Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: tiborg
Forum: Techniques September 8th 09, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By tiborg
Keep Breaking Shifter Cables - Why?

On Sep 8, 10:03*am, Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

I have a 10-speed Ultegra equipped road bike in which the rear
deraileur cable keeps breaking strands near the shifter which
Forum: Techniques December 1st 08, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By tiborg
Keyhole hubs?

On Dec 1, 11:46*am, wrote:
On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 01:40:43 -0000, "Clive George"

wrote:
"Jim Rogers" wrote in...
Forum: Techniques October 21st 08, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By tiborg
Dinotte 600L vs. dual 200L

On Oct 19, 4:07*pm, Mark Shroyer wrote:
I am shopping for bicycle lights, and I'm particularly interested in
Dinotte's 600L and dual 200L sets. *One thing that...
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By tiborg
LEDs in the spokes?

On Oct 2, 10:59*pm, Kristian M Zoerhoff
On 2008-10-02, PatTX wrote:

::: Was multicolored so Hokey Spokes is the likely candidate.
Forum: Techniques September 19th 08, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By tiborg
Another Reason To Carry Spare Tubes

On Sep 19, 10:17*am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Pinch-flatted during lunch hour today.

"OK, we'll throw a new tube in there...."

"Oops!... gave that sucker to somebody who...
Forum: Techniques July 5th 08, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By tiborg
Which rims for Big Apple?

I had the opportunity recently to set up my father's old Trek 850 with
a pair of 60-559 Big Apples. My normal bike is a Giant Reign 3 with
47-559 on the rear and 35-559 on the front (both kept around...
Forum: Techniques May 15th 08, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By tiborg
Specialized Armadillo Vs. Armadillo Elite

You also might want to take a look at the Schwalble Marathon Plus
tire. Instead of a tough plastic layer, they just add a thick rubber
layer under the tread. It's heavier than the Armadillo, but you...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By tiborg
No-seat segway-style police tricycles?

On May 8, 4:20*am, wrote:
No-seat segway-style police tricycles?
*http://www.veoh.com/videos/v8733726p68KcyTj&source=embedVideo

What's the advantage (real or imagined)...
Forum: Techniques December 27th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By tiborg
Converting 12-27 to 13-30?

On Dec 27, 12:43*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Dec 27, 11:42*am, "Nick Payne" wrote:

No drilling out needed. The 13t 1st pos cog replaces the two...
Forum: Techniques October 25th 07, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By tiborg
cable life

On Oct 25, 4:18 pm, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
Typically when the rd starts to act up,
it's usually the gatorade goop, that
dries under where the bottom...
Forum: Techniques October 22nd 07, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By tiborg
cable life

On Oct 22, 4:49 pm, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
I've had two shimano cable breaks in the
last year. One had 12,000 miles, the
other one 6000 miles. They both...
Forum: Techniques October 21st 07, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By tiborg
LED/HID lightsets

On Oct 20, 10:35 pm, Dorfus Dippintush
wrote:
tiborg wrote:
On Oct 20, 4:22 am, Duncan Smith wrote:
Anyone had trouble with...
Forum: Techniques October 20th 07, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By tiborg
LED/HID lightsets

On Oct 20, 4:22 am, Duncan Smith wrote:
Anyone had trouble with their M-HID light-sets? My Edison-10's just
blown up (stopped working - fortunately at the start of a...
Forum: Techniques October 19th 07, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By tiborg
Is it Dead?

On Oct 19, 10:09 am, "David L. Johnson"
wrote:
Frank Drackman wrote:
ride. Checking more closely revealed that the seat tube was completely
disconnected from...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 07, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By tiborg
Is it cold where you are? Do you still feel like riding?

On Oct 17, 3:33 pm, "Greens" wrote:
I was going strong until about a week and a half ago. We had a warm spell
and it was about seventy fahrenheit. Then I went out one evening...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By tiborg
Tick, tick, tick . . . HELP!!

On Oct 16, 9:40 am, wrote:
I'm really starting to get annoyed at this (nearly) constant ticking
sound on my bike when pedaling. (Every once in a blue moon it
mysteriously...
Forum: Techniques October 5th 07, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By tiborg
tires, the wider the better

On Oct 5, 11:48 am, DougC wrote:
The problem a lot of people have nowadays is that even if they have
wider tires on a bike, the rims are still generally too narrow, and...
Forum: Techniques October 4th 07, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By tiborg
tires, the wider the better

On Oct 4, 8:07 pm, Aeek wrote:
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 02:59:39 -0500, Ben C wrote:
Wider tires roll better than narrow ones. This assertion...
Forum: Techniques October 4th 07, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By tiborg
tires, the wider the better

On 2007-10-04, wrote:
[...]

"It is not a matter of friction by contact with the ground,...
Forum: Techniques October 3rd 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By tiborg
Large spoke tension drop with inflated tire

On Oct 2, 5:01 pm, Chalo wrote:
tiborg wrote:

Carl Fogel wrote:

I'd think hard about why I needed 80 psi on a 47 mm nominal width tire
when I was...
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 07, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Oct 2, 5:01 pm, Chalo wrote:
tiborg wrote:

Carl Fogel wrote:

I'd think hard about why I needed 80 psi on a 47 mm nominal width tire
when I was...
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 07, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By tiborg
Large spoke tension drop with inflated tire

On Oct 2, 1:56 pm, wrote:
But that 80 psi does sound awfully high. In fact, you're about 14%
over Schwalbe's maximum suggested 70 psi for that ti

Forum: Techniques October 1st 07, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By tiborg
Large spoke tension drop with inflated tire

I built a rear wheel using a DT Swiss XR 4.1d rim and tensioned the
drive side to about 120 kgf (measured with a Park Tool TM-1). After
mounting a Marathon Plus tire (47-559) and inflating to 80 psi,...
Forum: Techniques September 28th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 158
Posted By tiborg
Hazards of night cycling

On Sep 28, 10:13 pm, Andy M-S wrote:
On Sep 28, 7:56 am, "Greens" wrote:

"Andy M-S" wrote in message

Forum: General September 26th 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By tiborg
Durability Of Aftermarket Shifter Cables?

On Sep 26, 9:23 am, Steve Sr. wrote:
Can anyone comment on the durability of aftermarket shifter cables?
These would be for a Shimano 10S system. I have recently had one
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65