CycleBanter.com

-   Social Issues (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Yeah, rah -- common sense! (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=237183)

Frank Krygowski[_3_] June 25th 12 04:33 PM

Yeah, rah -- common sense!

Joy Beeson wrote:
http://warsaw.in.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=376

A brochure explaining how to use these here new-fangled roundabouts.

I couldn't tilt my monitor and it is kinder hard to read sideways, so
I don't guarantee 100% common sense.

The roundabout actually built does not resemble the clip-art
roundabout in the brochure, but is easy to negotiate on a bicycle.

Coincidentally, the article I wrote two months ago for our bike club
newsletter was on how to handle roundabouts.

In my experience, they work extremely well for cyclists who understand
how to get away from the edge and control the lane, as that brochure
states. I think, though, that the brochure should have included a
warning NOT to hug the curb. That's "right hook" territory.

Driving and bicycling in France, the roundabouts were wonderful.
Clearly superior to American traffic lights and stop signs!

--
- Frank Krygowski