Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dennis Davis[_2_]
Forum: Techniques August 29th 20, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
What's new in Italy

In article ,
Mark J. wrote:

Why Eight?

Why not four? Plenty enough for il Campionissimo!

Why not old fashioned Eleven?...
Forum: Techniques June 7th 20, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Trek rims

In article ,
John B. wrote:

What is TT?

Andy

If you are British it probably means Tourist Trophy - the...
Forum: Techniques June 4th 20, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 270
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Groupsets

In article ,
jbeattie wrote:

I think that the curmudgeon handbook, chapter six, has a lengthy
discussion of the...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 19, 08:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 49
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Replacing a lost toolkit

In article ,
bob prohaska wrote:

Suggestions for a seat bag would also be welcome. For the moment
I'll put the tools and spares in the pannier...
Forum: Techniques November 28th 18, 08:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Looking for some spoke lengths

In article ,

Thanks to you both! I used the-two-cutoff-spokes-trick I found
on the web, and the webpage...
Forum: Techniques November 26th 18, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Looking for some spoke lengths

In article ,
wrote:
Coming out of lurker mode here to see if I can get spoke lengths
for current (9-10-11 spd) Campy...
Forum: Techniques April 1st 18, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Help With Choosing 700c Inner Tube

In article ,
Duane wrote:

I see no value in trying to get a presto tube to work in a rim made
for a...
Forum: Techniques January 6th 18, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Joerg Antidote

In article ,
On 2018-01-06 12:42, Radey Shouman wrote:

Riding back I took the lane more or less everywhere, as...
Forum: Techniques November 24th 17, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 120
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
FLU

In article ,
On 2017-11-20 15:11, wrote:

... the usual mindless rubbish ...

Wear a full space...
Forum: Techniques September 27th 17, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Alfine 11 hub skipping under hard pedaling

In article , dave wrote:

Remove all children or those easily offended from the working
area. Gather up as many swear words in your...
Forum: Techniques September 16th 17, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 91
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Chain Stretch

In article ,
Doug Landau wrote:

With chains getting ever more expensive, how do you prevent chain
theft when...
Forum: Techniques September 15th 17, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 91
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Chain Stretch

In article ,
John B. wrote:

There seems to be three options. One, to use a ruler and measure from
pin to pin. Two to use a...
Forum: Techniques June 16th 17, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Floor Pumps

In article ,

I have a rennkompressor for more than 30 years now. It is a simple
device and well made....
Forum: Techniques January 4th 17, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 341
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Stronger rubber cement?

In article ,
Joerg wrote:
Gentlemen,

Is there something stronger than the usual rubber cement in the
patch kits? Ideally something...
Forum: Techniques December 28th 16, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Steel is real

In article ,

And of what use are legends? Does ANYONE know the name of the 16
year old kid that won the...
Forum: Techniques November 13th 16, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Rear Hub width

In article ,
Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 2:10:16 AM UTC, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
where...
Forum: Techniques November 13th 16, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Presta Valve Stem: Screw-On Ring Inside As Well As Outside?

In article ,
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
I've torn a couple of Presta valve stems out of the tube by yanking
too hard when pulling off the pump...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 16, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Spoke Tension Meter That Is Easy On The Hands?

In article ,
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/21/2016 3:33 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
I've got a very basic WheelSmith tensiometer, but when I...
Forum: Techniques September 21st 16, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Spoke Tension Meter That Is Easy On The Hands?

In article ,
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
I've got a very basic WheelSmith tensiometer, but when I do an
entire wheel my hands get sore.

viz:...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 16, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 93
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
DANGER - CARBON FIBER FRAMES

In article ,
Radey Shouman wrote:
Frank Krygowski writes:

:-) According to SMS, they should make all aircraft...
Forum: Techniques July 24th 16, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 93
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
DANGER - CARBON FIBER FRAMES

In article ,
jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 2:02:19 PM UTC-7, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016...
Forum: Techniques November 19th 15, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Wheel Fanatyk's Tensiometer

In article ,
Tosspot wrote:
On 18/11/15 22:44, Doug Landau wrote:
that have survived seven years of rough roads.

Forum: UK June 9th 15, 07:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Wired or wireless cycle computer/odometer?

In article ,
Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 8 June 2015 13:38:09 UTC+3, Bod wrote:
I've always used a wired one, but am...
Forum: UK June 9th 15, 07:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Wired or wireless cycle computer/odometer?

In article ,
David Lang wrote:
On 08/06/2015 11:38, Bod wrote:
I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to
Forum: Techniques April 18th 15, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Dennis Davis[_2_]
Something to remember when you replace your Look Delta cleats

In article ,
wrote:
It's quite simple, really. When you realize you can't get your foot
out of the pedal, you just...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32