Showing results 1 to 25 of 130
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Forum: Techniques November 17th 10, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 583
Posted By [email protected]
Friction Shifting

On Nov 15, 4:22 pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
On 11/15/2010 6:11 PM, A. Muzi wrote:
friction
9-10-11 is dicey. Seven systems are fantastically better with...
Forum: Techniques August 25th 10, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
suntour to shimano 7 spd freewheel upgrade

On Aug 25, 9:19*am, Michael Korenchuk
wrote:
I have a old mtb w/130mm spacing. *Can I (A.) change out the freewheel
from suntour 7 sp. to shimano 7 sp., (B.) change...
Forum: Techniques August 9th 10, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
How dorky would flatbar look with an aerobar

On Aug 9, 4:10*am, Anton Success wrote:
I'm considering adding an aerobar on a flatbar "fitness" bike (Merida
Speeder T3 circa 2008)

Have anyone seen a flatbar cyclocross...
Forum: Techniques August 5th 10, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
27 inch wheelset

On Aug 5, 11:42*am, kolldata wrote:
sure. the selection is for old folk who are ossifying with their bikes
and what's left over.

I'm an old man and I enjoy building up old...
Forum: Techniques August 5th 10, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
27 inch wheelset

On Aug 5, 7:13*am, dan wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking at 2 27 inch wheelsets on harris cyclery for my 80s road
bike. * I want to use knobby tires on the current rims for...
Forum: Techniques February 2nd 09, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By [email protected]
OT - Why not 'Buy American'?

On Feb 2, 2:27*pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:21*am, Woland99 wrote:

"The US Senate should strip a "Buy American"...
Forum: Techniques February 2nd 09, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By [email protected]
OT - Why not 'Buy American'?

On Feb 2, 11:21*am, Woland99 wrote:
"The US Senate should strip a "Buy American" clause from President
Barack
Obama's economic stimulus plan, the chamber's top Republican...
Forum: General January 19th 09, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Comments on Montague Folder

On Jan 18, 12:31*pm, "San Jose" wrote:
Hi:

I'm interested in comments on the Montague as a bike to take in a camper.
I've had a Bike Friday and a Brompton. *Great...
Forum: Techniques January 7th 09, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Help with MTB cassette and cogs

On Jan 6, 3:42*pm, Chuck Anderson
wrote:
For several years I've been riding my MTB (Bridgestone MB-1) on mountain
roads (paved) using a 7 speed cassette (Shimano...
Forum: General December 19th 08, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
So when do you replace your steel frame with an aluminum &/orcarbon one?

On Dec 12, 7:17*am, wrote:
For the past 18 years I've been riding a Schwinn Paramount frame made
from Columbus SLX tubing and with Campy Super Record components and
Forum: Techniques December 5th 08, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
one piece crank mod

On Dec 4, 5:41 pm, Chalo wrote:
Chalo wrote:
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1631/cimg1223sk5.jpghttp://www.ayy...

If you simply _have_ to mount foot bondage...
Forum: Techniques December 4th 08, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
one piece crank mod

On Dec 4, 5:54*am, cmcanulty wrote:
Thanks for the great ideas I didn't realize an adapter was sold. I get
a junk bike out of trash to ride in salt and snow but need the...
Forum: Rides November 15th 08, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Santa Fe - Taos Area

On Nov 10, 4:49*am, "Doug" wrote:
I'm looking to plan a trip to New Mexico this summer and was wondering if
anyone had advice on definite rides to do or alternately where not to...
Forum: Techniques April 22nd 08, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
110 mm rear dropout spacing

Last night I picked up a 1955 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix frame for
$10. It has straight gauge 531 tubing. Very nice.

However, the rear dropout spacing is 110 mm. So what can I do with
that?

I'm...
Forum: General April 22nd 08, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
110 mm rear dropout spacing

Last night I picked up a 1955 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix frame for
$10. It has straight gauge 531 tubing. Very nice.

However, the rear dropout spacing is 110 mm. So what can I do with
that?

I'm...
Forum: Techniques February 1st 08, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Internally Geared Shimano Hub + Shaft Drive = Carefree ChicagoWinter Bike Commute?

On Feb 1, 1:54*pm, "
wrote:

Chicago is pretty flat, so I'd go for single speed. No cables so
easier to deal with than Nexus if you...
Forum: Racing January 23rd 08, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 90
Posted By [email protected]
OT Why No Fusion Powerplants?

On Jan 22, 2:29*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
http://www.emc2fusion.org/2007-3-5%20DefenseNews.pdf

Seems like Robert Bussard discovered the trick but this has been buried so
Forum: Techniques January 10th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
road triple chainline / mtb crank for road?

On Jan 10, 9:44*am, nathan ramsey wrote:
someone wants to put a mtb triple on their road bike...

typical road chainline is 43.5 - 45, modern outboard bb mtb triples
are...
Forum: Techniques January 10th 08, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Photos and article on Shimano's wheel-building machines

On Jan 10, 11:42*am, A Muzi wrote:
*Thomas *Hood wrote:
Something for everyone he

"Picture Day"
--
Andrew...
Forum: Techniques November 21st 07, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 20, 7:57 am, "D'ohBoy" wrote:
The exorbitant price aside, has anyone run their cables this way with
Ergos? Any hints or comments?

I just installed some Ergo...
Forum: General November 12th 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.sport.triathlon,rec.running,misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Seeking energy bar recipe using 5 or fewer natural ingredients

On Nov 10, 1:15 pm, wrote:
On Nov 10, 3:52 pm, wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking to make my own energy bars
Forum: Techniques November 7th 07, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Question about Campy Veloce Brifter

On Nov 5, 10:49 pm, Hank Wirtz wrote:
On Nov 5, 8:53 pm, "

wrote:
So my questions:

1) Is is possible to replace...
Forum: Techniques November 6th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Question about Campy Veloce Brifter

I recently rebuilt my good bike with Campy Veloce Brifter, a Campy
racing triple fder, JTEK shiftmate, and an otherwise Shimano
drivetrain. The system works very well, no complaints except one.

The...
Forum: General October 19th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
My friend, the newbie, gets his first flat

My friend at work started cycling a few months ago. He has tackled
our sport with a lot of enthusiasm. He rides every day, often in the
evening on a trainer. He isn't afraid to ride at night with...
Forum: Rides October 19th 07, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides