Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.63 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MondayHopscotch
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By MondayHopscotch
Which one to buy

I learned on a Sun 20". I bought a Torker LX 24" the week after i
started learning everything and it has been an excellent uni for me to
learn on. I recommend the LX for sure. 20" was pretty nice to...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By MondayHopscotch
Trustworthy Store?

the site is actually bicyclesource.us

i accidentally abreviated it.

--
MondayHopscotch
MondayHopscotch's Profile:...

Ok, I suppose I can give them a try then. Thanks.

--
MondayHopscotch
MondayHopscotch's Profile:...

I was looking to buy a unicycle through bikesource.us

I've never heard about them before I found them on google. Has anybody
bought anything through them before? Are they a reputable business to
buy...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By MondayHopscotch
Uni video made in France -- "The Silk Hill"

Excellent video! A lot of fun to watch.

...I wish i could glide.

--
MondayHopscotch
MondayHopscotch's Profile:...

Today I did my first muni riding (in the snow) and did much better than
I expected to!

--
MondayHopscotch
MondayHopscotch's...

Hahaha, today it was -5° F.

Needless to say -- I didn't ride.

--
MondayHopscotch
MondayHopscotch's Profile:...

Should I get a Torker DX if i can get it for right around 100 USD?

--
MondayHopscotch
MondayHopscotch's Profile:...
Replies: 47
Posted By MondayHopscotch
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

nimblelight;1149849 wrote:
Get thicker socks, and go inside when they get numb, just to be safe. I
know a few people who have lost toes skiing.

I don't wait till they get numb, that'd be...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By MondayHopscotch
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

The one part of me that gets (and stays) cold when riding in lower
temperatures is my feet. What do you all wear as far as shoes go when
riding in cold weather?

I wear skate shoes, which are...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By MondayHopscotch
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

The one part of me that gets (and stays) cold when riding in lower
temperatures is my feet. What do you all wear as far as shoes go when
riding in cold weather?

I wear skate shoes, which are...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By MondayHopscotch
Nimbus Gel or Kris holm fusion?

hungry4uni;1149592 wrote:
So you guys DO think it was a good decision. I thought it was because my
nimbus won't last forever, so why not buy the fusion street while it's
on sale.

If you...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By MondayHopscotch
Looking for a new tire.

The tire on my Torker LX is wearing pretty low. I'm looking to get a new
one in the near future. It came stock with a 24 x 1.95 Kenda tire.

I'm most likely going to be doing mainly freestyle. Any...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By MondayHopscotch
24" Torker LX

Cool! Well I'm pretty sure she is buying it tonight. She found one site
that had it for 129 with free shipping. So everything is good :)

Thanks again for the help.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By MondayHopscotch
24" Torker LX

I'm actually working with my friends mom to get it for him as a
christmas present.

She found 2 sites with free shipping, but both had it for 150.
I got mine from magicgeek.com for 118 shipped, but...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By MondayHopscotch
24" Torker LX

Cool! 115 isn't bad at all. I can't get it to add to my cart, so I have
no idea how much shipping would be. (to U.S. zip code 80465)

Thanks anyhow :D I'll keep trying to see if i can get it to...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By MondayHopscotch
24" Torker LX

I bought one in October, it's treated me very well so far.

My friend is learning now and wants one of his own. From what I've seen
the LX is a very good beginner uni. Do you all agree with...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By MondayHopscotch
How did you progress with time?

ride
freemount
ride down curbs
ride up curbs
hop up/down curbs
jump 180's
ride backwards
idle
ride one footed (only with right foot, even though my dominant is my
left)
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 80
Posted By MondayHopscotch
What trick would you like to see in SLOW MOTION?

I would actually like to see slow mo of somebody riding down some
stairs. I want to see how much movement the uni does compared to the
rider.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By MondayHopscotch
Crank Arm

saskatchewanian;1132094 wrote:
hopping can loosen the cranks, especially when you have a square taper
setup.

If you put some locktite on the bolt and tighten it up again it might
be OK...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By MondayHopscotch
Crank Arm

I've only had my Torker LX (my first uni) for 2 or 3 weeks. My crank arm
loosened up and fell off today. The only thing I can think of that would
have caused this is that I was hopping around...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21