Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: steephill
Forum: Rides July 16th 08, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By steephill
Photos/Video: Cycling Foix, Tour de France Stage 11/12 Preview

Here's a preview of the cycling in the region of the next two Tour de
France stages:

http://www.steephill.tv/2008/foix/

The report is new and the video was recently put together, but the
photos are...
Forum: Racing March 15th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By steephill
Tyler Farrar crash video from Paris-Nice

On Mar 15, 10:55*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

*steephill wrote:
Forum: Racing March 15th 08, 10:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By steephill
Tyler Farrar crash video from Paris-Nice

On Mar 15, 12:24*am, Kyle Legate wrote:
bobcullinan wrote:
A fan captured Farrar going down in the prologue this week. Ugh. Take
a look for yourself:

Forum: Racing March 15th 08, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By steephill
Can a dumbass make a difference? Symmetrics Update

On Mar 14, 11:16*pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Mar 13, 9:16*pm, steephill wrote:

last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI...
Forum: Racing March 14th 08, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By steephill
Can a dumbass make a difference? Symmetrics Update

Last year the TofG had 5 Pro Tour teams.
This year's TofC had 9 Pro Tour teams on the start line.
The TofG only has 4 Pro Tour teams showing up this year.

Yes that's a fair point, but there...
Forum: Racing March 14th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By steephill
Can a dumbass make a difference? Symmetrics Update

Good news for sure, but it's not the first time they've ridden Georgia.

Yes, they were there in '05, but not '06 or '07. With their
eligibility uncertainity in U.S. events, I assume they are...
Forum: Racing March 14th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By steephill
Can a dumbass make a difference? Symmetrics Update

last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
of California? (thread url: http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)

It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the...
Forum: Racing March 4th 08, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By steephill
Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour ofCalifornia?

On Mar 3, 6:30*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
I was told that the Local Organizing Committee for the Prologue (in Palo
Alto) had to come up with $180k. We put in...
Forum: Racing February 29th 08, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By steephill
Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour ofCalifornia?

OK, I need clarification on something. Are you saying that the Symmetrics
team couldn't get in, even if they paid the $10k or whatever?

Yes.

You mention
further down that, as an event...
Forum: Racing February 29th 08, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By steephill
Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour ofCalifornia?

You are seriously missing the point of all this.

No, your the missing my point. As I said Medalist Sports explanation
was acceptable, but I posted the report for two reasons:
1) To highlight the...
Forum: Racing February 28th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By steephill
Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour ofCalifornia?

On Feb 28, 1:33*pm, "Off The Back" wrote:
steephill wrote:
There was a simmering discontent when Symmetrics wasn't invited to the
Tour of California. Well, I...
Forum: Racing February 28th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By steephill
Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour of California?

There was a simmering discontent when Symmetrics wasn't invited to the
Tour of California. Well, I think there is more to the...
Forum: Racing January 25th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By steephill
Worlds Cross Live?

On Jan 25, 1:06*pm, jerry in vermont wrote:
On Jan 24, 8:11*pm, steephill wrote:

On Jan 24, 12:25*pm, "Greg Nelson"...
Forum: Racing January 25th 08, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By steephill
Worlds Cross Live?

On Jan 24, 12:25*pm, "Greg Nelson" wrote:
Anyone have the inside track on the best place to watch the races live?

-Greg

I just received an email from WCSN about the...
Forum: Racing December 2nd 07, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By steephill
Giro announcement??

Yesterday's announcement confirmed the week old rumors. I have links
to the maps, profiles and some analysis on my Giro 2008...
Forum: Rides November 2nd 07, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By steephill
Photos/Video: Cycling The "Remarkable" Ride in Queenstown, New Zealand

Here's a double-album set of photos and video from our trip to
Queenstown, New Zealand. There are pluses and minuses to road biking
in New Zealand, but cycling the east side of Lake Wakatipu is,...
Forum: Rides October 11th 07, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By steephill
France Episode #6: Cycling (Nearby) The Provence... Les Baronnies (photos and video)

On Oct 11, 11:51 am, "Ken Roberts"
wrote:
Thanks Steve -- Looks like a fun ride, hope Sharon and I get to do it
sometime. You sure put a lot of work into the...
Forum: Rides October 10th 07, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By steephill
France Episode #6: Cycling (Nearby) The Provence... Les Baronnies (photos and video)

I'm still working on finishing reports from my 2006 summer of cycling.
Here's my 2nd report from the Provence and the 6th in the series. Not
spectacular, but special in its own way:

report and...
Forum: Racing May 24th 07, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By steephill
Giro Stage 11 finish

If you're a Mac weenie like me, you may have had troubles getting to the
Rai video (compliments to them for the web video, brickbats for the
ActiveX madness I found viewing their...
Forum: Racing May 22nd 07, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By steephill
Giro audio (or video)?

On May 22, 7:41 am, wrote:
Does anyone know of an audio or video stream for the Giro? I thought
that Eurosport used to have one but I can't find it now that it has
Forum: Racing May 11th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By steephill
Hey, Tyler Hamilton...

It is the spectacle that draws the fans, and the fantasy of
honest competition is too resilient.

Well said Bob! The Grand Tours are much larger than the...
Forum: Racing May 10th 07, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By steephill
FLASH: Simoni stronger than 2006

also, the next time I read cyclingnews.com refer to him as "il picollo
principe", I'm cancelling my subscription.

My italian isn't very good? What does 'picollo' mean? Did you mean "il
poco...
Forum: Racing April 28th 07, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By steephill
Start list for L-B-L?

Thanks, Steve. The list does seem a little light, with only seven
teams, though.

I see the complete rosters of 24 teams.

Steve
www.steephill.tv bike travelogue
Forum: Racing April 28th 07, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By steephill
Start list for L-B-L?

http://www.cyclingstartlists.com/2007/04Apr/05LBL.htm

Steve
www.steephill.tv bike travelogue
Forum: Racing April 18th 07, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By steephill
NBC U.S. Open epic finale and post-race video now up

Mark,

Thanks again Steve for your awesome cycling coverage. In my view, sites like
yours are filling a huge void left by the mainstream news sites (e.g.,
cyclingnews, etc.)

Thanks. It's...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61