Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Forum: Techniques May 12th 12, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
MTB crankset with ~44mm chainline?

On May 11, 9:22*pm, Bill Siler wrote:
On May 11, 1:55*am, "

Forum: Techniques May 11th 12, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
MTB crankset with ~44mm chainline?

Hello everybody,

I need to lower the gearing of my Alfine 11 belt-driven bicycle and in
order to do that I will have to change the front sprocket from a 46t
5arm 130BCD to a 39t 4arm 104BCD...
Forum: Techniques October 5th 11, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bottom Bracket coming loose

Thank you all for your comments. To respond to some of them:

Chaincase: The metal plate fixed on the drive side of BB shell by the
BB itself was there before and is needed for the chaincase, which...
Forum: Techniques October 4th 11, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bottom Bracket coming loose

Hello Everybody,

Last week I replaced the OEM bottom bracket of my Nexus-3 equipped
city bike with a brand new Shimano BB-UN55 cartridge bottom bracket
(square, JIS, 118mm, 68mm, 1.37x24 - similar...
Forum: Techniques February 15th 11, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Mavic T519 vs Mavic A719

Hello everybody,

I have been given a chance of buying a pair of NOS Mavic T519 rims for
my touring bicycle at a very low price. I understand that these rims
have long been replaced by the T520 and...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 11, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Lube or Replace "dry" Shimano roller brake

On Jan 24, 1:17*pm, "
wrote:

Also, Shimano recommends a "special" roller brake grease for lubing
this roller brake. What is so special...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 11, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Lube or Replace "dry" Shimano roller brake

Hello there,

The rear roller brake (Shimano BR-IM41R) of my Nexus equipped city
bike has always been very weak. On closer inspection I noticed that
the plastic grease hole cap is missing and of...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 11, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Loud noise from single speed chain

John and all that contributed to answering my question,

I replaced the rear cog and .... problem solved! Pedaling is now silky
smooth. It was amazing how worn the old cog was. Finding the right
part...
Forum: Techniques January 20th 11, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Loud noise from single speed chain

On Jan 19, 8:33*pm, John Henderson wrote:
wrote:
- The noise is coming from the chainring and not the rear cog. When
each chain...
Forum: Techniques January 19th 11, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Loud noise from single speed chain

On Jan 18, 4:26*pm, "
wrote:
Hello there,

I just installed a KMC Z510RB 1/8" chain on my bicycle (internal gear
with Shimano...
Forum: Techniques January 18th 11, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Loud noise from single speed chain

Hello there,

I just installed a KMC Z510RB 1/8" chain on my bicycle (internal gear
with Shimano Nexus crankset FC-NX 75). The chain makes tremendous
noise when each link disengages (for some reason...
Forum: Techniques October 28th 08, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Adapter for "Dunlop" Valve

Hello everybody,

I recently moved to the Netherlands where most bikes use the Woods
(Dunlop) valve. The Presta side of my Topeak Joblow Sport floor pump
with the TwinHead fits but does not stay in...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12