CycleBanter.com

-   Mountain Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   American classic hubs. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=5067)

Jansen A. Danganan November 18th 03 03:45 AM

American classic hubs.

Hi to all,

what do you think of these very light MTB hubs?
any comments and weaknesses you ever encountered?

regards

Jon Bond November 18th 03 03:58 AM

American classic hubs.

"Jansen A. Danganan" wrote in message
Hi to all,

what do you think of these very light MTB hubs?
any comments and weaknesses you ever encountered?

regards

A few people have had problems with part of the axle breaking.

However, why get the AC ones when you can get the essentially identical (and
nicer looking) WTB Laserdisc lites for much less $$$? I've abused mine -
racing (XC, DS but I only jumped the tables, not the doubles, and a bit of
easy DH), small drops (up to 3' to flat), and general all around bashing,
and they've been great.

BTW, yes they're disc hubs, but I don't see why you'd buy a set of wheels
without disc hubs unless you're a total weight weenie. Makes much more
sense for upgradability! Throw a normal rim on there and you can use it for
whatever brakes you want.

Jon Bond