Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Techniques September 28th 19, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Replace Mavic MA40 Rim with... ?

Thank you for the further input, jbeattie, John, David, AMuzi and Tosspot. I squeezed the sides of the braking surface, and the rim seems solid.

I was going to buy a whole new pre-built wheel, but...
Forum: Techniques September 24th 19, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Replace Mavic MA40 Rim with... ?

SirRidesalot and jbeattie, two LBS's said the hub was not replaceable. Is the rim too old for them to know what they are talking about? Or maybe I am too clueless.

One of the LBS's said I would not...
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 19, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Replace Mavic MA40 Rim with... ?

One of my front wheel's bearing has a gouge in one of the races. It's a Mavic MA40 rim, 33 years old, taking a 700 x 25 outer tire. The noise is annoying. My LBS thought re-packing might fix it, and...
Forum: Techniques June 30th 18, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Vitus 979: Removing Cranks and Bottom Bracket?

Update:
I found a new LBS I really like and left them with instructions to replace the bottom bracket as needed. They took it apart and found it in good condition. They cleaned the ball bearings et...
Forum: Techniques November 6th 16, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Vitus 979: Removing Cranks and Bottom Bracket?

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 3:51:00 PM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
What Andrew is geting at is that there were a number of variants of Shimano 600 through the years.

From your first post...
Forum: Techniques November 2nd 16, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Vitus 979: Removing Cranks and Bottom Bracket?

On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 12:41:27 PM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/30/2016 12:37 PM, honda.lioness wrote:
On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 12:08:24 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
Didn't you write...
Forum: Techniques October 30th 16, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Vitus 979: Removing Cranks and Bottom Bracket?

On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 12:08:24 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
Didn't you write Shimano 600 earlier?

Yes, this is what is printed on the cranks and the gear shift levers. I thought this was a.k.a....
Forum: Techniques October 30th 16, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Vitus 979: Removing Cranks and Bottom Bracket?

Hi AMuzi, jbeattie, , and Datakoll,

Thank you for all the input. It helps a lot. I gave a lot of thought to buying the tools and replacing the bearings in the original Dura-Ace...
Forum: Techniques October 24th 16, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Vitus 979: Removing Cranks and Bottom Bracket?

The cranks have "Shimano 600" printed on them.

-- Will a universal crank puller like the ones sold for a few dollars on eBay work? Or do I need a Shimano crank puller like this:...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9