Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: N_Cook
Forum: UK August 3rd 13, 03:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By N_Cook
Second hand bikes/bikebits South Hampshire ?

Now that Mark Brummel is no longer with us in Southampton. Any fixed
physical resource for spare parts, ie not what might be happenstance on
gumtree, civic recycling centres, car boot sales and the...
Forum: UK November 20th 12, 10:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By N_Cook
followup to Sept thread " 27x 1 1/4 tube in 700x38 tyre"

thirty-six wrote in message
On Sep 17, 8:17 pm, "N_Cook" wrote:
thirty-six...
Forum: UK November 20th 12, 10:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By N_Cook
followup to 27x 1 1/4 tube in 700x38 tyre?

thirty-six wrote in message
On Sep 17, 8:17 pm, "N_Cook" wrote:
thirty-six...
Forum: UK November 17th 12, 05:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By N_Cook
Cycling in the pitch black night

thirty-six wrote in message
On 17 Nov, 09:00, "N_Cook" wrote:
thirty-six...
Forum: UK November 17th 12, 09:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By N_Cook
Cycling in the pitch black night

thirty-six wrote in message
On 16 Nov, 08:25, "N_Cook" wrote:
Being a city...
Forum: UK November 16th 12, 11:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By N_Cook
Cycling in the pitch black night

Rob Morley wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:26:08 -0000
"N_Cook" wrote:

Being a city dweller I was...
Forum: UK November 16th 12, 08:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By N_Cook
Cycling in the pitch black night

Being a city dweller I was not aware how dark the countryside can get on a
moonless night.
Despite cycling along the combination footpath/cycle path of a main road,
A35 in Hampshire. Between...
Forum: UK September 29th 11, 12:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By N_Cook
Ten Minute Home Brew Flat Tire Solution

Bret Cahill wrote in message
This is so easy it may not be worth patenting.

Drill another...
Forum: UK September 18th 11, 08:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By N_Cook
27x 1 1/4 tube in 700x38 tyre?

thirty-six wrote in message
On Sep 17, 8:17 pm, "N_Cook" wrote:
thirty-six...
Forum: UK September 17th 11, 08:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By N_Cook
27x 1 1/4 tube in 700x38 tyre?

thirty-six wrote in message
On Sep 17, 4:15 pm, "N_Cook" wrote:
Inner tubes...
Forum: UK September 17th 11, 04:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By N_Cook
Cantilever Brakes - centring

Neil wrote in message
Hi All,
problem with centring my cantilever brakes. One side will not spring back
out and is always...
Forum: UK September 17th 11, 04:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By N_Cook
27x 1 1/4 tube in 700x38 tyre?

Inner tubes seem to be semi-universal these days, so seems to cover both.
Any problem with using 27x 1.25 in 700x38 tyres? Is there a problem with the
constricted rubber at the valve not blowing up...
Forum: UK April 18th 08, 12:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By N_Cook
Shimano/Taya/Sigma chain link - what's the secret ?

No tools it said - what a clever idea I thought.
Not unless you have the fingers of a rock climber , or what is the secret.
One thing I learnt long, long ago , tie a bit of wire a few links...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13