Showing results 1 to 25 of 56
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: zogola
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By zogola
newbie advice

Two things:

2. Hit the search function hard, there are plenty of posts on your
topic.

Kurt

--
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6

Its *your* speech so I think you should figure out for yourself what it
should cover. Ahh, if only the internet existed when I was in school...
I could have slept even more.:p

Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By zogola
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

Monocyclism-
I enjoyed your videos very much. For me its more fun to watch a
beginner "getting it" than it is to ride myself. Seems to me you made
faster progress than most. Looks like a beautiful...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By zogola
Close Call

Wow, nasty! Looks like the snow literally saved your neck. It must be
hard for you to watch the video! Glad you are alright.

Kurt

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By zogola
How to arrange an indoor riding location...

How does someone go about lining up an indoor riding location? There
are many local schools that might work out great but I have to think
they would all be very hesitant to allow unicycles on their...
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By zogola
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

Thanks everybody, your input has been really helpful. I'm taking notes
here... Better gloves, wrist protection, taping paired fingers, basic
martial arts, don't make a fist, stay relaxed, avoid...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By zogola
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

Aside from becoming a Ninja Unicyclist, does anyone have any additional
suggestions for eating it without breaking it?

Kurt

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By zogola
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

I've heard it said that clowns feed on fear.

Kurt

--
zogola
zogola's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/17893
Replies: 49
Posted By zogola
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

Tyler_N;1152910 wrote:
you could become a ninja if you think that will help. Its worked out
great for me. jk. i wish i was a ninja

Perhaps Ninja Unicyclist is just the job description I've...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By zogola
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

MuniAddict;1152888 wrote:
Ok, here's a nice little 4 set for yee! :p

30236

Nobody would call me a sissy for calling it quits at a 2 set, would
they?:p
Kurt
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By zogola
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

Jerrick;1152874 wrote:
Take a few martial arts classes. A lot of them will have classes just on
learning how to fall and roll. Doesnt take years of classes either.

Does it take a long time...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By zogola
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

I think I'll draw the line at 4 sets. And no tractors.:D

--
zogola
zogola's Profile:...
Replies: 49
Posted By zogola
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

MuniAddict;1152850 wrote:
'Dakine wrist guards ' (http://tinyurl.com/48w3np)are excellent and can
be worn UNDER your gloves. They provide wrist and palm protection. And
when falling the worst...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By zogola
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

hungry4uni;1152856 wrote:
Take 2 and a half years of gymnastics.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that as an otherwise fairly inactive 39 year
old, I tend to fold more than I bend!:rolleyes: Good...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By zogola
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

A couple weeks ago I ate it pretty badly. I've just gotten to a point
in learning to unicycle where I'm wanting to try things I never tried 20
years ago when I used to ride. I tried riding off an...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By zogola
Re-Newbing

Welcome Tiki Pirate!

There are a surprising number of members here who, like you and I, rode
a lot years ago and have found their way back to the uni. I don't have
a lot to add to your uni...
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By zogola
new to unicycling

You are definitely going to need a longer hallway:D

Kurt

--
zogola
zogola's Profile:...

I've been using Odyssey Twisted PCs. They are a bit bigger than what
came on my uni, probably alot bigger than what is on your 16". Great
traction, in fact almost too good as it gives me some...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By zogola
new to unicycling

I'd probably have your boyfriend in front of you. That way he can keep
you from falling forward onto that arm. You may be surprised at how
many unicyclists are in your area... I'll shut up now,...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By zogola
new to unicycling

As for starting in a hallway, I'd suggest putting a 2X4 or something
behind your tire and putting the pedals at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. You
are correct that when the unicycle shoots out in front of...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By zogola
new to unicycling

Welcome to unicycling! You covered alot in your short intro, much of
which is answered he

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64940

Its a long one but there is a whole lot of good...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By zogola
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I got my first quotable comment today. An older lady pulled into the
parking lot where I was riding and said "You do really well on that
thing, I've often wondered how hard it is to ride one of...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By zogola
got the 20" ... practice going good

I was just thinking about you a few days ago. I was afraid you may have
thrown in the towel! Good to hear you are still at it and making
headway with the new setup. Keep us posted.

Kurt

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By zogola
How do you set your uni on fire...safely?

johnfoss;1148035 wrote:
I think the question itself is an oxymoron...

Emphasis on moron. Sorry, it was just so easy to go there.

Kurt
Forum: Unicycling November 18th 08, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By zogola
Revised Nimbus II Frame

1-wheeled-grape;1132748 wrote:
when I get a KH frame I'm definitely doing this, and then a custom paint
job! :cool:

Maybe he means that he also has a Nimbus II and once he has a KH he
will...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 56