Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: monocyclism
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By monocyclism
Buying that first 36er

feel the light;1171070 wrote:
If you ask UDC they might let you swap out the cranks for a pair of dual
hole moments. They are very convenient and popular, and will also save
you the cost of...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By monocyclism
Buying that first 36er

saskatchewanian;1171061 wrote:
I made a really long post comparing the available 36ers in 'this'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74633) thread.

I am not the biggest fan...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By monocyclism
Buying that first 36er

Klaas Bil;1171017 wrote:
Everything Joe said, and then some:
I don't have a Nightrider myself but I've heard only good things about
it.

You mentioned "some" gradients, so you might want...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By monocyclism
Buying that first 36er

monocyclism;1170932 wrote:
I was going to buy this 36er:

http://tinyurl.com/87rtxy

Are there alternatives that anyone would suggest?
I thought ISIS cranks would be best for perhaps...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By monocyclism
Buying that first 36er

I was going to buy this 36er:

http://tinyurl.com/87rtxy

Are there alternatives that anyone would suggest?
I thought ISIS cranks would be best for perhaps upgrading later – are
they?
I learnt on...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By monocyclism
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

GizmoDuck;1166205 wrote:

The solution would be to create a V-frame. Instead of having one fork
leg, there are two, coming out as a V from the bearing holders. The
front fork allows a stem...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By monocyclism
Choosing a MUni

Thanks guys for the feedback. It's given me something to work on.

--
monocyclism
monocyclism's Profile:...

Tak;1162646 wrote:
I don't know - it's not often that one encounters cars on offroad
cycling trails. ;)

Yes! This is one of the great things for me about unicycling - it feels
like...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By monocyclism
Choosing a MUni

I recently bought my first unicycle from Unicycle.com. It is called a
24" Dodger. It was classed as a beginners model and to my untrained eye
it does look a little basic compared to more expensive...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By monocyclism
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

Damn technology!

Just realised in my last post:

The titles 'HOUR 1' and 'HOUR 3' should read 'WEEK 1' and 'WEEK 3'
respectfully.

--
monocyclism
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By monocyclism
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

Recently I was very encouraged by the positive comments made by several
experienced unicyclists to the learner-videos I produced of myself
learning to unicycle. they are...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By monocyclism
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

Klaas Bil;1160792 wrote:
I think that for beginners, other beginner's advice is at least as
useful as the advice from more experienced riders. All I want to say is:
beginner's advice is very...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By monocyclism
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

TimeTraveller

As a learner myself I am in no position to offer you the sort of advice
that more experienced riders have at their fingertips - but since you
asked......

Clearly, there's lots of...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By monocyclism
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

CBS
Pity about your arm – I have a few pulled muscles and to continue
learning I am popping a few painkillers – but I reckon learning with
your bad arm would be a bridge-too-far for me! Get better...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By monocyclism
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

I also read the 'label' that said 10-15 hours of practice is typical for
a unicycle. So after buying my beginner unicycle I religiously videoed
my progress on an hourly basis. I had never used a...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15