Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dien Cai Dau
Forum: Rides May 6th 09, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Offering limited support for Coast to Coast on ACA maps.

"-RB" wrote in message ...
Hello to anyone who may be interested in a limited support coast to
coast bicycle...
Forum: General March 20th 09, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 53
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
You Still Don't Want to Wear a Helmet??

Natasha Richardson, a Tony Award-winning actress whose career melded
glamorous celebrity with the bloodline of theater royalty, died Wednesday at
Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan. She had suffered...
Forum: Rides March 17th 09, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Sea to Shining Sea Support

If you are going to Yorktown, VA you are neither going to the coast, nor are
you dipping your front wheels into the Atlantic Ocean. Yorktown is on the
York River, which empties into the Chesapeake...
Forum: General January 30th 09, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
An AAA for cyclists?

"Neil Brooks" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 4:08 pm, " wrote:
Forum: General October 24th 08, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Random commuter bike pics.

wrote in message
Ended up taking a train ride on the day my new camera came in, so I
took pics of...
Forum: General October 3rd 08, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Best pedal for recessed cleats?

When you say "SPD type" do you mean Shimano SPD pedals, or do you mean
someone else's pedals that are SPD clones? If the latter, that may be part
of your problem. I have been using Shimano SPD's...
Forum: Rides May 19th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Virginia Creeper Trail

wrote in message ...
My husband and I are planning to be in the area of the Virginia
Creeper Trail in...
Forum: Rides April 9th 08, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Hampton Rodes Area Riders

You didn't say where in Hampton you are starting, or where in Williamsburg
you want to end, so the best I can suggest to take Jefferson Ave (Rt 143)
[turns into US 60 just past Ft Eustis after...
Forum: General October 6th 07, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Are narrower tires really more efficient?

I am riding the stock 700x38c tires that came on my road bike; right now
riding circuits of 20 to 30 or more miles, trying to work up to riding
century tours.

I have been told that if I changed to...
Forum: General September 24th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Bike in Vietnam

"traveltolao" wrote in message
Vietnam is a beautiful country . . .

Wish all a happy cycling in...
Forum: Rides August 8th 07, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 9
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Ladies...skirt question

I would suggest riding in shorts, trousers, leggings, etc with your skirt in
your backpack, saddle bags, pannier, etc -- when you get to your destination
go into the washroom and change.

"Nicki...
Forum: Rides August 8th 07, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 11
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
GPS for cycling

I am also using the Garmin eTrex Legend, with MetroGuide--North America (v6)
software, and with a handlebar mounting bracket. Whenever I can get cue
sheet for a group ride ahead of time I program...
Forum: General July 3rd 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
What is bonking?

"Jeremy Parker" wrote in message

[snip]

Diabetics also get the bonk, I believe, or hypoglycaemia, if they...
Forum: UK June 22nd 07, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.satellite.gps,rec.bicycles.misc,sci.geo.satellite-nav,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Bike GPS - suggestions?

I don't know what the capabilities are of your mobile phone pretending to be
a GPS receiver -- I stick my cell (mobile) phone in the pocket of my jersey
for emergency communications and use a...
Forum: General June 22nd 07, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.satellite.gps,rec.bicycles.misc,sci.geo.satellite-nav,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Bike GPS - suggestions?

I don't know what the capabilities are of your mobile phone pretending to be
a GPS receiver -- I stick my cell (mobile) phone in the pocket of my jersey
for emergency communications and use a...
Forum: General June 19th 07, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
More taking bike to bus

Tidewater Regional Transit (TRT) in Norfolk, VA also equips its buses with
bicycle racks.

A couple of weeks ago I had a blowout in my rear tire. Apparently my spare
was too old, because when I...
Forum: Rides May 24th 07, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Dien Cai Dau
Warrington Tour de Cure? no thanks, GL.

And how did his appearance at the Landis hearing damage the credibility of
either the ADA or the TdC?

If you turned in the donations you collected for TdC but boycotted the ride
itself, all you...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17