CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=111898)

aeek February 17th 05 11:16 AM

Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

oely Wrote:

I dont think winning the polka dot means that much, I think (haven
look up the stats) but Armstrong could of won the jersey before i
Virenque did not do his insane all day breakaways. (not meaning t
turn this into a debate)

So they weren't insane then

--
aeek

Oscar February 17th 05 11:22 AM

Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

hippy wrote:
jazmo wrote:

This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe this
year and see some stages of the tour.

You gonna go? I just booked tix for London flight in April.
Assuming I have money left in July (it is July right?) I'll probably
head over there! Oooh.. exciting stuff!!! :)

Would you go as an organised tour or solo?

Any particular stages?

hippy

I've lent a bike for a few weeks to a swedish girl (holidaying in
Bunbury)who normally works as a journalist covering the big rides. She
said if I'm ever in France she can arrange a day pass to the Tour. Maybe
I should go? What's a day pass anyway?

oely February 17th 05 05:25 PM

Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year.

aeek Wrote:
So they weren't insane then.

Well all day breakaways on flat or mountain stages at the tour would b
insane any day of the week. Whether you win a jersey or not

--
oely

jazmo February 17th 05 10:10 PM

hippy Wrote:
jazmo wrote:
This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe this
year and see some stages of the tour.

You gonna go? I just booked tix for London flight in April.
Assuming I have money left in July (it is July right?) I'll probably
head over there! Oooh.. exciting stuff!!! :)

Would you go as an organised tour or solo?

Any particular stages?

hippy

I'm thinking organised tour with some riding. Don't know whether to d
the Alps or Pyrenees though I think Alps would be better as that's whe
we'll know if Lance is still the dominant figure in the race. Could b
exciting. On the other hand, if it's a cliff hanger - the Pyrenee
would be better. Oh well, it's all good

--
jazmo

craigster_jd February 17th 05 10:27 PM

hippy Wrote:
jazmo wrote:
This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe this
year and see some stages of the tour.

You gonna go? I just booked tix for London flight in April.
Assuming I have money left in July (it is July right?) I'll probably
head over there! Oooh.. exciting stuff!!! :)

They've heard you're coming:

'London prepares for Hippy's arrival' (http://tinyurl.com/3hpsk)

Woo hoo! Only 1 mile (that's 1.6k for the Aussies) from my flat.
Available now, rent negotiable... :D

Cheers,
Craigster

--
craigster_jd

Jack Russell February 18th 05 04:20 AM

jazmo wrote:
hippy Wrote:

jazmo wrote:

This actually gives me more incentive to make a trip to Europe this
year and see some stages of the tour.

You gonna go? I just booked tix for London flight in April.
Assuming I have money left in July (it is July right?) I'll probably
head over there! Oooh.. exciting stuff!!! :)

Would you go as an organised tour or solo?

Any particular stages?

hippy

I'm thinking organised tour with some riding. Don't know whether to do
the Alps or Pyrenees though I think Alps would be better as that's when
we'll know if Lance is still the dominant figure in the race. Could be
exciting. On the other hand, if it's a cliff hanger - the Pyrenees
would be better. Oh well, it's all good.

Check out

http://www.bikeadventures.co.uk/
I did his Channel to Med but know someone who did his Raid Pyreneen. He
is an ex pro and was mightily impressed.

--
Remove norubbish to reply direct

Jack Russell

cfsmtb February 18th 05 04:41 AM

craigster_jd Wrote:
They've heard you're coming:

'London prepares for Hippy's arrival' (http://tinyurl.com/3hpsk)

'Derby' (http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=5164) ha
also heard of Hippys impending arrival too

--
cfsmtb

hippy February 20th 05 10:32 PM

craigster_jd wrote:
They've heard you're coming:
'London prepares for Hippy's arrival' (http://tinyurl.com/3hpsk)
Woo hoo! Only 1 mile (that's 1.6k for the Aussies) from my flat.
Available now, rent negotiable... :D

I saw this article and laughed, thinking the same thing! :)
I hope it's built well before 2012..

Oh.. how about we start negs at $10AUD/mth? :P

hippy