Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Maurice Wibblington
Forum: UK October 21st 06, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
herniated tyre/inner tube protruding

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:07:13 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

It's most likely been caused by the brake block rubbing against the tyre
sidewall. It should never happen if the...
Forum: UK October 21st 06, 10:33 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
herniated tyre/inner tube protruding

bit of newbie advice required - I've had my racer for 4 weeks and I
notice that there's a bulge on the side of the front tyre near the
wheel rim, about 7mm across, where the inner tube is bulging ...
Forum: UK October 1st 06, 11:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Stolen recumbent racer

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 18:55:27 +0100, (Carol Hague)
wrote:

Just got back from today's BHPC race at Reading, where we learned that
last night some swine broke into the car wherein...
Forum: UK September 23rd 06, 03:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
road bike / race bike / hybrid / touring / fitness bike - CHOSEN AND BOUGHT

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:06:47 +0100, Simon Brooke
wrote:

a superlight mini pump I can understand, but a CO2 inflator?

It takes a lot of work to get up to pressure with a...
Forum: UK September 22nd 06, 10:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
road bike / race bike / hybrid / touring / fitness bike - CHOSEN AND BOUGHT

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:01:45 +0100, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:

Zéfal HPX is, IMO, the best full-length pump to put on the bike. It's tough
and...
Forum: UK September 22nd 06, 07:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
road bike / race bike / hybrid / touring / fitness bike - CHOSEN AND BOUGHT

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:58:58 +0100, bugbear
wrote:

Get a track pump, if you haven't already got one, to keep the tyres nice
and hard.

Or a Zefal XP...
Forum: UK September 22nd 06, 07:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Driver attacked cyclist: Middlesbrough

On 22 Sep 2006 07:22:45 -0700, "Jon"
wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/5369046.stm

Driver chased a cyclist and knocked him off, causing injuries.

Have...
Forum: UK September 20th 06, 06:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
road bike / race bike / hybrid / touring / fitness bike - CHOSEN AND BOUGHT

Chums

Thanks for all the advice on the recent thread of almost the same
name. Being Mr Impatient I popped into town and had a chat with the
owner at Colchester Cycle Store, who gave good advice,...
Forum: UK September 20th 06, 05:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 44
road bike / race bike / hybrid / touring / fitness bike - which one

On 20 Sep 2006 03:54:52 -0700, "POHB" wrote:

Maurice Wibblington wrote:
I'm clear that what I want is to

- go faster on the country roads in north Essex (a few...
Forum: UK September 19th 06, 07:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 44
road bike / race bike / hybrid / touring / fitness bike - which one

Chums

Further to a previous post about upgrading from my initial cheap intro
to cycling with a sub £100 'mountain bike' (this a deliberate
decision), I'm popping into townat the weekend to do a bit...
Forum: UK September 15th 06, 07:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
do police stations still sell recovered bikes? 2nd hand bikes

I'm sure I read years ago that the lock nick was selling bikes that
had either been recovered from tea leafs, or had found their way to
the police station by some other means.

is this something that...
Forum: UK September 10th 06, 04:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
relevant importance of variables when choosing a new bike

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 11:19:23 GMT, Marcus Red wrote:

What happens if/when the brakes fail? You can't stick your feet on the
ground.

One of the funniest things I ever saw,...
Forum: UK September 9th 06, 09:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
relevant importance of variables when choosing a new bike

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 20:44:52 +0100, "Jeremy Parker"
wrote:

and that seats should be higher. (I had wondered why some
cyclists
seem to have seats way higher...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13