Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Forum: Techniques November 19th 08, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 115
Posted By [email protected]
Wheels for 700lb guy?

what kind of failure rate? *have you data for cracked rims that were built
to manufacturer spoke tension spec?

To be clear, I want to be able to screw things up badly and not get
cracks. I...
Forum: Techniques November 19th 08, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 115
Posted By [email protected]
Wheels for 700lb guy?

Most rims in the world may not be Mavics, but Mavic is the single most
common make of rim with those who post to cycling newsgroups and forums -
therefore you will read more problems about...
Forum: Techniques November 17th 08, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 115
Posted By [email protected]
Wheels for 700lb guy?

I second landotter's recommendation of the Alex DM18. It's a sane
cross-section, heavy enough for the job, made of good strong 6061-T6
alloy, and cheap to buy. It's what most people should have...
Forum: Techniques November 17th 08, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 115
Posted By [email protected]
Wheels for 700lb guy?

Alex DM18s are a good choice for a clyde. It's got even more meat than
the Mavic. Less than $20. ERD is close enough to the 604 I found for
the Mavics for you do tape 'em up and do a direct...
Forum: Techniques November 17th 08, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 115
Posted By [email protected]
Wheels for 700lb guy?

Ok, I don't weigh 700 pounds. I weigh a solid 300. I don't care about
the weight of my rims, I care only about strength and fatigue
performance. I have a short, flat, bike ride to work every...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5