Showing results 1 to 25 of 151
Search took 0.78 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rowan
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 85
Posted By Rowan
A warning on pipe-cutters

GizmoDuck;1169703 wrote:
Throw away the pipe cutter and get a hacksaw guide. It'll save you alot
of heartache and trouble. It's actually just as quick to cut down your
post.

Next thing you...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Rowan
Titanium Hub?

danger_uni;1169497 wrote:
the main difference is weight.

I disagree- I think the main difference is the price. If you compare the
difference in price to the difference in weight you will find the...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Rowan
Too many flats... here's one solution.

jtrops;1169312 wrote:
The Big Apple is supposed to have a kevlar belt in it to prevent flats.
My thought is that if it is working at all I must be riding on the worst
section of road ever.

I...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Rowan
Titanium Hub?

GizmoDuck;1169301 wrote:
There are a couple of other advantages of Ti you haven't pointed out:
-It's expensive :p You don't buy an expensive sportscar because it is
slightly better at getting...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Rowan
Cop impounded my 36er! Got it on FILM!!!

MuniAddict;1169187 wrote:
I was riding my 36er along a bike path earlier today, when I was stopped
by a cop-but there was something about this guy that just didn't seem
right. Long story...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Rowan
Titanium Hub?

gerblefranklin;1168445 wrote:
. I believe Tony Melton already broke a hub in this fashion.

Tony too?
You might be talking about 'Joe...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 840
Posted By Rowan
Post Your Unis Here!

I have plenty.

|Filename: Rowan's unicycle lineup.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Rowan
Titanium Hub?

hungry4uni;1168406 wrote:
I have a question about the Ti hub. What is the weight difference
between it and the regular KH hub (08)?

According to Unicycle.co.uk

Kris Holm Titanium ISIS Hub...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Rowan
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

GizmoDuck;1167893 wrote:
I don't think the people who race are consciously thinking about drag.
I know I don't. I'd rather position my body in a way which get's the
most power and stability,...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Rowan
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

GizmoDuck;1167349 wrote:
At over 20km/hr, what are your chances of running out of a UPD? Either
way, you will end up on the ground. In fact, I think one of the reasons
why unicyclists have...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Rowan
I broke my T7

Eventually my replacement handle broke. I got them both repaired at
about the same cost as getting another new handle, although that
included brazing the waterbottle holder bolts back onto one of...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Rowan
SS 14g 36er Spokes breaking

corbin;1050795 wrote:
Make sure they use brass washers on the elbow end. I had a coker wheel
build without them, and broke a lot of spokes.

Thank you for that advice. I asked for them at my...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Rowan
1 foot wheel walk. need tips

1wheelwonder;1164957 wrote:
I can't lean back, I fall off but when I lean forwards, I fall off
anyway, any tips?

Leaning slightly forwards is the right thing to do, but you need to make
the...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Rowan
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

TimeTraveler;1160631 wrote:
I've been trying to freemount in my basement over xmas break, doing
longer sessions, and I'm not getting it. Achingly close, but no
improvement. I can land about...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 10:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Rowan
How fast is an ungeared 36" for an avg rider

saskatchewanian;1148479 wrote:
I average around 19 km/h and don't like going over about 28 on the
downhills. Fastest I have gone would probably be in the low/mid 30s and
my sprinting speed is...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Rowan
How to use unicycling to fight childhood obesity

I've thought about cutting down a 12" to allow shorter and younger
riders to learn, maybe one day when I have another 12" I will do it
(I've only got 2).

JustOneWheel;1143894 wrote:
For people...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Rowan
Which spoke gauge is best for KH29 MUni?

saskatchewanian;1143017 wrote:
Probably the best would be a 13/14G butted spoke.

I used M3 stainless steel washers to solve the problem of the 14g spokes
being too small for the 13g holes in the...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 08, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Rowan
A must see thread!!!

'What inspired you.' (http://tinyurl.com/463nu)

'How did you get started?'

'How'd ya get into...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Rowan
Round Crown Aluminum Frame

joemarshall;1130839 wrote:
I'd worry a bit about strength of those frames - it isn't like they get
their strength tested ever, as on the original cycles, the hub axle
detaches from the flanges...
Forum: Unicycling November 10th 08, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 65
Posted By Rowan
AUS unicyclist attempts frontflip.

joemarshall;1128664 wrote:
I would guess a helmet would be no good in a frontflip injury, if you
pile down onto the ground head first, having a helmet isn't going to do
anything to help your...
Forum: Unicycling November 10th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Rowan
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

"I'm going to do Three Mountain" said Ruby enthusiastically referring to
her attempts at freemounting before learning to ride. I've explained to
her what freemounting is but yet she seems to remember...
Forum: Unicycling November 10th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By Rowan
Unicon XV who is going?

UnICycleRoCKs;1127755 wrote:
I may need to get me a giraffe instead of a trials unicycle and learn to
juggle on it :)

I advise you to learn juggling either on the ground or on a...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Rowan
Slowest learners?

dtecum;1063605 wrote:
I am probably the slowest to relearn the uni. I started last Sept. and
my best ride is about 50 yards. I can't seem to keep my weight on the
seat and my legs are still...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Rowan
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

rob.northcott;1125184 wrote:
When I bought my Stealth rim (Nightrider is just the name of the tyres I
think) there was a choice of anodised black or powder-coat white - is
that not still the...
Forum: Unicycling November 4th 08, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By Rowan
Unicon XV who is going?

I'll be staying. No need to go anywhere when it will come to me! If any
of my students are brave and lucky enough they might attend too.

--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 151