Showing results 1 to 25 of 190
Search took 1.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PeteSig[_2_]
Forum: Australia June 20th 08, 02:03 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Bicycle Power

"Thomas Houseman" wrote:

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote:

You didn't quote the law. You quoted an RTA brochure.

Zebee

---------
You think they'd get it wrong?
Forum: Australia June 20th 08, 11:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Bicycle Power

"terryc" wrote:

Anyway, what we need that we currently do not have easily available, is a
kit of left crank with cog, bolt on motor, electronic throttle and
multiple battery packs (24hr turn...
Forum: Australia June 15th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 34
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Beanie under a helmet

"Rob" wrote:
cfsmtb wrote:
::dom:: Wrote:
Nike make a thin coolMax beanie... have you looked at a 'Buff'
(http://www.buff.com.au)

Aldi had a veritable truckload of thinsulate...
Forum: Australia June 8th 08, 09:06 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
4D Toplight Senso Multi - minor cautionary tale

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote:

Oh I wasn't going to buy a battery light. I would never go back to
those! (I do have a flashing rear light as well as the dynamo rear as
a signal - flash means...
Forum: Australia June 7th 08, 12:11 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Short-Stopper

"John Tserkezis" wrote:

Has anything come of this since?
As far as I know, he was only charged for failing to stop after an
accident.

Be patient, it's only been a couple of weeks....
Forum: Australia June 7th 08, 02:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Short-Stopper

That podcast link should be:
http://podcasts.2gb.com/rayhadley/rayhadleybikecrash100508.mp3

Good ol' Jason, he's such a pearler! But Ben Kersten has an interesting
viewpoint on his claims of...
Forum: Australia June 7th 08, 01:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Short-Stopper

Yes, he was later apprehended. He apparently claimed his car was running on
LPG fuel (liquid petroleum gas) and it ran out, so he "had to stop" to
change it over and run on petrol...
Forum: Australia June 3rd 08, 11:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
problem with panniers and racks

"terryc" wrote:

Cootmaundra, Tumut, Canberra trip right at the time that Sedi brought
out those chains that completely disintergrated. I was also carrying 5
spare chains and a spare rear...
Forum: Australia June 1st 08, 02:18 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
problem with panniers and racks

"terryc" wrote in message
On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 18:31:15 +1000, Tomasso wrote:

True, but my old Karrimor rack...
Forum: Australia June 1st 08, 11:44 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
problem with panniers and racks

"BtC" wrote:

My Tubus Cargo rack arrived last week and I can safely now say that they
are brilliant - so easy to fit. My frame does not have the eyelets so I
needed...
Forum: Australia June 1st 08, 08:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
problem with panniers and racks

"terryc" wrote:

First problem is that I can not find an image that shows the
mounting system on these panniers clearly. so,all I can suggest
is looking at UTE hooks to rivet onto the bag to...
Forum: Australia June 1st 08, 05:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 34
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Beanie under a helmet

"BT Humble" wrote:
David Springthorpe wrote:

That's bloody inflation for you! Whatever happened to the good old $2
store???

Is that the one that used to sell one-cent lollies?

Don't...
Forum: Australia June 1st 08, 05:37 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
problem with panniers and racks

How tall is your husband? And does he have a particularly large shoe size?

Many people riding on MTBs can have heel clip problems with rear panniers.
Smaller frames can worsen this problem too....
Forum: Australia May 20th 08, 01:19 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Panniers

"EuanB" wrote:

David Springthorpe Wrote:
Re-newbies question: Looking for some rear panniers for general use -
what
brands are good, how much should I pay and where is a good place to...
Forum: Australia May 17th 08, 04:07 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 30
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Bourke Street Bicycle Road

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message
In aus.bicycle on Sun, 11 May 2008 03:20:26 -0700 (PDT)
tenspeed ...
Forum: Australia May 3rd 08, 11:26 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Wheel Builiding?

"terryc" wrote:

Spoke key, hearing(spoon striker) and a set of "forks" are all you need,
if you are usuing new spokes.

And screwdriver/steel tyre lever/crank end to 'stress relieve' the...
Forum: Australia April 29th 08, 08:33 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
tyres used on 40% of all bicycles are

"ray" wrote in message
tyres used on 40% of all bicycles are "clincher"
type,...
Forum: Australia April 21st 08, 09:25 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Off road 700c x 23's?

"Bill the Cat" wrote:

Crazy question I guess. Today I went for a ride I downloaded off
Bikely.com.

The ride took me from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast via Old Gympie Road.
Forum: Australia April 20th 08, 01:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
WARNING

"Bleve" wrote:

It's a troll from bratton. The guy's amazing ... he's been at it for
years ... the tenacity is the amazing part ...

The perplexing thing about it is what the f#$& his point...
Forum: Australia April 19th 08, 10:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Photos from 2008 Baw Baw classic

"Bleve" wrote in message
http://www.aboc.com.au/images/galleries/20080419-bawbaw/

Jono...
Forum: Australia April 16th 08, 01:04 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Cycle rage in Brisbane?

"Bill the Cat" wrote:

Is this true? I travel the stretch they talk about 6 days a week
currently and I see massive overcrowding, but I am yet to witness "cycle
rage".

I am mildly...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 15th 08, 06:38 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 192
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Where the cyclists in America belong: back alleys, gutters and sidewalks

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 02:40:23 GMT, "PeteSig"
Forum: Australia April 15th 08, 06:38 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 189
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Where the cyclists in America belong: back alleys, gutters and sidewalks

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 02:40:23 GMT, "PeteSig"
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 15th 08, 03:40 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 192
Posted By PeteSig[_2_]
Where the cyclists in America belong: back alleys, gutters and sidewalks

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message :

That way I dont have to worry
about some spandexed ****for brains on a $5000 hitech geewhiz bicycle
running a red light and me...
Forum: Australia April 15th 08, 03:40 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living