Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Derek C
Forum: UK November 29th 13, 11:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 137
Posted By Derek C
0.045% of offences committed by cyclists

I think you mean that only 0.045% of successful prosecutions are against cyclists! Most of us see cyclists breaking the law all of the time - jumping red lights, riding on footpaths, riding at night...
Forum: UK November 27th 13, 03:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Derek C
Hit and run cyclist faces jail

I haven't been on this forum for a while and read about the hit and run cyclist in this morning's Times. I love the 'wanton and furious cycling' offence. It should have been applied to the young...
Forum: UK November 27th 13, 01:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Derek C
Hit and run cyclist faces jail

A hit and run cyclist who critically injured a girl aged 9 after he knocked her down on a pedestrian crossing is facing jail. He is being charged with causing grievous bodily harm by Wanton and...
Forum: UK December 19th 12, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Derek C
Cyclists live no longer than golfers!

On Dec 19, 8:57*am, PhilO wrote:
On Monday, December 17, 2012 11:03:08 PM UTC, Derek C wrote:
Please read the rest of the article! *Basically people who participate in...
Forum: UK December 18th 12, 12:03 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Derek C
Cyclists live no longer than golfers!

Please read the rest of the article! Basically people who participate in active sports at any level, or exercise regularly, live longer than those who don't. Even cyclists, even allowing for their...
Forum: UK December 16th 12, 09:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Derek C
Cyclists live no longer than golfers!

The biggest risk to golfers is being struck by lightning. Deaths for the reasons you quoted are almost non-existent, although may cause injuries.
Forum: UK December 15th 12, 04:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Derek C
Helmets explained in terms cyclists understand...

On 15 Dec, 12:03, Justin wrote:
On Dec 15, 12:11*pm, "John Benn" wrote:

"Dave - Cyclists VOR" *wrote in...
Forum: UK December 15th 12, 03:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Derek C
Cyclists live no longer than golfers!

See:

http://group.bmj.com/group/media/latest-news/olympians-live-longer-than-the-general-population-...-but-cyclists-have-no-survival-advantage-over-golfers

It seems that Olympians and people who...
Forum: UK November 23rd 12, 05:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Derek C
Cyclist v cyclist. The helicopter wins.

On Nov 22, 10:09*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
I wonder why they didn't call a bicycle ambulance or two?

Forum: UK November 23rd 12, 04:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Derek C
Cycling up, cycling accidents up more!

On Nov 22, 5:59*pm, "John Benn" wrote:
"Derek C" wrote in message

Forum: UK November 22nd 12, 08:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Derek C
Cyclist v cyclist. The helicopter wins.

I though that cyclists were only knocked off their bikes by 'car weapons'.!
Forum: UK November 22nd 12, 06:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Derek C
Cycling up, cycling accidents up more!

So much for the critical mass argument!
Forum: UK August 3rd 12, 06:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 261
Posted By Derek C
Cycle Helmets : Bradley Wiggins Speaks Out

Bradley Wiggins was speaking after a cyclist had been killed in a collision with a bus close to the Olympic Park. I am sure that he does a lot of his training on public roads, so he is well aware of...
Forum: UK November 14th 11, 08:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Derek C
An apology

On Nov 14, 7:38*pm, JNugent wrote:
On 14/11/2011 19:30, Derek C wrote:

On Nov 14, 5:50 pm, Dave - Cyclists
wrote:
On...
Forum: UK November 14th 11, 08:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Derek C
An apology

On Nov 14, 5:50*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
On 14/11/2011 04:43, Simon Mason wrote:

On Nov 14, 1:09 am, Derek *wrote:
Could...
Forum: UK November 14th 11, 02:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Derek C
An apology

Could I please apologise to the cyclist I cut up with my car at a
roundabout near the Watford Industrial Estate the other evening.
However if he had had any lights on his bike, I would have seen him...
Forum: UK October 23rd 11, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 55
Posted By Derek C
Cyclists are taking each other out too.

On Oct 23, 8:48*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Quote from an article (thickies like Simon cannot tell that quote marks mean
someone else said it)

"I WON'T lie, it's been a...
Forum: UK October 11th 11, 01:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Derek C
Is this accounted for in helmet testing?

On Oct 11, 1:29*pm, "Man at B&Q" wrote:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3nvytwx

MBQ

Another good job done by a cycle helmet! Bit hit side on by an
antelope must be...
Forum: UK October 11th 11, 12:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Derek C
Boris bike topples ambulance

On Oct 6, 4:15*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
I knew they were tough, but.................

http://www.london24.com/news/london_ambulance_in_crash_with_cyclist_w...

Cyclists in...
Forum: UK October 10th 11, 03:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Derek C
What we can learn from Europe.

On Oct 10, 2:47*pm, Clive George wrote:
On 10/10/2011 13:40, Derek C wrote:

Why don't you fcuk off to Denmark then Simon! We won't miss you and
you would be...
Forum: UK October 10th 11, 01:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Derek C
What we can learn from Europe.

On Oct 7, 6:34*pm, "Simon Mason" wrote:
"The price of gas is astronomical in Europe which is why many people ride
their bikes to work in Europe. Cycling in Europe...
Forum: UK September 19th 11, 11:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Derek C
The CTC

On Sep 18, 4:59*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

I've been a member for ten years, mainly for the insurance and have
persuaded many other cyclists to become members...
Forum: UK September 19th 11, 11:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Derek C
Wot, no helmet - is he mad?

On Sep 18, 4:59*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
Looking healthy enough due to milk and cycling though.

Forum: UK August 26th 11, 10:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 66
Posted By Derek C
Speed cameras have no effect or increase accident rates! Official.

On Aug 26, 6:48*am, "Doug" wrote:
On 25-Aug-2011, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 25/08/2011 07:58, Doug wrote:
On 24-Aug-2011, Derek...
Forum: UK August 25th 11, 07:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Derek C
cyclist goes to Birmingham in search of a gorilla

On Aug 24, 9:43*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Why is he wearing a helmet? it is a very bad example to the children.

Lovely spelling mistake in the headline, makes you wonder...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500