Showing results 1 to 25 of 93
Search took 3.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: tmoyer
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By tmoyer
Will you still be riding when you're......

maestro8;1169911 wrote:
I wonder if any 20 year olds have ever made a plan that carried into
their 40s, or even 30s...

Sure - but it's still fun to hear what they think.

As for me, I'm...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By tmoyer
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

I've always wondered why road unicyclists use a hand position that looks
so awkward and bunched up.

I don't yet own a 36, but if I do, I'm going to want to be close to a
bike position on it.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By tmoyer
Today I... (brag thread)

Got crankflips down a curb pretty consistently - and got a couple of
them up a curb for the first time.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By tmoyer
Today I... (brag thread)

crankflip-crankflip-crankflip, with 1 pedal stroke between them.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By tmoyer
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

manon1wheel;1145402 wrote:
is it worth it to save 130$ for the s. wallis base?

The big difference is that if you buy the Wallis base you get to use a
stronger post also. If you're not breaking...
Forum: Unicycling November 22nd 08, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 80
Posted By tmoyer
What trick would you like to see in SLOW MOTION?

Any trick you can already do is just about committing...

Any trick you can't do yet needs a tutorial...

Tutorials on this forum have been very helpful for me and I welcome
more of them.

--
tmoyer
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

McMaster-Carr part number 85555A214

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin08--O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)
')--75cmHighJump*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZywfKhbBFkY)
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 80
Posted By tmoyer
What trick would you like to see in SLOW MOTION?

How about your take on crankflips and doubleflips, focusing on the
timing of the jump, the kick, and the pulling up on the handle.

Neither of the crankflip tutorials I've seen shows this very...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By tmoyer
Today I... (brag thread)

Today I went for a 4-person muni ride.

First time riding with more than one other unicyclist.

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin08--O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By tmoyer
***75cm High Jump Competition***

padst3r;1132338 wrote:
Why didnt you film the measuring tape against the pallets and show and
put the camera closer to the tape ? i have no doubts about you doing it
but it just seems...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By tmoyer
***75cm High Jump Competition***

74 cm. :D

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin08--O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)
tmoyer's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling November 10th 08, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 911
Posted By tmoyer
Street Discussion Thread.

Unicycle-Emele;1128678 wrote:
How does one rolling 3spin off of something without having the cranks
spin. Every time i tried it ended up being like a treflip. Would it be
easier to learn...
Forum: Unicycling November 9th 08, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By tmoyer
***75cm High Jump Competition***

SkierAlex;1127923 wrote:
I never practise high jump, don't really see the point.

Lol. It's unicycling. Does it need a point?

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to rolling hop a picnic table in...
Forum: Unicycling November 8th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By tmoyer
***75cm High Jump Competition***

71 cm today. Getting closer.

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin08--O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)
tmoyer's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By tmoyer
Today I... (brag thread)

rolling 3-spins, and a rolling outspin.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By tmoyer
Discovered a local unicyclist with KH 08! Doing Trials!

Unisykolist;1125866 wrote:
He was 28 years old, that made me realise that your never too old to do
street or trials!

Wow. That's really ancient. :rolleyes:

--
Forum: Unicycling November 3rd 08, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 88

Thanks for the tips, guys. That helps. It seemed like there was
something missing in the way I was doing it. Pulling up on the handle
(while leaning forward) makes a big difference. Before, I was...
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 88
Posted By tmoyer
Crankflip Comp

Can somebody explain to me about the role of pulling up on the handle?

Shaun's tutorial says that if you pull up too much, the uni shoots out
in front of you - and sure enough, it does.

But people...
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 08, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By tmoyer
2008 540 unispin competition

petad;1122579 wrote:
Actually the craankflip comp is over

My personal crankflip comp goes on until I land it... ;)

--
tmoyer
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hmmm - whether you abuse the unicycle unreasonably seems kinda beside
the point to me. The gear obviously can't handle what you're asking of
it. Even if udc was willing to replace a seatpost a week,...
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 08, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By tmoyer
2008 540 unispin competition

Hmmm - 3 comps at once? (crankflip, 75 cm high jump)

And getting so close on the other two.

Aaahh - what the heck. I'm in.

--
tmoyer
Forum: Unicycling October 31st 08, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

First 1-spin up anything (a curb).

And first 1-spins down anything without being scared (2 pallets).

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin08--O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)
Forum: Unicycling October 31st 08, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 88
Posted By tmoyer
Crankflip Comp

Only about 5 more minutes - and didn't get as close again.

I'll give it another go tomorrow.

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin08--O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)
Forum: Unicycling October 31st 08, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 88
Posted By tmoyer
Crankflip Comp

Got closer today. For the first time, I landed the back foot on - and
the front foot in -front -of the pedal!!

Trying hard to overcompensate forward - to make sure I land in front of
the uni and not...
Forum: Unicycling October 28th 08, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By tmoyer
***75cm High Jump Competition***

Got my trials uni back together today and hit 67 cm to pallets.

75 is still a ways away, but it's starting to look less impossible now.

--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 93