CycleBanter.com

-   -   WHY are cyclists riding at night ? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=245491)

[email protected] October 4th 14 05:17 PM

WHY are cyclists riding at night ?

an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

Sir Ridesalot October 4th 14 05:43 PM

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:17:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

A lot of people commute and it's often dark early in the early morning or evening in winter.

A lot of people ride after work and it gets dark before they get home.

A lot of people like to ride roads or trails at night to enjoy the sounds of silence.

Some people work late shifts and it's dark when tthey get off work or go to work.

Some people do their grocery shopping at night at 24 hours stores so they miss the crowds.

Some people tour and like to have a dependable light for those times when darkness falls before they get to their stopping point or planned camp site.

Many reasons why people ride during the dark hours.

Frank Krygowski[_2_] October 4th 14 08:59 PM

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:43:54 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:17:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:

an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

A lot of people commute and it's often dark early in the early morning or evening in winter.

A lot of people ride after work and it gets dark before they get home.

A lot of people like to ride roads or trails at night to enjoy the sounds of silence.

Some people work late shifts and it's dark when tthey get off work or go to work.

Some people do their grocery shopping at night at 24 hours stores so they miss the crowds.

Some people tour and like to have a dependable light for those times when darkness falls before they get to their stopping point or planned camp site.

Many reasons why people ride during the dark hours.

Heck, why would someone ride only in daytime?

- Frank Krygowski

[email protected] October 5th 14 12:02 AM

WHY are cyclists riding at night ?

DUH......

yeah caws the sun went down.

no, why is the dynamo crew riding at night..

1. JB Portland commutes

2. Frank is a Vampire

3. Andrew Muzi owns an LBS

4. Holtman owns one of everything

5. ...........

Frank Krygowski[_4_] October 5th 14 12:56 AM

On 10/4/2014 7:02 PM, wrote:
DUH......

yeah caws the sun went down.

no, why is the dynamo crew riding at night..

1. JB Portland commutes

2. Frank is a Vampire

3. Andrew Muzi owns an LBS

4. Holtman owns one of everything

"Why ride at night?" indicates that the questioner uses his bike only as
a toy.

If that's your choice, fine. But don't demean people who also use their
bikes for more practical things.

--
- Frank Krygowski

[email protected] October 5th 14 02:45 AM

WHY are cyclists riding at night ?

http://goo.gl/9zxNds

Martin Riddle October 5th 14 04:10 AM

On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:17:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

It's a blast?
Which brings up the question...
Is there cycling computer/speedo that has back light?

Cheers

[email protected] October 5th 14 04:18 AM

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 11:10:13 PM UTC-4, Martin Riddle wrote:
On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:17:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

It's a blast?

Which brings up the question...

Is there cycling computer/speedo that has back light?

Cheers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

where's Riddle riding ? a what times ? how far?

Tim McNamara October 5th 14 04:32 AM

WHY are cyclists riding at night ?

I ride at night because it's fun. I ride during the day because it's
fun. I ride my bike to get from point A to point B, such as from home
to work, because it's way more fun than driving my car. I just ride my
bike because it's fun- all the other benefits are icing on the cake.

Clive George October 5th 14 04:46 AM

On 05/10/2014 04:10, Martin Riddle wrote:
On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 09:17:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

an evident obsession with dynamo generated electricity begs the question....

It's a blast?
Which brings up the question...
Is there cycling computer/speedo that has back light?

I had a quick google for that a couple of weeks ago - IIRC some sigmas
and some others.

The GPS ones probably do too as a result of having fancy screens.