Showing results 1 to 25 of 82
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MT High
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By MT High
[AUS] UDC 12 Days of Christmas

I think there were two sixth day of christmas's - the tool
http://www.unicycle.au.com/View.php?action=Page&Name=Tools
and the 29er:
http://www.unicycle.au.com/View.php?action=Page&Name=Road

--
MT...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Day 8:
http://tinyurl.com/2mv93d

--
MT High
MT High's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15078

Not my latest ride (I rode to work today) but here is a shot from the
Great Vic Ride, in the Grampians:

[image: http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/gesticulate/IMG_5089.jpg]

--
MT...
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

If you live in Victoria, Australia and are planning a group ride post it
up!

To start things off I am planning a ride in the Castlemaine area on
Saturday 20/12/08 starting at 10:30am from...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By MT High
Great Victorian Bike Ride

goldenchickenIV;1145680 wrote:
That man who started to bike at 79 and now still rides at 85 certainly
deserves attention from the media.

There was an amputee (leg) who rode and at least one...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By MT High
Great Victorian Bike Ride

It was awesome ride. It went for 9 days with 8 days of riding and a
rest day in Halls Gap, in the Grampians. The ride started in Ballarat
and headed west out to the Grampians and then turned around...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By MT High
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...)

I also made the local paper in Warrnambool (Warrnambool Standard):
http://tinyurl.com/63uvuj

The photo of me made the front cover.

--
MT...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

http://tinyurl.com/5ecmw2

Unicyclists on the GVBR.

--
MT High
MT High's Profile:...

Good to see unicycling making the local press. How did you go in the
event?

--
MT High
MT High's Profile:...
Posted By MT High
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...)

An article about me doing the Great Victorian Bike Ride:
http://tinyurl.com/5fxtoz

--
MT High
MT High's Profile:...

MuniSano;1136979 wrote:
I know giraffe riders have done this, but I'm thinking about swapping
out the stock cog that was installed on my wheel with something with far
fewer teeth. I have a...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By MT High
Giraffe Discussion Thread

Thanks for your reply John. I had thought of using the idler wheel or
two (one on each side of the chain, front and rear). I did not think of
using two separate chains but will look at that idea. ...
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 08, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By MT High
clearances on 36" frames

Nimbus Nightrider with Nightrider ty about 7 mm at the sides and 18
mm to the top (slightly worn tyre with 2000+ kms on it).

--
MT...
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 08, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

One bicyclist in a group of three said "Keep fighting the good fight" as
I rode past them.

--
MT High
MT High's Profile:...

Nice pic Pete. Can't wait for next year. Hopefully we might be able to
do some of the longer ride options, although I don't think I could make
it the whole way around the bay.

--
MT...
Forum: Unicycling October 13th 08, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

About 8 foot, or just under. It would be 8' if I put the saddle up to
the correct height. I am a lot taller now than I was back in the late
80's.

--
MT...
Forum: Unicycling October 13th 08, 09:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Posted By MT High
Pictures of your latest ride

The tower was built so I could climb up to the saddle of my 60'
giraffe:)

--
MT High
MT High's Profile:...
Replies: 235
Posted By MT High
Pictures of your latest ride

Same ride, in Queenscliff

[image: http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/gesticulate/IMG_0644.jpg]

--
MT High
MT High's...
Replies: 235
Posted By MT High
Pictures of your latest ride

Bellarine Rail Trail

[image: http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/gesticulate/IMG_0639.jpg]

--
MT High
MT High's Profile:...

That style of seat was pretty common in the 1980's, which was when I
bought it. I have no idea what brand it is.

--
MT...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 08, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I posted this before but it now has a new paintjob, new cranks, blue
chain and blue ty

[image: http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/gesticulate/IMG_0618.jpg]

--
MT...
Forum: Unicycling October 5th 08, 11:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I went for a ride, the weather was too beautiful to ignore. Just a
quick spin on the 36 along the bay, around the harbour, through some
parks and then back home on the rail trail. Spring...
Forum: Unicycling October 4th 08, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By MT High
Around the Bay in a Day 2008

I'll be at the start before 8am but if you need more time to get the
train in I would be happy to wait for you.

Don't know how many uni's yet, should be four to six if the usual
suspects turn...
Forum: Unicycling October 3rd 08, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By MT High
Around the Bay in a Day 2008

*bump*

Entries close next Friday 10/10/2008.

Over 15000 entries so far, should be massive!

--
MT High
Forum: Unicycling October 3rd 08, 10:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

There was a thread on this befo
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70758

New spokes (the whole wheel) and bindings on the cross-over points have
fixed it for me.

--
MT...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 82