Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phil
Forum: Racing August 24th 15, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil
A disappointing TDF

On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 11:19:38 AM UTC-4, Randall Shimizu wrote:
This years TDF has been a bit on the boring side this year. Froome rode a defensive tour. I would have liked to have seen...
Forum: Racing May 12th 13, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil
I'm sure this has been talked all about but I can't find the

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:16:02 AM UTC-4, OccasionalFlyer wrote:
I tried searching the group posts before asking this but I kept hitting things that really didn't address my questions.

1....
Forum: Racing April 16th 13, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Phil
Good sleep aid

Could not sleep well last night so got up and turned on the tube. I was watching reruns of some clips of a road race in Europe....Put me right back to sleep. For a sleep aid, better than watching...
Forum: Racing March 3rd 13, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Phil
When Obie nixes the Keystone Pipeline

I wonder how he will spin it. For the past for years he has managed to blame the republicans for anything that did not go his way. I wonder how he will be able to do that when he sides with the tree...
Forum: Racing January 22nd 13, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Phil
So What are thaey gonna do with Lance's 7 non WINS

I mean what will the history books show? Just a big gap for those 7 years almost as if the tour was not run? They really cant show that Lance won. Perhaps his name will still appear but with a huge...
Forum: Racing January 17th 13, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Phil
OK Lance...I'm more dissapointed than upset at you

Ya know I've been thinking about this ever since you decided not to press on when the USDA was trying to get the goods against you. Then you lost all of your Tour victories and that must have really...
Forum: Racing January 14th 13, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Phil
It sure will be nice when LA fades away.

Then we can go back to Bicycle Racing being a non event. This group is dead unless there is a discussion about LA or doping.
Forum: Racing September 1st 12, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil
how do I get those 7 years back??

On Aug 28, 3:36*pm, cicero venatio wrote:
Lance shrugs it off, but how does a fan, such as myself, get those
seven months back (1 month per tour)? *Damn all of them, they...
Forum: Racing July 6th 12, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Phil
If Lance loved cycling he'd confess and move on

On Jul 6, 11:08*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/more-sports/headlines/20120705-lance...

Cancellara worried that Armstrong’s case might linger...
Forum: Racing August 2nd 11, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil
Cant get enough of LA

The Lance posts went away during the TDF but here they come right on
back mostly by the nutcases that think he is the devil incarnate.
Forum: Racing July 1st 11, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 35
Posted By Phil
The Real Lance Effect

On Jun 28, 10:15*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Lance Again
By Ray Keener
June 7, 2011
*
Lance’s impact on the bike industry is as controversial as his alleged
drug...
Forum: Racing July 1st 11, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Phil
Could be the most boring tour ever

Now that its been cleaned up, no one doing any thing at all right? All
of the riders are as clean a a 14 year old going to sunday school.
Probably we will see one of the slowest TDF's ever with half...
Forum: Racing May 26th 11, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 13
Posted By Phil
What crime has LA been INDICTED for

I don't get on here all that often but have been trying to follow the
LA scandal elsewhere and occasionally check in here. I did not know
that Lance had been indicted for any sort of crime as runs...
Forum: Racing February 19th 11, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By Phil
Free Lap Dance

On Feb 18, 4:29*pm, Choppy Warburton
wrote:
We all agree Jammie

And I bet you had a problem raising the $150 for the MS150 charity
ride....what a dip****!

that LAF is...
Forum: Racing February 19th 11, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 21
Posted By Phil
My Lance prediction

Lafferty says that LA is headed for a conviction and the slammer

My prediction is that now that Lance has "retired" the whole Lance
doping issue will eventually just fade away.

Which one would...
Forum: Racing February 1st 11, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil
Race in Colorado

On Jan 31, 2:47*am, Fred wrote:
On Jan 30, 6:52*pm, Phil wrote:

* We were talking about bike races at work this week and someone
mentioned that...
Forum: Racing January 31st 11, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Phil
Race in Colorado

We were talking about bike races at work this week and someone
mentioned that there is going to a race put on in Colorado this summer
similar to the old Coors Classic. I had not head anything about...
Forum: Racing January 26th 11, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Phil
Go Lance!

You gotta admit this would be one DULL newsgroup without Lance
Armstrong around. You jokers would actually have to resort to talking
about bicycle racing! Imagine that.
Forum: Racing January 26th 11, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil
Go Lance!

You gotta admit this would be one DULL newsgroup without Lance
Armstrong around. You jokers would actually have to resort to talking
about bicycle racing! Imagine that.
Forum: Racing January 22nd 11, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Phil
Is the Goose Cooked?

On Jan 21, 11:35*pm, Phil H wrote:
On Jan 21, 5:13*pm, BLafferty wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattslater/2011/01/lance_armstrong_an_icon...

Forum: Racing January 14th 11, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Phil
Lafferty needs to get a life

I don't post much here. Heck, I don't even visit this group much
anymore but it's fun to check in every once in awhile just to see what
is going on....I see that Lafferty is still going strong with...
Forum: Racing August 4th 10, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Phil
Tour of Colorado???

On Aug 3, 11:28*am, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Aug 3, 12:55*am, Superfly TNT wrote:

http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/status/20181343934

But I'll...
Forum: Racing July 6th 10, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 48
Posted By Phil
Wow . . . .

On Jul 4, 11:34*pm, Scott wrote:
On Jul 4, 5:39*pm, "Fred Gringioni"
wrote:

"Scott" wrote in...
Forum: Racing July 3rd 10, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Phil
WSJ: Chad Gerlach and David Clinger?

On Jul 3, 11:08*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
On 7/3/2010 1:59 AM, DA74 wrote: The best the WSJ could do was to get Chad ****ing Gerlach and David
****ing Clinger to talk about...
Forum: Racing June 29th 10, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Phil
No way Lance is going down

Its just nnot going to happen. Lancve is a hero to thousands ofpeople,
most of who could care less about bicycle racing. Lance has raised
millions of dollars for cancer reaserch. He is a regular...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30