Showing results 1 to 25 of 67
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chuck Anderson
Forum: Rides October 9th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 8
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Metric? Or, standard?

wrote:
Hello,

When you cyclists go for rides, what unit of measurement do you use?
Kilometers or miles?

"When in Rome ..... "

--
Forum: Rides October 5th 08, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 15

Thomas, Spring Point Light wrote:

I was just looking at the Permormance Bike web page,, looking at
headlights.. they have a few on sale.

I got to thinking .. some of you must have...
Forum: Rides July 25th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 13
Posted By Chuck Anderson
vigilante bicyclist - actually concerned citizen

RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 24, 6:43 pm, Chuck Anderson wrote:

RicodJour wrote:

Forum: Rides July 24th 08, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides

RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 24, 9:15 am, "Bill Cotton" wrote:

The Daily show reports on a vigilante bicyclist in Washington...
Forum: Rides June 13th 08, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Snow Pack at Higher Elevations

In article ,
tcd wrote:

Hey All, I'm scheduled to hit the Colorado Trail at Waterton Canyon
out side of...
Forum: Rides February 21st 08, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Euro-newbie seeks suggestions

Dennis P. Harris wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:36:22 -0700 in rec.bicycles.rides, Chuck
Anderson wrote:

3. A potential itinerary would have me fly through...
Forum: Rides February 21st 08, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Euro-newbie seeks suggestions

Dave Rusin wrote:
So this year, as I contemplate my annual long bike ride, I am also
planning a business trip, and I realized I could combine both. But
there are logistical questions I've...
Forum: Rides February 5th 08, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Sheldon Brown RIP

One of the all time greats of the bicycling community has died. Surely
everyone here, at one time or another, has found great value in Sheldon
Brown's many wise and witty contributions to the...
Forum: Rides January 9th 08, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Colorado Question

Jeff Orum wrote:
This would be Mosquito Pass, the highest pass in the Continental US at
13,185 feet.

I've "cycled" over it a few times in each direction. It is a four
wheel drive jeep...
Forum: Rides December 2nd 07, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Lighting

Robert Norton wrote:
There's a big variety of lighting systems cheap and dear. I dont want
anything that will light up a dark moorland road. Just something to make me
safe at night in...
Forum: Rides October 12th 07, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 17
Posted By Chuck Anderson
San Diego climbs - was Colorodo Climb Routes

wrote:
On Sep 27, 6:01 pm, Chuck Anderson wrote:

wrote:

It was 33 miles and about 8000 feet of climbing. ...
Forum: Rides October 9th 07, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Cycle Touring Python Style

I'm still surprised to see what s available on YouTube. So, for you
that have never seen it, or those who have not seen it in many a year
(and especially for you, Mike, a nostalgic look back at...
Forum: Rides October 5th 07, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 15
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Across the US in 2008

wrote:
Ken Roberts wrote:

* Colorado's western half is generally full of "highest X" and "highest Y",
so if you want to...
Forum: Rides September 28th 07, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 17
Posted By Chuck Anderson
San Diego climbs - was Colorodo Climb Routes

wrote:
On Aug 31, 2:26 pm, "Doug" wrote:

Hi everyone .. thinking about a trip to Colorado next summer to ride some US
climbs. Been over all the...

wrote:
On Aug 31, 2:26 pm, "Doug" wrote:

Hi everyone .. thinking about a trip to Colorado next summer to ride some US
climbs. Been over all the...
Forum: Rides September 19th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 22
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Dealing with aggressive dogs while riding

What a bunch of wusses. Have some fun with them. Hammer, stay ahead and
encourage them to keep following you ..... .... right into the next
county (where'd Rover go?).

--...
Forum: Rides September 12th 07, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 10
Posted By Chuck Anderson
mirror for Trek 520

Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:
Chuck,,, have you ever used a helmet mirror?

Quite simply, ... no.

My first mirror was a Mirrycle brake hood model. A real pain to install
(on my road...
Forum: Rides September 12th 07, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 10
Posted By Chuck Anderson
mirror for Trek 520

oldguy wrote:
My wife has a new Trek 529 touring bike. Is there a mirror that will
fit on this bike. Any help will be appreciated.
Dave

Forum: Rides September 11th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 18
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Florida Keys and Souther Florida over New Year

Papa Tom wrote:
Even without ever being there in the winter, I am skeptical that heat
would be a problem. Proximity to the water is a big time temperature
moderator
Forum: Rides September 6th 07, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 17
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Colorodo Climb Routes

Doug wrote:
Hi everyone .. thinking about a trip to Colorado next summer to ride some US
climbs. Been over all the French and Italian big passes, time to check out
the home front. Can anyone...
Forum: Rides August 17th 07, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Meeting a rider who is just finishing a cross country tour ..

I can't reach it either. It looks like the server is down.

Otis wrote:
Are you able to access crazyguyonabike.com currently? I haven't been able to
for a couple days. Another individual who...
Forum: Rides July 20th 07, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Cyclist knocked off bike by traffic worker

bdbafh wrote:
On Jul 17, 7:22 pm, Chuck Anderson wrote:

... ahhhh, the cycling life .... [from the Boulder Daily Camera)

"...When one passed through the...
Forum: Rides July 18th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Cyclist knocked off bike by traffic worker

.... ahhhh, the cycling life .... [from the Boulder Daily Camera)

"A man working traffic control during a repaving project last week on
North Foothills Highway [US36 - a two lane highway north of...
Forum: Rides July 4th 07, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Chuck Anderson
Mt riding and good wheel rims

I don't if it's a symptom of doing all mountain (road) riding the last
three years, but I have again worn out another wheel rim (26" wheel on a
Bridgestone MB-1). The first time it was from using...
Forum: Techniques July 4th 07, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.tech