anyone who hasn't heard about the Warm Showers List I
thought I'd just post the URL. It's a great idea to register if you have
a bit of floor space or a spare bed that you could offer to touring
cyclists from time to time. You meet some wonderful people through the
list.

http://www.warmshowers.org

Peter

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Kingsley March 27th 06 10:58 AM

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:47:15 +1000, Peter McCallum wrote:

In case there is anyone who hasn't heard about the Warm Showers List I
thought I'd just post the URL. It's a great idea to register if you have
a bit of floor space or a spare bed that you could offer to touring
cyclists from time to time. You meet some wonderful people through the
list.

http://www.warmshowers.org

We've been on the list for a few years, only ever had a few
people stay with us. They've all be nice and interesting people.
It's only had a web interface for the last few months or so though.

There's also the Australian "Home Hosting Network"
http://users.chariot.net.au/~gloria/...australia.html

cheers,
-kt

--
Kingsley Turner,
(mailto: )

HughMann March 27th 06 11:35 AM

Peter McCallum Wrote:
In case there is anyone who hasn't heard about the Warm Showers List I
thought I'd just post the URL. It's a great idea to register if you
have a bit of floor space or a spare bed that you could offer to
touring cyclists from time to time. You meet some wonderful people
through the list.
http://www.warmshowers.org

Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Does that mean you are currently hosting someone who is heading towards
Townsville?
Have thought about registering but we live about 12 km off the Bruce
Hwy and its an out 'n back ride. Not convenient for someone just
passing thru.
Can you PM me?, ur not registered so I cant message you.

Cheers

Hugh

--
HughMann

Peter McCallum March 27th 06 02:10 PM

HughMann wrote:

Peter McCallum Wrote:
In case there is anyone who hasn't heard about the Warm Showers List I
thought I'd just post the URL. It's a great idea to register if you
have a bit of floor space or a spare bed that you could offer to
touring cyclists from time to time. You meet some wonderful people
through the list.
http://www.warmshowers.org

Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Does that mean you are currently hosting someone who is heading towards
Townsville?
Have thought about registering but we live about 12 km off the Bruce
Hwy and its an out 'n back ride. Not convenient for someone just
passing thru.
Can you PM me?, ur not registered so I cant message you.

Cheers

Hugh

No we haven't hosted anyone for a while now. I hadn't updated my email
address. D'oh!

I reckon that heading off the track for a while is always a good idea.
Roads look different in the afternoon and the morning.

As the list grows it will probably become more useful and better used. I
think it needs lots of people outside the capitals to join to allow
people to pull in every few days.

I have a homail msn mccallup. But I'm not registered with google. Web
interfaces drive me batty.

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Peter McCallum May 11th 06 11:44 AM

HughMann wrote:

Peter McCallum Wrote:
In case there is anyone who hasn't heard about the Warm Showers List I
thought I'd just post the URL. It's a great idea to register if you
have a bit of floor space or a spare bed that you could offer to
touring cyclists from time to time. You meet some wonderful people
through the list.
http://www.warmshowers.org

Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Does that mean you are currently hosting someone who is heading towards
Townsville?
Have thought about registering but we live about 12 km off the Bruce
Hwy and its an out 'n back ride. Not convenient for someone just
passing thru.
Can you PM me?, ur not registered so I cant message you.

Cheers

Hugh

Hugh
Anthony Mann, the guy who's cycling around Australia will be here in
Mackay on Monday. His journey was mentioned in a.b last month. He's
heading your way then north further north.

Considering that he's riding out and back to Cape York on his journey,
I'm sure a 12km journey off the highway won't be a problem. His contact
details are found at http://www.ozbybike.com.

Peter

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Peter McCallum May 11th 06 12:41 PM

HughMann wrote:

Peter McCallum Wrote:

Hugh
Anthony Mann, the guy who's cycling around Australia will be here in
Mackay on Monday. His journey was mentioned in a.b last month. He's
heading your way then north further north.

Considering that he's riding out and back to Cape York on his journey,
I'm sure a 12km journey off the highway won't be a problem. His
contact
details are found at http://www.ozbybike.com.

Peter

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Hi Peter

have replied.
Asked him to stay in touch but nothing heard yet.
Thought I might hear from you when he was close.
Seems to be an interesting bloke. Looking forward to meeting up.
Havent got an email ad for you and cant PM.

Suppose we should expect him here about Friday then.

Cheers

Doesn't my email addy appear in your newsreader? p 5 m 8 at y a h o o
dot c o m dot a u

Peter

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Donga May 11th 06 01:11 PM

Warm Showers List for touring cyclists

Hey, Anthony's a cool guy. I contacted him after missing him in
Brissie. He might have got to Allan Scott's funeral in Bundaberg. Wish
him best from Donga - and world peace (AFS thing).

Donga