Showing results 1 to 25 of 198
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: boisei
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By boisei
Christmas goodies thread

Stephen;1159513 wrote:
My wife got me this amazing custom KH 36 with the Ti hub, magnesium
pedals and a sweet two tone paint job.

That's beautiful. Enjoy!
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By boisei
Pictures of your latest ride

Riding down the local sledding hill on my Torker 29 in the snow. Bad
phone camera pic, but I think it captures it...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By boisei
Uni Claus Yard Cut Out

coolest thing I've seen all week

--
boisei
boisei's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16116

I've only had one occasion in 20 years when I was told not to bring my
uni into a store, and since then at that store I've just thrown it into
a shopping cart and strolled on in :D

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 123
Posted By boisei
UDC's Twelve Days of Christmas!

Jeremy R;1145063 wrote:
That is a terrible thing. A qr clamp? please.

Something about gift horses and mouths ...

--
boisei
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Ducttape;1144831 wrote:
I'm still commuting daily too! not quite as far as you but still. That
is the general response. I got some angry looks as I passed some bike
commuters and beat them off...
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By boisei
To get the NIMBUS 36" or the UDC 36" --- ???

UDC 36r is a nice unicycle. I started on one back when it had the steel
rim. With the alloy rim now it's a great uni. I have a purple Nimbus
frame now, but mainly because I upgraded to the newer...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By boisei
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Winter has settled in here in the Pacific Northwest. The
fair-weatherers have put their cycles away until sunnier days and only
the hardy and determined are out commuting on their cycles. And...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By boisei
How to use unicycling to fight childhood obesity

This from last Summer. At this point we were still just getting used to
the unicycle. Now that her feet can reach the pedals and she likes to
"ride" on it I think I can start moving toward the idea...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By boisei
How to use unicycling to fight childhood obesity

JustOneWheel;1143894 wrote:
Thanks.

For example:
My son Ziggy(27mo) started by holding my right hand (w/his right hand)
while I held the saddle with my left (being on his right side). He...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By boisei
How to use unicycling to fight childhood obesity

Is that a cut down Sun 12"? That's how I went about making a uni for my
toddler. I gave it to her last December for Christmas, although only
this last week did I discover her feet could finally...
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By boisei
Red Menace 36 update

boisei;1140679 wrote:
If one wanted to commission a build like this would Dave Stockton still
be the guy to go to?

Hrm, apparently not.

"11 May 2008 -- LiveWire Unicycles is on hold...
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 08, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By boisei
Red Menace 36 update

The more I look at the options, I think this is the sort of GUni I'd
like. What it lacks in ready availability it gains in maintainability.
What it lacks in push-button shifting it gains in...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By boisei
Just bought a KH36

chuckaeronut;1137020 wrote:

I agree though, something ultimately more awesome..er than a T7 is
necessary.......

I'm currently gathering up the parts needed to build up this piece...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By boisei
Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

boisei;1136982 wrote:
Congrats on the ride!

I'm already in there, it's all good.

Hrm ... or not ...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By boisei
Pictures of your latest ride

My buddy brycer1968 made the Arizona Daily Star's slideshow of El Tour
De Tucson.

http://azstarnet.com/special/eltour

and click 2008 El Tour, with the winner arms upheld

or you might be able to...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By boisei
Brand new broken Schlumpf

New Schlumpf? Borked or no, where do I get me one of those??

Bummer about your hub. I haven't heard about one of these cases not
being resolved though. There is hope.

boisei
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By boisei
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

No experience myself but I am so on board with trying it out. Saddle
soreness did not begin to describe what I felt on Saturday's long ride.
Contrary to all expectations, 109 miles on a...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By boisei
Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

Congrats on the ride!

constance.cotter;1136933 wrote:

The updated list:
boisei --- what is your real name?
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By boisei
Who has completed a 100 mile ride?

unijuul;1107714 wrote:
I wonder how many on the list has completed more than one 100 mile
ride?

tomblackwood;1108024 wrote:
Bruce Dawson has, and I guess technically you could say...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By boisei
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Ducttape;1136649 wrote:
wow, once again I'm impressed. I think your tire/tube problems might
have something to do with running it over recommended PSI and possibly a
shifted rim strip or sharp...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By boisei
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Ducttape;1136625 wrote:
Sounds like other than the tire incedent you had an awesome time on the
ride.

Awesome time all around. The tire bit was a part of the grand
adventure.

But yes. I...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By boisei
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

On my way back from Tucson, I sat next to a fit looking guy who was
reading some literature we got at the expo for El Tour De Tucson.
Figuring that he was a rider, I started a conversation. He was...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 08, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By boisei
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

"You must have lost a bet." - one of many on today's 109 mile El Tour De
Tucson

--
boisei
boisei's Profile:...

Tire in hand! My phone browser won't let me post a picture of the
triumphant handoff, and my connection is spotty enough that I should
just get this message off. So many people pitched into the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 198