Showing results 1 to 25 of 321
Search took 0.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tom Sherman °_°
Forum: Techniques June 30th 09, 11:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
How To Bust Bike Shop Dreams

Andrew Muzi wrote:
bicycle_disciple wrote:
"As long as you're going to think anyway, think big."
- Donald Trump

Be cautious. Have you ever found yourself, that day, fooling around in
Forum: Social Issues June 30th 09, 03:41 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 12
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Mountain Biking is Being presented as a Healthy Sport for Kids!

Opus the Poet wrote:
On Jun 28, 4:41 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
http://diy.despair.com/output/poster4291481.jpg
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is...
Forum: Techniques June 30th 09, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Jay Beattie wrote:
I was riding some elf trails on my cross-bike along with my son (who
was on a borrowed and too small MTB) and thought maybe its time to
spring for a couple of MTBs. Must be...
Forum: Techniques June 30th 09, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Good Bang/Buck Mt Bike

Jay Beattie wrote:
I was riding some elf trails[...]

What is an "elf trail"?

Extremely Low Frequency?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

"landotter" wrote:
[...]
About the only thing I do with helmets is help folks fit them right to
themselves and their kiddies. They can certainly prevent some
lacerations, if ya don't wear...
Forum: General June 30th 09, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Breezer makes a range of folding bike sizes!

Jym Dyer wrote:
= SMS
I guess they're content to address 99% of the world's
population.

= Tom Sherman
Unlike some of the competing small folders which would NOT fit
many adult...
Forum: Techniques June 30th 09, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Bought a Made in the U.S.A. Trek Today

RonSonic aka Ron Bales wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:04:37 -0700, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

"Peter Cole" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques June 29th 09, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 701
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
For Frank Krygowski's helmet files

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT aka John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:18:36 -0500, "Sandy" wrote:

Walking has a much lower horizontal velocity. ...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 09, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 251
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Mavic

On 2009-06-27, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
Ben C? wrote:
[...]
2. Stabilization would reduce residual stress.[...]

I can understand...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 09, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 251
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Mavic

Ben C? wrote:
[...]
2. Stabilization would reduce residual stress.[...]

I can understand sticking up for Jobst (and I try to avoid personal
abuse) but not to the extent of accepting things...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 09, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 251
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Mavic

someone, most likely Trevor Jeffrey, wrote:
[...]
I doubt it could be done. Once dynamic bending of the spokes has been
minimised with normalisation of the workhardened areas then the milage
Forum: Techniques June 27th 09, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Fragile presta valves

aka Jobst Brandt wrote:
[...]
Of course the knurled nut works well only on rims with flat backs and
for those who inflate tires with a push-on inflation chuck. ...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 09, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 251
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Mavic

On 2009-06-24, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
Ben C?...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 09, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 701
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
OT - Kitlers

Dan Overman wrote:
[...]Hitler![...]

See http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigmiaow.pl.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 27th 09, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 35
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Vented Discs

Opus the Poet wrote:
On Jun 25, 10:24 pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Opus aka DC wrote:
[...]
I have seen bicycles that set their brakes on fire...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 09, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 116
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Vented Discs

Opus the Poet wrote:
On Jun 25, 10:24 pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Opus aka DC wrote:
[...]
I have seen bicycles that set their brakes on fire...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 09, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 701
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
For Frank Krygowski's helmet files

Andrew Muzi wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
They neglect the fact that there are only 750 bike fatalities
in the US in a given year, and even if (as sometimes...
Forum: Techniques June 27th 09, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 701
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
For Frank Krygowski's helmet files

Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT aka John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:53:40 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Fearmongers use America's...
Forum: Techniques June 25th 09, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 251
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Mavic

On 2009-06-24, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
Ben C? wrote:
[...]
To your knowledge, does anyone make welded 4130 chro-mo frames (apart
from...
Forum: Techniques June 25th 09, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 116
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Vented Discs

Opus aka DC wrote:
[...]
I have seen bicycles that set their brakes on fire stopping after a
straight line run on level ground, at Battle Mountain NV.[...]

Presumably the full streamliners...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 25th 09, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 35
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Vented Discs

Opus aka DC wrote:
[...]
I have seen bicycles that set their brakes on fire stopping after a
straight line run on level ground, at Battle Mountain NV.[...]

Presumably the full streamliners...
Forum: Techniques June 25th 09, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Oversize Innertubes

"landotter" wrote:
[...]
Got any mackerels?

I have a mackerel tabby:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/19704682@N08/3028862328/sizes/l/in/set-72157619268931787/.

--
Tom Sherman -...
Forum: Techniques June 25th 09, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

aka Russell Seaton wrote:
[...] Next time I get over to Europe for riding it will
be purely for pleasure riding. Eating and drinking (wine adn beer)
every night and...
Forum: Techniques June 25th 09, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 251
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Mavic

Ben C? wrote:
[...]
To your knowledge, does anyone make welded 4130 chro-mo frames (apart
from Henry James apparently)? Or are they using air hardening materials?
(Or brazing 4130, but you...
Forum: General June 25th 09, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 62
Posted By Tom Sherman °_°
Tell Congressman Cantor to quit bashing bike-ped

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman °_° writes:
Tom Keats wrote: