Showing results 1 to 25 of 120
Search took 0.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Colin Campbell
Forum: Techniques August 21st 07, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Colin Campbell
Q: Lower Gears on Campy Setup

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
I'll give a little background to this question, and hope the babbling isn't
irrelevant or boring.

I'm a road cyclist in a club, a little slower than most of the folks...
Forum: Racing August 18th 07, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Colin Campbell
The Outcast

Bob Schwartz wrote:
wrote:
From the NY Times:
"He wasn't sure why they sent the muscle-building pudding."

http://tinyurl.com/2rhrqj

Times are hard if...
Forum: Racing August 17th 07, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 56
Posted By Colin Campbell
oh oh , did Horner just call out USPS/Disco for doping?

wrote:
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:50:03 -0700, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo.
com wrote:

Unless you have the money to buy the people who have been reaching the last
Forum: Techniques August 15th 07, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Colin Campbell
if chain wear were never a factor, how long would a cassettelast?

Mark wrote:
wrote:
so, conventional advice is, change chains often, save your cassette

my question is, if chain wear were never a factor, how long would a
cassette...
Forum: Techniques August 15th 07, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Colin Campbell
Why does a spoke get "loose"?

wrote:
On Aug 13, 9:24 am, Art Harris wrote:
Colin Campbell wrote:
Luckily, the spokes are flat bladed (which is no doubt
why I'm SOOO...
Forum: Racing August 15th 07, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Colin Campbell
Masters World Champs

wrote:
On Aug 14, 3:14 pm, "
Forum: Techniques August 14th 07, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Colin Campbell
Why does a spoke get "loose"?

Andrew Price wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 19:09:23 -0700, Colin Campbell
wrote:

[---]

I have lost nearly 10 kg in the past several months

That's impressively...
Forum: Techniques August 13th 07, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Colin Campbell
Polar speed sensor giving fast readings

David L. Johnson wrote:
Dorfus Dippintush wrote:
Jason Spaceman wrote:
I have a Polar s720i HRM with the speed sensor and cadence sensor
mounted on my road bike.
Is this a...
Forum: Techniques August 13th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Colin Campbell
Why does a spoke get "loose"?

Art Harris wrote:
Colin Campbell wrote:

Luckily, the spokes are flat bladed (which is no doubt
why I'm SOOO fast!), so I could check for torsion. I just went out and
overtightened the...
Forum: Techniques August 13th 07, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Colin Campbell
Why does a spoke get "loose"?

Nate Knutson wrote:
On Aug 12, 6:37 pm, Colin Campbell wrote:
I have a 2006 Trek 5200 with the Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I upgraded
the componentry to Campy Record,...
Forum: Techniques August 13th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Colin Campbell
Why does a spoke get "loose"?

Hank Wirtz wrote:
On Aug 12, 6:37 pm, Colin Campbell wrote:
I have a 2006 Trek 5200 with the Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I upgraded
the componentry to Campy Record,...
Forum: Techniques August 13th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Colin Campbell
Why does a spoke get "loose"?

I have a 2006 Trek 5200 with the Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I upgraded
the componentry to Campy Record, and Trek exchanged the wheels fro
Shimano to Campy compatible at no cost. The wheels are...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 07, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 265
Posted By Colin Campbell
Raleigh CF bike recall

Ozark Bicycle wrote:
On Aug 9, 9:03 pm, jim beam wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:04:49 -0500, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
Forum: Racing August 10th 07, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 46
Posted By Colin Campbell
Bonds-baseball vs Landis-cycling

wrote:
present. A game played in 1948 is equal to a game played in 2007.

This is very interesting. Don't they try to improve the material that
the bat and the ball...
Forum: Techniques August 9th 07, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Colin Campbell
Need source for 2006 Eurus silver front spoke

Michigan John wrote:
Can anybody help me find out where to buy spokes for my 2006 Campy Eurus
silver front wheel?

John

John,
Try this:
CAMPAGNOLO USA INC. 2105-L Camino Vida...
Forum: Techniques July 31st 07, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Colin Campbell
Trek Madone 5.2 versus Fuji Team Pro

Josh wrote:
I've been riding an old Trek 330 steal frame bike and want to upgrade.
I've narrowed it down to a 2006 (I might be able to swing a 2007)
Madone 5.2 and a 2007 Fuji Team Pro. I can...
Forum: Techniques July 29th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Colin Campbell
New helmet

Sirrus Rider wrote:
Just picked up a Specailized Air 3 Helmet. What do you do with the extra
little red pads that come with it?? I noticed that ther is no padding at
the back of the helmet;...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 07, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Colin Campbell
Who makes shoes for narrow feet?

Scott Gordo wrote:
On Jul 26, 10:58 pm, Colin Campbell wrote:
I have a pair of Sidi Genius 5 narrow shoes. They are an improvement
for me over Sidi's standard width...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 07, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

JeffWills wrote:
On Jul 26, 6:58 pm, Colin Campbell wrote:
I have a pair of Sidi Genius 5 narrow shoes. They are an improvement
for me over Sidi's standard width...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 07, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

A Muzi wrote:
Colin Campbell wrote:
I have a pair of Sidi Genius 5 narrow shoes. They are an improvement
for me over Sidi's standard width shoes.

I've been wondering whether there are...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 07, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Colin Campbell
Who makes shoes for narrow feet?

I have a pair of Sidi Genius 5 narrow shoes. They are an improvement
for me over Sidi's standard width shoes.

I've been wondering whether there are any other choices out there. Sidi
doesn't...
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Colin Campbell
Le Tour de Farce

Great stage today; the leader, Michael Rasmussen, from Denmark, reacts
to several attacks from the Discovery Channel team, then takes off at
the last kilometer to beat the 4th place guy by 26...
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 22
Posted By Colin Campbell
Recent positive tests stretch Lance Armstrong's credibility further?

Darn Good Intelligence wrote:
It seems that, as many suspected, doping is so endemic in cycling that
the people who *don't* use EPO are probably in the minority. LA never
tested positive for...
Forum: Racing July 22nd 07, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Colin Campbell
Los Angeles area riding/racing scene?

wrote:
For various reasons I am considering moving to the LA area for a few
years. A prerequisite is good cycling and racing. Obviously anywhere
that has such nice...
Forum: Techniques July 13th 07, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By Colin Campbell
Trek TCT vs OCLV?

Alan Hoyle wrote:
I know the TCT is made in Taiwan and the OCLV in Minnesota. Is there
any difference in their reliability and/or the warranty?

-alan

Might be a good question to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 120