Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 3.58 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Val88
Forum: Unicycling April 9th 08, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Val88
But pics!

Will do.

--
Val88
Val88's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16308

Aha! I know what you look like now. Next time I see you at Algonquin,
congrats are on the way for becoming sponsored. I pass the Elephant and
Castle everyday, how'd I miss this?

Awesome tricks too,...
Forum: Unicycling March 29th 08, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Val88
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Uniing around my street again the other day a couple of kids are out
playing street hockey. The biggest of the group shouts to me, "I can
ride that thing and play hockey at the same time!" Thinking...
Forum: Unicycling March 19th 08, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Val88
Ottawa Unicycle Invasion 2008 (OUI'08)

Quick question, if I do go do I need to enter any events? I'd love to
just have fun over there, I'm not necessarily good enough to compete in
anything.

I'm going to assume the answer is no.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 18th 08, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Val88
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Riding outside today (the snow is FINALLY starting to clear off the
streets) some family in a minivan rode by. They were just turning
around though, so when they drove past me again the kids in...
Forum: Unicycling March 16th 08, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Val88
I just did my first freemount

Well done! You're free now. Enjoy it :D

--
Val88
Val88's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16308
View this thread:...
Forum: Unicycling March 16th 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 63
Posted By Val88
save your crotch

Both brilliant and obscene :D. If it works, it works though, so good on
you :p

--
Val88
Val88's Profile:...
Replies: 19
Posted By Val88
Ottawa Unicycle Invasion 2008 (OUI'08)

carl.roth wrote:
Heh, if you can get to Ottawa then you can get a ride to Constance Bay.
Just let me know and I will see if I can organize one for you.

Carl

That'd be great, thanks! I...
Forum: Unicycling March 15th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Val88
Ottawa Unicycle Invasion 2008 (OUI'08)

Dang, I thought it was going to be in Carlsbad Springs. Constance bay is
way too far out for me :(

Guess I'll see you guys next year.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 8th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Val88
KH Fusion Freeride problem

Excellent, thanks. I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't
overtighten certain KH seats due to them stripping. Is this true for
this seat as well?

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 8th 08, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Val88
KH Fusion Freeride problem

Hey all,

I bought a KH freeride seat a while ago on recommendation from you
guys, and I've been having some problems. One of the four nuts
attaching it to the seat post are constantly coming loose....
Forum: Unicycling March 7th 08, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 117
Posted By Val88
Today I... (brag thread)

hey, wait... It doesn't matter which. -40 is -40 for both.

--
Val88
Val88's Profile:...

-40șC isn't that hard to hit over here.

You should all come witness the mondo storm we're about to be hit with.
40 to 50cm of snow... Just to add to the 7'+ of snowbanks we have :D

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 6th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By Val88
Today I... (brag thread)

Wow, how'd you manage that. Must have been a killer fall :p

--
Val88
Val88's Profile:...
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Val88
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

The snowbanks are still there, but the streets are clear! :D I don't
know either, all I know is that it was a godsend. Riding inside is
nowhere near as fun.

As for a quote, on the walk to the bus...
Forum: Unicycling March 4th 08, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Val88
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

If it makes you feel any better we're getting more freezing
rain/snow/(expletive deleted) later this week. Something like 5 days of
snow and sleet and freezing rain.

Want to move to Bermuda?

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 4th 08, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Val88
first real ride on my kh/schlumpf 24"

We have snow in excess over here. Want some? Most of us are fed up of
it.

--
Val88
Val88's Profile:...
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Val88
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

General practice outside again (It's actually warm out! No ice on my
street either!) and I got five different reactions. Listing them from
most common to strangest:

1. Two "teenaged" adults (that...
Forum: Unicycling February 25th 08, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Val88
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Took my 20" out for a ride today (yay for reading week, off school for
the rest of the week) and decided that I'd make a go around my street.
After the go around I figured I could go farther, so I...
Forum: Unicycling February 16th 08, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Val88
Feeler: Ontario Unitourists Club

I don't even have a 36er and I'm interested. If this ever comes
together, count me in :D

--
Val88
Val88's Profile:...
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Val88
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

When I got home from a most hectic day, I figured the best thing to do
to calm down before the missus showed up was to ride around my street.
Just general practice (I idled three times! :D). As I was...
Forum: Unicycling February 13th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Val88
What gear is truly important to a good ride?

uni_jim wrote:
They allow you to sweat liters through your hands without you losing
your grip on the handle/saddle/whatever, and protect your hands from
the wrath of concrete.

If I'm...
Forum: Unicycling February 12th 08, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Val88
What gear is truly important to a good ride?

mscalisi wrote:
What kind of ride?

Technical MUni?
Cross Country?
Distance Coker/29er?

Anything really. So far it all seems pretty standard though. Guess I do
Forum: Unicycling February 12th 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Val88
What gear is truly important to a good ride?

Greets all,

A thought occurred today. Apart from all the usual, common sense gear
(helmet, shin pads, wrist guards, etc.), is there any specific type of
shoes that makes riding better/easier? I just...
Forum: Unicycling February 7th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Val88
Incredible Dilemma, need decision help

That's the one I asked for, it's in his reply that he recommends against
it. I suppose I could just demand it.

--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65