Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrew Lee[_2_]
Forum: Techniques February 2nd 18, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Riding snow

On Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 10:28:07 AM UTC-9, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 12:52:32 PM UTC-6, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Forum: Techniques February 1st 18, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Riding snow

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 9:52:32 AM UTC-9, Frank Krygowski wrote:
http://cyclingsavvy.org/2018/01/navigating-snowy-streets/

--
- Frank Krygowski

More riding...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 10, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
You thought your bike commute was bad?

Carl Fogel wrote:
http://newsminer.com/view/full_story/7939048/article-Alaska-man-attac...

I ran down that trail the night before, about 6 hours before this
incident. I was calling out "Hey Bear"...
Forum: Techniques August 8th 09, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 65
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Sram chain droppping

On Aug 7, 5:09*am, Joseph S wrote:
Hi All,

It's been a while.

I've been having problems with my Sram equipped bike. When doing hard
sprint efforts in high...
Forum: Techniques March 9th 09, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 166
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Why do so many people still buy road bikes with drop bars butnever ride in the dropped position?

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 16:24:55 -0700 (PDT), Chalo
Are there any photos of you riding a bike online?

Here's...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 09, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Chainwheel Skipping?

wrote:
you are crying that it might cost you more than $50 over 15 years ?
where do you live, in a dumpster ?

??? I wasn't the one complaining about the costs. You were the...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 09, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Chainwheel Skipping?

wrote:

it is very clear that it is worn due to chain stretch. the radius on
the front of the tooth is expanding (like waves at sea), the back of
the tooth shows *what the...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 09, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Chainwheel Skipping?

Andrew Lee wrote:
I replaced it with a steel Shimano middle chainring that also had
ramps (no pins, but formed steel substitutes) that I got from a local
shop for 15 to 20 US dollars.

By the...
Forum: Techniques March 8th 09, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Chainwheel Skipping?

Clive George wrote:
BobC wrote:
chainring. * What does the group do to check chainwheel wear?

Back brake on, then lean on the pedals hard while looking at the chain. If
it moves visibly...
Forum: Techniques January 12th 09, 10:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Where Do I Shop For Tools?

Jay Beattie wrote:
I like the Park or Shimano cable cutters for STI cable housing,
although I suppose I could use ordinary cutters with a cable in the
housing. *With no cable, you squash the...
Forum: Techniques December 8th 08, 07:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 178
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
H+Son rim failure, Mr. Brandt, your thoughts?

Andrew Lee wrote:
Chocobot wrote:
http://ganrin.blogspot.com/2008/11/its-not-mine-but.html

That is the story. Does this seem right?

I clicked on the second...
Forum: Techniques December 8th 08, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Chocobot wrote:
http://ganrin.blogspot.com/2008/11/its-not-mine-but.html

That is the story. Does this seem right?

I clicked on the second photo and found a link to a...
Forum: Techniques December 5th 08, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 50
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Waxed bottle cages?

SMS" wrote:
Dan O wrote:
Thanks, but those plastic button thingies make the whole assembly look
horribly inelegant compared to the classic design, IMO.

You're...
Forum: Techniques November 29th 08, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
2009 Pricing

Andrew Lee wrote:
Let me try again now. If this doesn't work, I give up.

?

MIME Base 64 instead of uuencode:

€
Forum: Techniques November 29th 08, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
2009 Pricing

wrote:
Those question marks are supposed to be Euro symbols. I guess those
symbols
don't work in newsgroups?

Dear Andrew,

Let's see . . .

?
Forum: Techniques November 29th 08, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
2009 Pricing

Andrew Lee wrote:
STI levers: 358 ?, divided by 1.19 VAT that US doesn't have to pay,
converted to USD = $382
aluminum crank: 389 ? -- $415 USD
chain: 29.90 ? -- $31.7 USD
cogset: 149 ?...
Forum: Techniques November 29th 08, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
2009 Pricing

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
now and what made it so expensive? Particularly when compared to 7800?
Forum: Techniques November 26th 08, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
American Classic Seatpost Failure

wrote:
force a recall. To bolster my claim that an investigation is needed,
I'm searching for others who have experienced a failure with the same
clamp bolt. I've...
Forum: Techniques September 4th 08, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 294
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Dollar bill boot test

Art Harris wrote:
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Can't wait until Palin and Biden go toe to toe...hope she doesn't
start cryin'.

Joe has to be careful. If he humiliates her, people will...
Forum: Techniques September 4th 08, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 294
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Dollar bill boot test

Woland99 wrote:
Not trying to be mean but I honestly question her judgment -
she seems is so reckless and vengeful that she thought it was
justified to risk her political career to fire a state...
Forum: Techniques June 22nd 08, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 144
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Pics of Campa 11 speed

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
The other parts of the system are the
derailers (which also don't cost any less to make, and are agnostic
about how many cogs they shift, until the creation of the...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21