Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: anon a mouse
Forum: General February 24th 12, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By anon a mouse
what to wash cycling clothes with . . .

Most of the tags say to use "mild detergent." Well, how exactly do I
know if its "mild?" I used to use Woolite, but read somewhere that I
shouldn't be. (Have no idea why.) So, what should I use?
Forum: Techniques February 11th 12, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By anon a mouse
changing oil in Alfine 11 speed

Is changing the oil in the Shimano hubs similar to the Rohloff? (The
only mention I've see in the manual and on the web is some kind of oil
bath, whereby you have to disassemble the hub, or...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 11, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 101
Posted By anon a mouse
floor pump recommendations?

Unfortunately, my LBS only carries no-name, made-in-china crap that
lasts a year, so I'll have to shop the web, therefore I can look for
any brand. (Just don't say Silca -- or however it's spelled....
Forum: Techniques June 22nd 11, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By anon a mouse
How do I get those chainrings off . . . ?

I have a Giant MTB bike with, apparently, some no-name brand cranks.
Thing is, the bolts for the rings have no allen slots, torx slots, or
anything else . . . they're simply round holes! So how in...
Forum: Techniques May 10th 11, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By anon a mouse
Shimano Alfine opinions?

I'm considering getting the Shimano Alfine internal hub (probably the
11 speed) for my MTB. I have a custom road bike with a Rohloff
Speedhub, which I really like, but is a bit pricy, especially...
Forum: Techniques October 28th 10, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By anon a mouse
New to full suspension . . . a few questions

Well, after using a cross bike (with 42c tires) as a MTB --yes, even
on some rather technical stuff! -- I just bought my first FS MTB
(Giant Warp '06).
First, how exactly does the suspension effect...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 28th 10, 01:52 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By anon a mouse
new to full-suspension questions . . .

Well, after using a cross bike (with 42c tires) as a MTB --yes, even
on some rather technical stuff! -- I just bought my first FS MTB
(Giant Warp '06).
First, how exactly does the suspension effect...
Forum: Techniques March 28th 10, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By anon a mouse
How do I stop the "Rohloff Rattle?"

My Rohloff shifter recently developed a rather pronounced rattling,
especially on rougher surfaces. The (tiny) bolts are tight . . . its
not the entire shifting unit, but just the twist handle...
Forum: Techniques November 5th 09, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By anon a mouse
Ping Lou: Touring Rohloff?

On Nov 1, 2:16*am, Lou Holtman wrote:
anon a mouse schreef:

On Oct 31, 5:48 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
Yo, Lou:
Forum: Techniques November 1st 09, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By anon a mouse
Ping Lou: Touring Rohloff?

On Oct 31, 5:48*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
Yo, Lou:

I realize 800km isn't a huge mileage on you Rohloff-equipped bike but
still...

Now that you have some experience of the...
Forum: Techniques October 1st 09, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By anon a mouse
Chain tension for internal hub?

I recently had a custom bike built, specifically designed for the
Rohloff Speedhub, with the OEM sliding dropouts. I'm still not sure
if I'm setting the tension right. (I'm not using a chain...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11