CycleBanter.com

-   Marketplace (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cost and How to ship a bicycle (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=224389)

Postman Delivers January 9th 11 07:30 PM

Cost and How to ship a bicycle

What method or methods do you use to ship a Bicycle?

I need to deliver a bicycle to Portland, Oregon.

JR

Tom Kunich January 10th 11 12:20 AM

Cost and How to ship a bicycle

"Postman Delivers" wrote in message
b.com...
What method or methods do you use to ship a Bicycle?

I need to deliver a bicycle to Portland, Oregon.

Get a box from your local bike shop and send it via UPS.

Postman Delivers January 11th 11 10:52 PM

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 16:20:38 -0800, Tom Kunich wrote:

"Postman Delivers" wrote in message
b.com...
What method or methods do you use to ship a Bicycle?

I need to deliver a bicycle to Portland, Oregon.

Get a box from your local bike shop and send it via UPS.

* * *
Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion, was looking at the cost of a hard case...

JR the postman

OldRoads January 14th 11 01:19 PM

Cost and How to ship a bicycle

Step-by-step instructions on how to pack and ship a bicycle:

http://oldroads.com/how_to_pack_ship.asp

---
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
- THREE PRICE GUIDES
- Picture Databases
- 15 years of on-line archives
- and other old bicycle resources at:
http://OldRoads.com

cyclingthings January 17th 11 01:04 PM

Cost and How to ship a bicycle

On Jan 9, 2:30*pm, Postman Delivers
wrote:
What method or methods do you use to ship a Bicycle? *

I need to deliver a bicycle to Portland, Oregon.

JR

i think the best way is to take it to your local ups store and have
them pack it and send it. the box cost $40 aprox, packing $20 and the
shipping depending on where you are is $80. but the good news is that
they really respond is something goes wrong. i had used usps before
and i had insured a couple of bikes which got dagamed. after 2 years i
still have not see a dime or any answer from them. just recently i had
sent one bike to australia insured it for $600 and sure enough i saw
their check about 1 month later
carlos
www.bikingthings.com