Search: Posts made by: Rob Morley
Forum: UK March 22nd 18, 12:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Rob Morley
Video: Moment driver 'with cloudy windscreen' hits cyclist

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 10:44:19 +0000
Bod wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/video/moment-driver-cloudy-windscreen-hits-cyclist-1652238/

"Couldn't see because demister wasn't working."...
Forum: UK March 14th 18, 08:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Rob Morley
Flipping the bird = £1000

On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 07:18:10 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

Just about every German car driver will be shelling out their cash at
this rate!

Germans are quite strict about the "no...
Forum: UK March 14th 18, 08:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob Morley
Cheerless hero nr 2?

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 12:48:18 -0800 (PST)
Simon Jester wrote:

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 8:22:41 PM UTC, wrote:
Cheerless once danced in delight when a...
Forum: UK March 14th 18, 08:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Rob Morley
Fines and Penalties on the way ?

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 11:03:07 +0000
colwyn wrote:

Motorists could be fined for driving too close to cyclists under a
safety review designed to make bikes the natural...
Forum: UK February 5th 18, 05:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Rob Morley
Would you have the guts to do this?

On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 06:05:33 -0800 (PST)
Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs4SFvGVyY&t=515s

8.35

Only if SWMBO wasn't there, because she always...
Forum: UK January 17th 18, 07:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Rob Morley
It makes a change from going up the inside.

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 09:56:58 -0800 (PST)
Simon Jester wrote:

So the brakes, or lack thereof, were not relevant.

He sprinted to get past the truck then was suddenly thrown...
Forum: UK December 30th 17, 09:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob Morley
Road Tolls 2018

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 13:56:23 -0800 (PST)
Simon Jester wrote:

Road damage is 4th power of axle loading.
A 1000kg car causes 100 000 times as much damage as a 10kg primary
Forum: UK December 8th 17, 08:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Rob Morley
An interesting report for Australian cyclists about cycling onthe pavement (specifically in NSW)

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 08:48:47 +0000
Bod wrote:

"Why I support the call to allow cyclists to ride on footpaths in NSW"

The constant police crackdowns on cyclists combined...
Forum: UK November 9th 17, 06:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Rob Morley
Bike Lights Recommendation

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:35:52 -0800 (PST)
Simon Jester wrote:

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:10:49 PM UTC, RJH wrote:
I seem to end up asking about this every couple of...
Forum: UK November 9th 17, 05:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Rob Morley
Bike Lights Recommendation

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 17:13:14 -0000 (UTC)
"Kerr-Mudd,John" wrote:

RJH wrote in :

I seem to end up asking about this...
Forum: UK October 27th 17, 09:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Rob Morley
Who was at fault?

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 05:45:51 -0700 (PDT)
Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aykT5yXVkU

Cyclist riding on the footway or driver for not looking before...
Forum: UK October 24th 17, 08:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Rob Morley
Seen today

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 19:49:19 +0100
TMS320 wrote:

While cycling along a quiet residential road, I first overtook a lad
of about 14/15 giving a younger girl a lift on his...
Forum: UK October 13th 17, 02:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
Posted By Rob Morley
Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:24:49 +0100
Bod wrote:

On 13/10/2017 14:16, Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:06:33 +0100
Bod wrote:

Forum: UK October 13th 17, 02:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
Posted By Rob Morley
Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:06:33 +0100
Bod wrote:

On 13/10/2017 11:43, Rob Morley wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:03:51 GMT
(Christie)...
Forum: UK October 13th 17, 11:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
Posted By Rob Morley
Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:03:51 GMT
(Christie) wrote:

Just the potential speed that you could more consistently maintain on
some electric bikes, I suppose - Bod...
Forum: UK October 12th 17, 05:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
Posted By Rob Morley
Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 15:22:50 +0100
Bod wrote:

You must be oblivious to this fact.

He's oblivious to the fact that he's a drivelling idiot, but isn't that
often the way?
Forum: UK October 12th 17, 05:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
Posted By Rob Morley
Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 11:08:33 GMT
(Christie) wrote:

Could I ask if your wife chooses to wear head protection when she uses
her electric bike? I don't see many...
Forum: UK October 11th 17, 06:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
Posted By Rob Morley
Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:51:49 +0100
Bod wrote:

On 11/10/2017 17:30, Rob Morley wrote:

Regular utility or recreational cycling doesn't require any special
clothing,...
Forum: UK October 11th 17, 05:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
Posted By Rob Morley
Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:07:52 +0100
Bod wrote:

On 11/10/2017 16:40, Rob Morley wrote:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:25:46 +0100
Bod wrote:

Forum: UK October 11th 17, 04:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Rob Morley
New street crossing alerts drivers if pedestrian is looking attheir phone

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 07:26:48 +0100
Bod wrote:

A hi-tech crossing which alerts drivers when a pedestrian using a
mobile phone steps in front of traffic has been unveiled.
Forum: UK October 11th 17, 04:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
Posted By Rob Morley
Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 12:25:46 +0100
Bod wrote:

Do you use your bike in heavy traffic, much?

No, country roads, but mostly off road.

Forum: UK October 11th 17, 04:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 103
Posted By Rob Morley
Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 11:52:57 +0100
Bod wrote:

Should I commit suicide now? If so, suggest a quick method.

Undertake a tipper or skip truck in central London morning peak...
Forum: UK October 8th 17, 02:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Rob Morley
What Would You Do?

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 09:45:00 -0700 (PDT)
Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7i60GuNRg

Dunno, it would depend on my mood - if I was in a bad mood I...
Forum: UK September 12th 17, 09:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Rob Morley
Cycling into Canary Wharf

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 18:04:55 +0000 (UTC)
Tim Woodall wrote:

Tried to post this to the moderated group but got rejected:

Sep 12 17:33:07 einstein sm-mta[6709]:...
Forum: UK September 9th 17, 07:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Rob Morley
No Fuel Shortages Or Bottlenecks Evacuating By Bicycle

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 10:20:28 +0100
Bod wrote:

I've nothing against wooden houses and have never said they are a bad
idea, just not very sensible to build one in a wildfire...