Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rdclark[_2_]
Forum: General October 5th 07, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Gear questions

On Oct 5, 1:31 pm, wrote:
This is the factory gears on my road bike.
front 50/36 compact, rear 12-25 9-speed cassette.
I want to tour the Canadian Rocky next summer and I...
Forum: General September 29th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
new guy sharing the office

On Sep 29, 2:46 pm, "Claire Petersky"
wrote:

He has a bike gathering dust now that I might check out. Obviously, it's not
the one in RAMROD that was totalled. It's a...
Forum: General September 26th 07, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Compact Frame sizing

On Sep 25, 1:13 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

A fork that can't rust on my commuter? On my *all weather* commuter?

Every bike I've ever had has been in more than one crash....
Forum: General September 24th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Compact Frame sizing

On Sep 24, 12:08 am, Sparky wrote:
In article

wrote:
Sparky wrote:
It's not...
Forum: General September 24th 07, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 36
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Compact Frame sizing

On Sep 23, 6:40 pm, SMS wrote:

Run like hell away from any compact frame road bicycle.

If I had followed this advice six years ago, I would have failed to
buy the...
Forum: General September 19th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 38
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Walmart bike good enough?

On Sep 17, 8:31 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:

I figure the real benefits of expensive bikes
are ... they're pretty. And that's okay. It
can be nice to possess something of...
Forum: General September 14th 07, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Sidewalk bicycling?

On Sep 14, 10:44 am, wrote:
I don't understand why all cycling websites blast sidewalk cycling as
the 'most unsafe' way to cycle? I have started to commute 12 miles to
Forum: General September 5th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 38
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Walmart bike good enough?

On Sep 4, 3:50 pm, wrote:
I have recently got into biking and have started commuting to work 12
miles each way a twice a week. My bike is some heavy walmart'ish
bike,...
Forum: General August 19th 07, 04:46 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 680
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Helmets: was Raged motorist strikes two cyclists

On Aug 19, 3:38 am, "Curt" wrote:
"Rich Clark" wrote in message

Forum: General August 9th 07, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
New bike fever - want something fast, Tiagra or 105, with rear rack mount

On Aug 8, 10:34 pm, wrote:

I won't be carrying more than 50 - 75 lbs of cargo. Also, I probably
will never use a front rack, and will probably never do a loaded tour.

Forum: Techniques July 22nd 07, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 228
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Braking the Fixie

On Jul 21, 6:27 pm, Zoot Katz wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 21:36:39 -0000, landotter
wrote:

Well he must have seen them coming if they were...
Forum: General July 22nd 07, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 242

wrote:

Well he must have seen them coming if they were...
Forum: General July 8th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Comfy performance bikes

On Jul 7, 9:48 pm, "Zen Cohen" wrote:
I like to ride fast but now that I'm in my 40's my body doesn't withstand
the road shocks as well. Are bikes like Specialized Roubaix,...
Forum: General July 2nd 07, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 51
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Kid killed by dooring

On Jul 2, 12:41 pm, Paul Turner wrote:
On Jun 29, 9:17 am, Paul Myron Hobson wrote:

Wasn't a young woman killed in a *very* similar matter about a...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 2nd 07, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 3
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Ergonomics and cruiser bikes

On Jul 1, 11:04 pm, Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman
wrote:

Balance, who needs steenkin [1] balance?

See: [snip trike links]

Or I could just keep riding my conventional...
Forum: General June 25th 07, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Judging cyclist's competency by their outfit

On Jun 24, 6:46 am, Doc O'Leary
wrote:
In article ,
"Rich Clark" wrote:

Of...
Forum: General June 4th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Looking for a Bike - Any State Side Under $500?

On Jun 4, 10:11 am, SMS wrote:
tmac-100 wrote:
Getting a used bike is a worthwhile way to go. There are lots for sale
- often sold by folks who started bicycling...
Forum: General June 4th 07, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
Looking for a Bike - Any State Side Under $500?

On May 20, 6:42 am, wrote:
Looking for a bike and thought I'd ask. Been away from
bikeing some 10 years or so. In the past I've used a Gitane ?
and French built Follie ?....
Forum: General May 17th 07, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By rdclark[_2_]
No applause please, just throw money!

On May 17, 12:32 pm, SMS wrote:
Today on Bike to Work Day, I rode my usual commute bike, but for some
reason it generated a lot more interest than usual. At the HP...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19