Showing results 1 to 25 of 306
Search took 6.28 seconds.
Forum: UK January 15th 10, 01:05 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.moderation
Replies: 49
Posted By [email protected]
The future of uk.rec.cycling.moderated

"The Happy Hippy" writes:

I think this rather depends on whether there is justifcation in rejecting a
post or whether that is being done with the aim of...
Forum: UK January 15th 10, 11:31 AM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.moderation
Replies: 49
Posted By [email protected]
The future of uk.rec.cycling.moderated

Tom Crispin writes:

People unable to send messages to the moderators using the official
contact e-mail address;

Could easily be fixed (and I agree that...
Forum: UK January 12th 10, 06:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Do You Ever Not Use Cycle Paths Just to Obstruct Motorists?

Matt B writes:

Ah, right. If someone doesn't respond obligingly with sources within an
hour of your asking them, it's OK to accuse them of lying is it?

Forum: UK January 12th 10, 04:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Do You Ever Not Use Cycle Paths Just to Obstruct Motorists?

Matt B writes:

Here is _all_ of my _original_ post (made at 11:33):

"Where have they published that guideline? What other advice does it
contain?"

"On their...
Forum: UK January 12th 10, 03:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Do You Ever Not Use Cycle Paths Just to Obstruct Motorists?

Matt B writes:

wrote:
"The question" was not a question, it was an accusation. Don't pretend
it wasn't.

Forum: UK January 12th 10, 03:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Do You Ever Not Use Cycle Paths Just to Obstruct Motorists?

Matt B writes:

The question though isn't whether they would ever advise them to use
the facilities at higher speeds - as you are well aware.

The question is...
Forum: UK January 12th 10, 02:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Do You Ever Not Use Cycle Paths Just to Obstruct Motorists?

" writes:

Highway Code rule 61 states that [cycle paths] are not compulsory anyway, so in
that regard, what the DfT published does not really matter. It was
Forum: UK January 12th 10, 01:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Do You Ever Not Use Cycle Paths Just to Obstruct Motorists?

Matt B writes:

To quote that paragraph though as "The current Dept for Transport
guidelines state:" though was, at best, mistaken. To quote it again
as such,...
Forum: UK January 10th 10, 01:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 154
Posted By [email protected]
A sensible fine

NM writes:

Brilliant points score give yourself a few ticks and a gold star,
collect enough of them and I'll let you come and kiss my arse.

In spite of the incorrect...
Forum: UK January 10th 10, 01:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 417
Posted By [email protected]
Its one of those pavement killers again!

Charles Bryant writes:

In article , wrote:
}Cynic writes:
}As for "almost unique",...
Forum: UK January 9th 10, 04:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 94
Posted By [email protected]
typical cyclist?

Squashme writes:

On 9 Jan, 14:31, (Steve Firth) wrote:
wrote:
So I rather think we can assumeSquashmeis a total...
Forum: UK January 9th 10, 04:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 154
Posted By [email protected]
A sensible fine

NM writes:

Exactly what I do on my motorcycle except for the last bit slowing
down bit which is specifically forbidden in the highway code, rule 186
probably, thus making...
Forum: UK January 8th 10, 07:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 417
Posted By [email protected]
Its one of those pavement killers again!

Cynic writes:

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 04:36:19 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:
Something either is complete or it isn't-it cannot be more complete
than...
Forum: UK January 8th 10, 07:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 94
Posted By [email protected]
typical cyclist?

Adrian writes:

"mileburner" gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

If you have a pint of beer in a pub, you're a...
Forum: UK January 8th 10, 06:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
How did he not get done for this

JNugent writes:

wrote:

Judith Smith writes:
wrote:
" ...
Forum: UK January 8th 10, 06:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 154
Posted By [email protected]
A sensible fine

"The Medway Handyman" writes:

Law abiding cyclists only appear in dreams.

I agree with Adrian Mole's mother on this one. "There's only one thing
more boring...
Forum: UK January 8th 10, 05:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 94
Posted By [email protected]
typical cyclist?

Adrian writes:

Same as somebody like Chris Boardman is a professional cyclist until such
time as he retires.

Hmm. Chris Boardman can be a professional cyclist even at...
Forum: UK January 8th 10, 04:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
How did he not get done for this

Judith Smith writes:

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 13:01:33 +0000, wrote:

" writes:

What has being closed got to do with...
Forum: UK January 8th 10, 04:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 94
Posted By [email protected]
typical cyclist?

Adrian writes:

"mileburner" gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

They do not have to be riding it at that particular...
Forum: UK January 8th 10, 01:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
How did he not get done for this

" writes:

What has being closed got to do with it?

Mr Benn said:

"The purpose of public roads is... not for
recreational purposes."

See also Hirst and Agu...
Forum: UK January 8th 10, 12:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Cyclist wins against London Tube.

"The Medway Handyman" writes:

when he could have been in a comfy seat

On the Tube? Don't be so stupid

-dan
Forum: UK January 7th 10, 04:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 417
Posted By [email protected]
Its one of those pavement killers again!

JNugent writes:

Have you never encountered the concept of public opinion before?

Yes thank you. Did you have a point?

-dan
Forum: UK January 7th 10, 04:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 417
Posted By [email protected]
Its one of those pavement killers again!

Matt B writes:

wrote:
There is a whole set of NIMBY's who are very anti wind farms, due to
their "visible impact" on the landscape and...
Forum: UK January 7th 10, 11:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 417
Posted By [email protected]
Its one of those pavement killers again!

Matt B writes:

I would rather expect us all to have the freedom to choose which mode
of transport we use. The government are our servants - not
vice-versa. If...
Forum: UK January 7th 10, 11:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Replies: 417
Posted By [email protected]
Its one of those pavement killers again!

"The Medway Handyman" writes:

Registration prevents the vast majority of drivers from driving illegally.

And yet no such similar scheme is required to stop the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 306