Search: Posts made by: Tosspot[_3_]
Forum: Techniques Yesterday, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Discs

On 17/11/17 00:56, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 19:17:22 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Tosspot" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques November 16th 17, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Discs

On 16/11/17 20:38, David Scheidt wrote:
Tosspot wrote:
:Why do they have holes in them?

:Car discs don't, motorbike discs don't, aircraft discs don't. Why do
Forum: Techniques November 16th 17, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Discs

Why do they have holes in them?

Car discs don't, motorbike discs don't, aircraft discs don't. Why do
bicycle discs have them?
Forum: Techniques November 15th 17, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Alfine 11 hub skipping under hard pedaling

On 15/11/17 07:55, dave wrote:

snip

No worries. Good luck getting the circlip back on. ;)

Been there, done that, *ALL* the toys out the pram :-(
Forum: Techniques November 15th 17, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Alfine 11 hub skipping under hard pedaling

On 14/11/17 06:36, dave wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 21:19:41 +0100, Tosspot wrote:

snip

Mines got about 8k km on it, with one oil change, plan to do the next in
the spring. Is it really...
Forum: Techniques November 13th 17, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Alfine 11 hub skipping under hard pedaling

On 13/11/17 20:41, dave wrote:

snip

The hubs are very pernickity about lubrication and need regular oil
changes or they sulk. Our man, as he himself correctly says, needs to
change the oil....
Forum: Techniques November 12th 17, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Alfine 11 hub skipping under hard pedaling

On 10/11/17 14:50, wrote:
Dear All,

Thank you for your comments and advice. I investigated a little more
and I have isolated the skipping to the 8th gear. It only happens
Forum: UK November 10th 17, 07:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Driver in Leicester reversed over woman before driving off

On 10/11/17 10:09, Bod wrote:
Footage has been released showing the moment a driver knocks a woman
down in the street before driving off. The 20-year-old victim was
injured in the collision...
Forum: Techniques November 7th 17, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Stupid cyclist tricks

On 07/11/17 19:31, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 10:30:22 AM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
.. while his canine ball licker has a ****.

lovely

Forum: UK November 6th 17, 09:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 27
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Police lorry catches 4,000 dangerous drivers

On 06/11/17 06:42, Bod wrote:
More than 4,000 drivers in England have been caught committing offences
over the last two years, following a special operation using a lorry,
police say.

Forum: Techniques November 6th 17, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Stupid cyclist tricks

On 06/11/17 03:00, Frank Krygowski wrote:

snip

IME, they often do on Mixed Use Paths. Sometimes four abreast. Add a dog
on a long leash and pedestrians' random motion, and it can make things...
Forum: Techniques November 3rd 17, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Stupid cyclist tricks

On 03/11/17 14:19, wrote:
Author of his own demise: https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/news/wheelie-popping-toronto-rider-charged/.

That's the best wheelie I've ever seen!
Forum: Techniques October 20th 17, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Carrying tools

On 20/10/17 01:21, Doug Landau wrote:
I was on tour
I was 1K miles from home
I passed a ball-pein hammer in the gutter
What would you do?

Work harden my spokes.
Forum: UK October 20th 17, 06:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
UK may consider electric vehicle subsidy to increase cycling

On 20/10/17 18:42, Bod wrote:
The UK government could potentially consider providing subsidies for
electric bicycles and electric cars as part of a concerted policy effort
to get more people...
Forum: Techniques October 11th 17, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Finally shifted the seized seat post.

On 10/10/17 22:56, Ian Field wrote:

"Doug Landau" wrote in message

had to replace the...
Forum: UK October 4th 17, 07:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Mr Pounder?

On 04/10/17 18:21, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1R13Kwy57U

A one man Muppet show.
Forum: UK September 21st 17, 08:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Plans for west London's first cycle superhighway unveiled - withmore than half of route segregated from traffic

On 21/09/17 10:54, Bod wrote:
Plans for the first cycle superhighway in west London were unveiled today.

More than half of the 5.6-mile CS9 route between Kensington Olympia and
Brentford...
Forum: UK September 21st 17, 08:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
More wanton and furious driving

On 21/09/17 21:02, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 7:43:04 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx36Cz8KZHI

Forum: Techniques September 14th 17, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 92
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Is there an updated Dynotest somewhere?

On 14/09/17 01:37, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Tosspot wrote:

It's coupled to a European dynamo light

What light is that?

Forum: Techniques September 13th 17, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 92
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Is there an updated Dynotest somewhere?

On 12/09/17 21:39, Frank Krygowski wrote:

snip

It's illegal for a white light to be pointed rearward like that. But I'm sure
the rider felt that it was so dangerous to ride a bike that she...
Forum: Techniques September 13th 17, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 92
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Is there an updated Dynotest somewhere?

On 12/09/17 12:50, sms wrote:
On 9/11/2017 11:59 PM, Sepp Ruf wrote:

snip

For Rob who might experience mental drag uphill from just having to see a
big, heavy, non-laminated hub...
Forum: Techniques September 11th 17, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 251
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Road Discs

On 10/09/17 00:28, jbeattie wrote:
So, my SuperSix was crushed in a roof-rack accident and last weak my Roubaix was stolen out of the garage that I left open all night. I've done that many times...
Forum: Techniques September 11th 17, 06:02 AM Posted to gnu.emacs.help,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 129
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
program to compute gears, with table

On 08/09/17 21:59, David Scheidt wrote:
In rec.bicycles.tech Joerg wrote:
:On 2017-09-08 10:52, Emanuel Berg wrote:
: Skip Montanaro wrote:
:
: * Why the...
Forum: UK September 7th 17, 06:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Wanton and furious walking

On 06/09/17 19:22, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 6:09:25 PM UTC+1, Tosspot wrote:
On 03/09/17 17:15, Simon Jester wrote:

Forum: Techniques August 27th 17, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 80
Posted By Tosspot[_3_]
Cyclometer and Cargo Bikes...

On 23/08/17 15:37, dave wrote:
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 07:33:03 -0700, Joerg wrote:

snip

Then I'd crash trying to beat my current max speed :-)

Heh! :)

My best is 68kmh....