CycleBanter.com

-   Rides (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Stationary miles? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=197818)

[email protected][_2_] December 7th 08 02:10 PM

Stationary miles?

Hello ya'll,

I'm just posting to let you know that I've officially cycled
a century.

Unfortunately, it wasn't done a real Bike. It was done on the Schwinn
231 recumbent exercise bike in my spare bedroom. It'd be cool to do
this with a real velocipede, so when I bike 100 miles I actually end
up somewhere beside my spare room. At least I have a TV with a
zillion channels to watch!

What's the furthest you guys have ridden on a stationary bike?

How did you keep your mind occupied?

Regards,
Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI

Cadseen December 7th 08 08:55 PM

Stationary miles?

I use a imagic set-up, great to entertain yourself with real life videos or
competitions etc.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin....ic_fortius.htm

http://virtualcycling/googlepages.com

Alex Colvin December 7th 08 10:34 PM

Stationary miles?

I'm just posting to let you know that I've officially cycled
a century.

I'm impressed, I've barely managed an hour.

Unfortunately, it wasn't done a real Bike. It was done on the Schwinn
231 recumbent exercise bike in my spare bedroom. It'd be cool to do
this with a real velocipede, so when I bike 100 miles I actually end
up somewhere beside my spare room. At least I have a TV with a
zillion channels to watch!

Funny. I almost always end up back at the house, even on my velocipede.

How did you keep your mind occupied?

Sex. Drugs. Rock & Roll. Or did you mean on the bike?

--
mac the naïf

[email protected][_2_] December 8th 08 05:00 PM

Stationary miles?

On Dec 7, 4:34*pm, Alex Colvin wrote:

Sex. Drugs. Rock & Roll. *Or did you mean on the bike?

What? You can't do those on a bike? Lightweight!!!

Cullen

[email protected] December 9th 08 09:01 PM

Stationary miles?

On Dec 8, 11:00*am, " wrote:
On Dec 7, 4:34*pm, Alex Colvin wrote:

Sex. Drugs. Rock & Roll. *Or did you mean on the bike?

What? You can't do those on a bike? Lightweight!!!

Cullen

http://gothamist.com/2008/09/26/stereo_bikes.php 500 pound bicycles
with stereos.

http://queenscrap.blogspot.com/2008/...ds-again..html