Showing results 1 to 25 of 105
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DavidR
Forum: UK February 6th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By DavidR
Stealth ramblers!

"Tim Dunne" wrote

We're all human. Drivers, in general, drive above their capability, and
at
night drive faster than their stopping distance would suggest they...
Forum: UK January 31st 07, 11:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By DavidR
Building cassettes

"James Thomson" wrote
"DavidR" a écrit:

I want to make a 13-34 7 speed with even steps for my wife, (with
different spacers obviously), to...
Forum: UK January 31st 07, 01:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By DavidR
Building cassettes

Looking at the Parkers site, they list BBB 9sp Shimano compatible cassettes
of various...
Forum: UK January 30th 07, 12:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 55
Posted By DavidR
Brake shoes with chevrons, but which way round?

"Paul Boyd" wrote
On 29/01/2007 17:25, David Damerell said,

I wonder if it could be related to the willingness of people like you to
assume that a tread pattern is...
Forum: UK January 28th 07, 06:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 52
Posted By DavidR
Police behaviour on January's Critical Mass, London

"Creature" wrote

I'm surprised because I thought the idea was to keep it in one big,
moving
group as much as possible. I understood that the front of the mass was
Forum: UK January 28th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By DavidR
Cycle Parking Farcility of the Month

"Alan J. Wylie" wrote

http://wylie.me.uk/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/2007/01/23#cpfotm

A strange shiny stainless steel structure appeared outside work a
couple of days ago. It's...
Forum: UK January 22nd 07, 01:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By DavidR
Ladies and gentlemen, the hyperbike...

"Marz" wrote in message

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/01/hyperbike_hype.php

The inventor obviously doesn't realise that stability is entirely to do
with the...
Forum: UK January 21st 07, 12:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"Stevie D" wrote
DavidR wrote:

Riding today I was going past a junction with two vehicles on my left
waiting to turn out and one on my right waiting to turn...
Forum: UK January 17th 07, 12:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By DavidR
Help choosing correct bike

"Gwyn Oakley" wrote
"Gwyn Oakley" wrote
"DavidR" wrote:

Also, do you ever use the actual drop?...
Forum: UK January 16th 07, 11:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"Stevie D" wrote
DavidR wrote:
Stevie D wrote:

On a busy main road or motorway, a high proportion of accidents are
caused by tailgating.

How do...
Forum: UK January 16th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"Stevie D" wrote
DavidR wrote:

I think you consider the so called "maximum safe speed" to be where a
hazard exists ahead beyond your visual range. If you...
Forum: UK January 14th 07, 09:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By DavidR
Help choosing correct bike

"Gwyn Oakley" wrote
"DavidR" wrote:

Unless you want to put in a reasonable pace (say, over 13mph averages or
doing much hill climbing)...
Forum: UK January 14th 07, 09:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"Stevie D" wrote in message
DavidR wrote:

You drive along a residential road as every driver encounters...
Forum: UK January 14th 07, 02:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By DavidR
Help choosing correct bike

"Simon Brooke" wrote
in message , Mike ')
wrote:

Hi all, I am going to buy my first bike soon and Iam only looking...
Forum: UK January 14th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"Stevie D" wrote

For speed to be a causal or contributory factor in an accident, it has
to be "too fast". That's too fast for that road, under those
Forum: UK January 13th 07, 01:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"Matt B" wrote
DavidR wrote:
"Matt B" wrote
If the speed limit were reduced on a road, but motorists ignored the
change,...
Forum: UK January 13th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"Matt B" wrote
DavidR wrote:
"Matt B" wrote

Here we go again. There is NO causal relationship between the speed
limit...
Forum: UK January 13th 07, 12:33 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 72
Posted By DavidR
Concussion mechanism, possibly relevant to helmets

"Tim Woodall" wrote

If a fracturing skull can dissipate more energy than a crushing helmet
then this could well be a net loss for helmet wearing for all cases
except...
Forum: UK January 13th 07, 12:08 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"Matt B" wrote

Here we go again. There is NO causal relationship between the speed
limit and road deaths.

Of course there is. Congested roads have low...
Forum: UK January 13th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"Matt B" wrote

If the speed limit were reduced on a road, but motorists ignored the
change, and continued to use the road at exactly the same speed as before
Forum: UK January 13th 07, 12:06 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By DavidR
Difference between 7 speed and 8 speed rear wheel

"Steve Walford" wrote

I have a decent 7 speed wheel, is it just a matter of changing the
freehub, or will the wheel require re-dishing. I suspect...
Forum: UK January 9th 07, 12:24 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By DavidR
28 24 22 20 18 - sensible? doable? costly? Done! Thanks! £6.79!

"AP" wrote
"DavidR" wrote

I don't understand this. You were fitting a 7 speed which will fit in a
126 frame. What was the...
Forum: UK January 9th 07, 12:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"Tony Raven" wrote
DavidR wrote on 07/01/2007 23:09 +0100:
"mb" wrote
On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:09:34 +0000, DavidR wrote:

Face it,...
Forum: UK January 8th 07, 12:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"spindrift" wrote

Tell me which roads, shared with cyclists, you would speed on.

The road between Playhatch & Sonning. I am sure you know it.

For the other readers this...
Forum: UK January 8th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 402
Posted By DavidR
Zealots

"mb" wrote
On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:09:34 +0000, DavidR wrote:

Face it, your idea of equipping tens of thousands of lampposts with a
mini speed camera is ludicrously...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 105