Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.57 seconds.
Forum: Techniques January 19th 13, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Calculate effect of lighter wheels?

Hi All!

I've scrounged up a new wheelset for my track bike.

I wonder if anyone can help me calculate my theoretical time savings for a standing start 250m?

Assuming the moment of inertia is the...
Forum: Marketplace January 25th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Bike value?

Hi All,

I know a bike is worth what someone will give, but I need to figure a
good starting point for local sales pitches. What do people suppose
this bike is worth:

2005 Pinarello Galileo Alu...
Forum: General January 25th 07, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
How cold is too cold?

On Jan 24, 9:38 pm, "Josh Hassol" wrote:
Temps (with wind chill) for my daily commute (14 miles each way):

Today: 21 F . . . no problem
Tomorrow: 9 F . . . hmmm
Friday:...
Forum: General January 24th 07, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Rainlegs---dorky but effective

On Jan 24, 1:12 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
wrote in ...

Bill Sornson wrote:
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 07, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Zipp 404 Watts saved

On Jan 23, 11:44 pm, wrote:
On 23 Jan 2007 13:12:16 -0800, wrote:

wrote:
On 23 Jan 2007 11:20:14 -0800,...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 07, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Zipp 404 Watts saved

wrote:
On 23 Jan 2007 11:20:14 -0800, wrote:

wrote:
On 23 Jan 2007 03:38:22 -0800,...
Forum: General January 23rd 07, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Rainlegs---dorky but effective

Bill Sornson wrote:
Gooserider wrote:
http://www.rainlegs.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=89a8ccb55d724610c02cb1b92618a265

I bought a pair of these due to recommendations from other
Forum: General January 23rd 07, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Needed new bike design

landotter wrote:
cmcanulty wrote:
I think the thing needed for practical winter riding where snow and
salt are the norm is a fully enclosed drivetrain and brake system. Why
has no one...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 07, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Zipp 404 Watts saved

wrote:
On 23 Jan 2007 03:38:22 -0800, wrote:

Hi All,

A few years ago some of you guys were kind enough to supply some info
on how...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Zipp 404 Watts saved

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
wrote:
Hi All,

A few years ago some of you guys were kind enough to supply some info
on how to mathematically estimate...
Forum: Racing January 23rd 07, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Pedal Power

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:25:36 GMT, B. Lafferty wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6287085.stm

An Australian: "I've had a fair few problems with traffic. You...
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 07, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Zipp 404 Watts saved

Hi All,

A few years ago some of you guys were kind enough to supply some info
on how to mathematically estimate the power savings possible with Zipp
404 wheels over normal wheels based on their...
Forum: Racing January 23rd 07, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Pedal Power

B. Lafferty wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6287085.stm

Riding naked. That's a good way to get drivers who think cycling is a
nuisance to take bikers seriously.

Joseph
Forum: Racing January 23rd 07, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
24h
Posted By [email protected]
24h

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:59:44 GMT, Mark & Steven Bornfeld

Steven Bornfeld...
Forum: Racing January 22nd 07, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
24h
Posted By [email protected]
24h

Dan Connelly wrote:
wrote:

There is plenty of good stuff there, but nothing to help me calibrate
myself so I can come up with a meaningful goal for myself.
Forum: General January 22nd 07, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Booties for big-feet (size 50)

Steve wrote:
I just bought a new pair of Sidi Dominator 5 shoes (MTB shoes which I
use on the road and off) and my usual booties don't fit (they hardly
fit my pair of Specialized size 48).

Forum: Racing January 22nd 07, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
24h
Posted By [email protected]
24h

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:45:47 GMT, Steven Bornfeld

Hi All,

What is...
Forum: Racing January 22nd 07, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
24h
Posted By [email protected]
24h

Dan Connelly wrote:
RonSonic wrote:
On 21 Jan 2007 13:37:35 -0800, wrote:

Hi All,

What is considered a good distance for a first time 24 hour...
Forum: General January 22nd 07, 09:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Can a newbie teach things about descending?

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

If I've got a question here, I haven't quite figured out what it is. Maybe
just looking for what others have experienced themselves, and trying to work
through what to...
Forum: Racing January 22nd 07, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
24h
Posted By [email protected]
24h

Steven Bornfeld wrote:
wrote:
Hi All,

What is considered a good distance for a first time 24 hour road race?
I'm not talking about top level, I'm...
Forum: Racing January 21st 07, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
24h
Posted By [email protected]
24h

Hi All,

What is considered a good distance for a first time 24 hour road race?
I'm not talking about top level, I'm talking about good to pretty good.

Joseph
Forum: General January 21st 07, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
riding the winter chop

recycled-one wrote:
Anyone want to nominate the most winter resistant bikes?

Best chains? Cables?

Would a fixed gear be more durable? Less gizmos to get clogged and corroded?

Fixed does...
Forum: Techniques January 21st 07, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Argh...can't feed cable through SRAM grip shifter...help....

BillJosephson wrote:
I'm putting new cables/housing on. I took the old cable out. The SRAM
instructions, which suck, say "feed cable into shifter." How? Where
the cable comes out of the...
Forum: Techniques January 21st 07, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Burning rubber

wrote:
Carl Fogel writes:

I've seen videos of bicycle messengers doing rear-tire skids, but they
were always balancing delicately, going straight, and...
Forum: Techniques January 21st 07, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 84
Posted By [email protected]
balance

Dan wrote:
MkTm wrote:
david wrote:

Snip
Apparently a rear steering bicycle is almost impossible to balance.
Ironic in that following a recent link to a video of an unusual...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500