Showing results 1 to 25 of 285
Search took 0.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: peter
Forum: Techniques January 1st 09, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By peter
Negotiating With Insurance Company

On Jan 1, 12:11*pm, Brian Huntley wrote:
On Jan 1, 10:52*am, slide wrote:

Steve Sr. wrote:

I would like to be reimbursed...
Forum: General January 1st 09, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46

On Jan 1, 10:52*am, slide wrote:

Steve Sr. wrote:

I would like to be reimbursed...
Forum: Techniques December 31st 08, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By peter
Negotiating With Insurance Company

On Dec 30, 5:50*pm, Steve Sr. wrote:

I would like to be reimbursed for replacement for my damaged property
and bike components. Any idea as to whether the insurance company...
Forum: General December 31st 08, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46
Posted By peter
Negotiating With Insurance Company

On Dec 30, 5:50*pm, Steve Sr. wrote:

I would like to be reimbursed for replacement for my damaged property
and bike components. Any idea as to whether the insurance company...
Forum: Techniques December 30th 08, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By peter
Is this a frameup ?

On Dec 30, 2:19*pm, wrote:
Hi,
is this a frameup or reel ?http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/BrotherSBikeCrash?authkey=iOs1rM3M...
I am very skeptical, why ?
The poor...
Forum: Techniques December 29th 08, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By peter
More on lights.

On Dec 28, 6:24*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

You may not be familiar with the notorious Derby case, where the
plaintiff's legal team (including expert witness John Forester)...
Forum: Techniques December 28th 08, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By peter
Running cassette and chain until both totally shot

On Dec 27, 9:43*pm, wrote:
Peter Rathman wrote:
I seem to remember an online article about Freddie Hoffman, that
noted that his chains lasted around 3000...
Forum: Techniques December 28th 08, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Dec 27, 8:49*am, DougC wrote:

I seem to remember an online article about Freddie Hoffman, that noted
that his chains lasted around 3000 miles (how many days would...
Forum: Techniques December 27th 08, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By peter
Running cassette and chain until both totally shot

On Dec 26, 4:12*pm, MajorBob wrote:
I just let my chain wear a little too much and now need a new
cassette. I figure I will keep the old cassete for when the chain...
Forum: General December 24th 08, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By peter
Need 1 inch diameter seatpost??

On Dec 23, 7:29*pm, mm wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 17:54:50 -0800 (PST), peter
wrote:

www.speedymetals.comhas aluminum tubing for sale in...
Forum: General December 24th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By peter
Need 1 inch diameter seatpost??

On Dec 23, 3:37*pm, mm wrote:
I need an extra-long seatpost for a cheap bike that uses a 1 inch
diameter post. *The entire length. It doesn't get smaller at the seat.
Forum: General December 20th 08, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By peter
Backpack or Rucksack for Folding Bike

On Dec 19, 9:15*am, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:
wrote: *(clip) I wonder how reliable they are? "
Can anybody answer that last question for me? I'd think,...
Forum: Techniques December 19th 08, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By peter
Another light experiment: cyclist advantage over pedestrians

On Dec 19, 11:40*am, Andre Jute wrote:
On Dec 19, 7:07*pm, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote: (clip) *Unfortunately for your

Forum: General December 16th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By peter
NHTSA publishes 2007 bike fatality data

On Dec 16, 10:32*am, Peter Cole wrote:
peter wrote:
On Dec 15, 11:00 pm, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:
Frank Krygowski...
Forum: General December 16th 08, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By peter
NHTSA publishes 2007 bike fatality data

On Dec 15, 11:00*pm, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:
Frank Krygowski considered Mon, 15 Dec 2008

My interest is driven by a paradox: Bicycling is not...
Forum: Techniques December 9th 08, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By peter
Air Zounds bike horn: winter performance

On Dec 8, 12:43*pm, Keiron wrote:
On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 07:52:53 -0800, wrote:
On Dec 6, 12:07*pm, Keiron wrote:
Hello...
Forum: Techniques December 6th 08, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By peter
Another Lifetime Non-Warranty

On Dec 5, 9:03*pm, "ZBicyclist" wrote:
Tim McNamara wrote:
Most likely REI just eats the cost and sells the item for pennies
on
the dollar at the monthly...
Forum: General December 6th 08, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 70

Tim McNamara wrote:
Most likely REI just eats the cost and sells the item for pennies
on
the dollar at the monthly...
Forum: Techniques December 4th 08, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By peter
RST #541: Why does the stem stick out forward?

On Dec 3, 10:43*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Peter Rathman wrote:
[...]
Use of a negative stem extension would also change the steering feel.
A push to the...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 08, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By peter
RST #541: Why does the stem stick out forward?

On Dec 3, 1:43*pm, pm wrote:
On Dec 3, 11:25*am, peter wrote:

When I sit on my bike and give a push on the end of the handlebars
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 08, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By peter
RST #541: Why does the stem stick out forward?

On Dec 3, 11:18*am, Andre Jute wrote:
On Dec 3, 4:00 pm, peter wrote:

On Dec 3, 8:44 am, Andre Jute wrote:

Really...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 08, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 94
Posted By peter
RST #541: Why does the stem stick out forward?

On Dec 3, 8:44*am, Andre Jute wrote:
Really Stupid Question No. 541:
Why does the stem stick out forward?

Why does no one buy a bike with a longer than necessary top tube...
Forum: Techniques November 20th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By peter
Short chainstays. Why not long ones?

On Nov 20, 6:07*am, Ben Pfaff wrote:
"Mike Jacoubowsky" writes:
Just to understand the battleground, how do you quantify the
definitions of...
Forum: Techniques November 17th 08, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 115
Posted By peter
Wheels for 700lb guy?

On Nov 16, 4:42*pm, wrote:
Ok, I don't weigh 700 pounds. *I weigh a solid 300. I don't care about
the weight of my rims, I care only about strength and fatigue
performance. *...
Forum: Techniques November 12th 08, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By peter
Traffic Loop Sensor Trigger For Bikes

On Nov 11, 6:34*pm, Patrick Lamb wrote:
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:52:11 -0800, Mike Rocket J Squirrel

wrote:
On 11/11/2008 1:56 PM...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 285