Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Meilstrup
Forum: Techniques April 25th 11, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
front brake mantra should be taken with salt

I'm pretty sure that all the times I have slammed on the front for all it's worth in a near-nose-wheelie have been in urban commuting when an oblivious car pulls out in front of me.

Racing and...
Forum: Techniques December 16th 10, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Please Advise: 6'6"-6'7", 37" inseam, 190lbs, searching forhybrid commuter for around $500.

On Dec 13, 6:38*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per david van dyk:

Howdy folks. *The title says it all. *I want to commute a couple/few
miles daily and run errands and such....
Forum: Techniques September 20th 10, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Toe hits front wheel

On Sep 20, 9:54*am, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:16:24 +0100, "BigP"

wrote:
I don't understand how the...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 10, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
tracking down creaks

On Sep 1, 7:28*am, "Duane Hebert" wrote:
I have a 2009 Specialized Tarmac Elite Double that I bought this year. *It has about 2300km on it.

After the first couple hundred km,...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 10, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Anyone use 2010+ Ergo on Dirtdrop style bars?

On Jul 24, 6:12*pm, landotter wrote:
Actually Salsa Woodchippers. 42 top, 59 in the flares. I'm doing a
Shimergo 8spd conversion and will probably fire off on the parts
Forum: Techniques July 20th 10, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
spokey dokes

I knew it! those colorful things I had on my first BMX DID mike me
faster!

http://www.activespoke.com/Concept2.html

lolz.

Peter
Forum: Techniques June 24th 10, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
What seat post?/setback or no setback

On Jun 23, 6:52*pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:
"AMuzi" wrote in message

I built a bike once with a...
Forum: Techniques June 7th 10, 08:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Spoke broken at interleave

On Jun 6, 8:43*pm, "Mark J." wrote:
Peter Meilstrup wrote:
I thought I would post this report since from what I understand a
spoke breaking at the interleave is at...
Forum: Techniques June 7th 10, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Spoke broken at interleave

I thought I would post this report since from what I understand a
spoke breaking at the interleave is at least somewhat unusual.

I have a rear wheel with a Nexus 8-speed gearhub, with straight...
Forum: Techniques May 16th 10, 10:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 151
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Threadless handlebar stem - can it be acceptable in the eyes ofthe old?

On May 15, 10:25*pm, Chalo wrote:
When I was putting in regular ~300 mile weeks, that was when I did the
bulk of my experimenting with different kinds of drop bars. *I
Forum: Techniques May 16th 10, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 151
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Threadless handlebar stem - can it be acceptable in the eyes ofthe old?

On May 15, 2:13*pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
On 15 mei, 21:55, Peter *Meilstrup wrote:

On May 15, 12:12*pm, Chalo ...
Forum: Techniques May 15th 10, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 151
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Threadless handlebar stem - can it be acceptable in the eyes ofthe old?

On May 15, 12:12*pm, Chalo wrote:
AMuzi wrote:

Without regard to one design over another, stems abound in
all formats, sizes, materials, quality and price. Never...
Forum: Techniques April 30th 10, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Colored tires - has traction improved?

On Apr 28, 4:19*am, "Peter S." wrote:
On 27 Apr., 21:01, bfd wrote:

Although there isn't a Bicycle FAQ on it, (http://www.sheldonbrown.com/
Forum: Techniques April 28th 10, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Colored tires - has traction improved?

On Apr 27, 5:22*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
On 4/27/2010 2:01 PM, bfd wrote:

Although there isn't a Bicycle FAQ on it, (http://www.sheldonbrown.com/
Forum: Techniques April 19th 10, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
bottom brackets: product question

On Apr 18, 10:04*pm, Peter Meilstrup
wrote:
On Apr 18, 2:45*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:

Noriekpop07kfk wrote:
So these bottom...
Forum: Techniques April 19th 10, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
bottom brackets: product question

On Apr 18, 2:45*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:
Noriekpop07kfk wrote:
So these bottom brackets with bearing which mount outside the
shell are old news now but having...
Forum: Techniques March 11th 10, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 80
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
6'6" beginner rider wonders: 62cm or 64cm Trek frame?

On Mar 10, 12:32*pm, SMS wrote:
Kyle Bramblesglarb wrote:
I'm a tall beginner rider preparing to buy my 1st road bike. *I've
begun training for a century ride on...
Forum: Techniques February 11th 10, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
6'7 guy needs help looking for a road bike for a 585 Mile 6DayCharity Bike Ride

On Feb 10, 9:17*pm, Chalo wrote:
I'm with you. *But until threadless stems are made with lots of rise,
quills are the thing for many extra-tall riders. *Threadless...
Forum: Techniques February 11th 10, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
6'7 guy needs help looking for a road bike for a 585 Mile 6DayCharity Bike Ride

On Feb 10, 4:29*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"Chalo" wrote in message

Forum: Techniques May 4th 09, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
Dynamo lighting, better than Lowe's Task Force

I had the infamous Lowe's Task Force light for a while. Good amount of
light, too-narrow beam pattern, and too sensitive to vibration (you
have to put in extra springs, and/or solder the batteries...
Forum: Techniques September 29th 08, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Meilstrup
right front...shifting

Has anyone ever tried to swap pieces between a pair of integrated
brake-shift levers so that the right shifts the front derailleur and
vice versa?

-pm
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21